1991 Cup Final Goals

Haggischomper

1991 Cup Goals  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which was your fave goal?

Not sure we've had this discussion before on all the years of this board and it's previous incarnation. So, go ahead and burn off some nervous energy and share your fave and why you love it.

EDIT: Here's a wee reminder of the goals! notworthy.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbcwr7PqZiY

Poll now up too - sorry about that!

Our third. It meant we went two goals up and I relaxed a bit.

Having said that I was still jumping about like a looney and didn't notice they scored their second.

It was the only two minutes of the game I totally enjoyed.

Having said that Fergies was a peach, Phils out the blue and Kirkies the winner.

Is this not like asking who is your favourite child?

• Like 1

I've had a long hard think about this and there are different ways to view it.

Clearly now with the view of hindsight and given the sentimentality of it all then Phil's would get the nod, however........

.......on the day, Ian Angus's was the most exhilerating for me as at the time it hit the net it felt like that was gonna be enough to win the cup. Add to the fact that it was a very rare moment of sheer quality from a guy who would probably admit himself to being one of the unsung heroes / workhorses of the squad and you have all the ingredients of a great goal......

......on balance I'm leaving sentimentality out of it and sticking with my 20 year old memories!

Our third. It meant we went two goals up and I relaxed a bit.

Having said that I was still jumping about like a looney and didn't notice they scored their second.

It was the only two minutes of the game I totally enjoyed.

Having said that Fergies was a peach, Phils out the blue and Kirkies the winner.

Is this not like asking who is your favourite child?

Ha ha! Spot on mate!

.......on the day, Ian Angus's was the most exhilerating for me as at the time it hit the net it felt like that was gonna be enough to win the cup. Add to the fact that it was a very rare moment of sheer quality from a guy who would probably admit himself to being one of the unsung heroes / workhorses of the squad and you have all the ingredients of a great goal......

That's the one I am going with. I'd forgotten how well taken it was until tassinari posted the video clips on FB this morning. Phil's was a cracker too, though and Griffin swung in a great cross for Fergie's. of course, Kirkie's MEANT most! 4 good yin's to choose from.

Hard to chose one, they were all as important as each other and each was special in it's own way but I voted for Ferguson's opener. In the weeks before the final, I'd been revelling in the fact that our wee team were in the Scottish Cup Final and the actual game itself hadn't crossed my mind. It was only when the game kicked off that reality hit me and I realised that we had a game to win.

With French putting the ball in the net and the shot (Van Der Hoorn?) that scudded the post and raced across the goal-line, my confidence lessened. Ferguson's goal was a good bit of play with a lovely cross from Griffin but it was also the goal that made me think we could win the Cup. It was a great morale booster.

Went for Fergie's, but only just - that 1st goal just seemed sublime at the time, and like Cakes said, it gave a belief to me that we could go and win the cup.

Uncle Phil's goal - BRAVE AS A LION said it all

Ian Angus' - superb lay off and strike and I honestly thought that the cup was ours

Stevie Kirk's winner - pretty sure I went mental, but an overriding memory is that, by this stage, I was gone, emotionally drained.

More of the same tomorrow guys, with the same result :yahoo: :yahoo:

MON RA DOSSERS

Stevie Kirk's winner - pretty sure I went mental, but an overriding memory is that, by this stage, I was gone, emotionally drained.

Sums it up for me. At the end of 90 minutes I remember being shattered, and how quiet the Motherwell end seemed at that stage. By the time Kirky scored, there wasn't much left in the tank, emotionally.

It was one of those occasions where the real enjoyment didn't come until after it finished. Watching the actual game was torture :P

Be much happier this time around if we score 3 early goals and then just shut the game down :cheers: