New Shirt Sponsor

Toxteth O'Grady

The fact that the sponsorship is in place well before the start of the season, without the unseemly boasting that pre-empted last years fiasco, is a good start. I dont think it pays to get too snotty about the club sponsor, if they're paying cash that keeps our club alive they should be more than welcome to a place on the chest of every Motherwell fan.

At least everyone who sees it will know who they are, it would be even better if everyone who sees a Cash Converter knew who they sponsored. In that respect we'd get as much out of it as they do.

some of you really want to get a grip, who gives a fuck who the sponsor is as long as the cash is coming our way.

I agree, clubs done well getting a sponser sorted so early! As for not buying kits I'm sure you will have a choice with or without as we did this season and the new 125 years anniversary kit so we sorted.

got to say it doesnt bother me in the slightest. the logo doesnt stand out at all, blends in well, and if you are realy honest with yourself, how often do you realy notice a sponser anyway? especial when the colours blend in and and dont stand out in your face. i mean i could mibi name 5 out of the spl alone off the top of my head.

money in the bank at the end of the day which is only ever a good thing.

Another nice point is that if they have come in now so they can put their names on the back of the top for the final, clearly us getting to this big end of season show peice has been the deciding factor in this deal, thus if they wanted to advertise via us during the final, I'd imagine they are paying a premium for that.

This could be a very tidy deal for the club, plus they know the money is there now and won't be pissing about at the start of the season for any sponsor. Thus, we may have a few more pennies for contract talks and signings during the summer.

got to say it doesnt bother me in the slightest. the logo doesnt stand out at all, blends in well, and if you are realy honest with yourself, how often do you realy notice a sponser anyway? especial when the colours blend in and and dont stand out in your face. i mean i could mibi name 5 out of the spl alone off the top of my head.

money in the bank at the end of the day which is only ever a good thing.

As long as it doesn't stand out as much as fly zoom did then we're fine

It would be interesting to see how many fans will still buy a shirt with Cash Converters on it. And how many (if any) potential sales they will lose due to the new sponsor.

There is no doubt that a sponsor's logo can make or break a shirt, but at the end of the day the club is in no position to turn down what is probably a good deal. Unfortunately it's not the one I was hoping for.

It probably is going to be good money for the club, especially as they seem to be going out of their way to get the deal in place before the final. It does seem mad though that it's got to the stage that a pawn broker has enough of an advertising budget to be sponsoring an SPL team :lol:

It could be worse, it could be one of those loan-shark companies you see advertised on the telly, but it'd probably make me more likely to buy the anniversary top. I was probably going to wait to see the new home kit before deciding but I might just go for the preorder on the 125th kit.

It probably is going to be good money for the club, especially as they seem to be going out of their way to get the deal in place before the final. It does seem mad though that it's got to the stage that a pawn broker has enough of an advertising budget to be sponsoring an SPL team :lol:

It could be worse, it could be one of those loan-shark companies you see advertised on the telly,

Could have been the Provi :whistling: