Tom Boyd

steelboy

i've got a lot of thoughts about the game but we've got the full summer to talk about it so there's no hurry. i'm going on holiday tomorrow and id thought i'd give the site a miss until i get back but my blood was boiling reading tom boyd's comments in the sun today.

we didn't do our self justice but there is no need to stick the boot into guys that will be hurting massively after blowing the biggest games of there careers. there's no way anyone who is a true friend of the club would have slaughtered our players publicly after a major final and it should be made clear to him that he is a non person at fir park and with plenty of well fans cup winning captain or not.

It is funny as even in the build up to Saturday and you talk about legends, you automatically think of Kirk, O'Donnell, Cooper, Arnott....... The team Captain as he was features a long way down that list and even further now!

Tom Boyd was my original hero. Despite the obvious joy, I remember the regret coming away from Hampden in '91 knowing that he had played his last game for Motherwell.

I haven't read what he has said with regards to Saturday's game but it saddens that he never seems to cherish the achievement of '91 in the same light as the rest of the team. I understand that he went on to achieve great things with Celtic and Scotland but given that he captained us to such a historic victory you would think he would take more pride in the achievement.

I don't know who was responsible for deciding who would parade the Cup pre-match on Saturday but i wasn't at all comfortable with Boyd being alongside Kirk.

"McCart is worth a mention too.

c**t"

"Agreed.

Total w*nker of a man!"

What has he said thats been disrespectful of the club or the fans?

Lets not turn this into a w*nkfest against any player who's left us and then played for celtic!

Lets not turn this into a w*nkfest against any player who's left us and then played for celtic!

McCart felt it would be "inappropriate" to join in with the '91 team celebrations because he's at Celtic the now.

Pretty sure most smellies wouldn't even be aware of who he is.

"McCart is worth a mention too.

c**t"

"Agreed.

Total w*nker of a man!"

Said he couldn't associate himself with the 91 team as Celtic was his employer.

McCart never played for Celtic btw.

Much as that pains him

mccart is pretty honest about being a career man and putting himself first. he should be castigated for slane and gormley before anything else, certainly another person whose presence should be restricted to the bare minimun.

if what boyle says about fan ownership is true then at some point in the near future i and many other people on this board will own a significant share of the club. if we do have some kind of direct demoncracy in making decisions then there should be a good number of people being told they are person non gratis in the not too distant future.

McCart felt it would be "inappropriate" to join in with the '91 team celebrations because he's at Celtic the now.

Pretty sure most smellies wouldn't even be aware of who he is.

Its a bit sad that he felt that way but it doesn't make him a c*nt.

Spoke with Tom Boyd at the MST night the other week. Didn't hide his Celtic allegiances but I thought he was a decent bloke. Not seen the comments he has made. Shame if he has slated our players after the event. No need really.

mccart is pretty honest about being a career man and putting himself first. he should be castigated for slane and gormley before anything else, certainly another person whose presence should be restricted to the bare minimun.

if what boyle says about fan ownership is true then at some point in the near future i and many other people on this board will own a significant share of the club. if we do have some kind of direct demoncracy in making decisions then there should be a good number of people being told they are person non gratis in the not too distant future.

I’m all for a democratically ran club but lets make sure we spend our time deciding what’s best for Motherwell Football Club and not arguing over shit like this!

If we’re going to start making petty lists like this then god help our future!

• Like 1

I’m all for a democratically ran club but lets make sure we spend our time deciding what’s best for Motherwell Football Club and not arguing over shit like this!

If we’re going to start making petty lists like this then god help our future!

for the people, by the people!

we'll need to see how it works, what it costs, how many people take it up, what mechanisms there are to elect a board or bring an issue to a vote but there is a lot of potential for interesting developments.

and it shouldn't take up to much time. i'll offer to draft up letters to boyd, mccart, keevins, speirs, waddell et al in my own time.

Which seems quite reasonable to me, I'm afraid.

Agreed. He was in an awkward situation and I think did the correct thing. Decent of him to explain the reason why, too, rather than just not being there.

Have to disagree with the comments about Craig Paterson being negative towards us on radio. I've always found his comments to be pretty fair and sometimes even flattering to us. There's a few times I've heard him talk us up a bit more than I've felt we deserved.