Inverurie Ticket Refund..

DC'd

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As Robyn says, I have emailed the club with a lengthy complaint about these issues, and to be very fair to Leeann Dempster she came back with a swift and well constructed reply, explaining several issues.

Apparently, MFC were negotiating right from postponement #1 for a refund for MFC fans, but Inverurie were unwilling to let this happen, MFC went via SFA to sort this out. SFA took no responsibility and left it to the two clubs. MFC took it upon themselves apparently, to give their fans refunds and to re-sell the tickets without Loco's permission - fair play to MFC for doing this and helping out their own fans.

That is all well and good, but my main gripe is still the fact, it was MFC giving out wrong information and saying that I had days to collect my refund and then to turn round AFTER the deadline to say naw..

If they had in the first place said that yesterday was the deadline, I would have accepted this fact, it's only because they have changed it, that it leaves fans pissed off..

No refunds were ever available for Locos fans, and frankly I'd have been embarrassed to ask for one. Thats the risk you take if you cant make the rescheduled date, sorry guys.

All credit to MFC for trying to help out their own fans. If you could afford to pay most of the running costs for a hot air ballon to get the match on yesterday then I'm sure Motherwell can afford to give a few refunds instead.

Got an unused ticket here for the home end which will go into a scrap book. Might be worth something one day.

No refunds were ever available for Locos fans, and frankly I'd have been embarrassed to ask for one. Thats the risk you take if you cant make the rescheduled date, sorry guys.

I'd agree if it was just the one rescheduled date, but not to offer refunds for a match that was rescheduled four times is a disgrace.

I'd agree if it was just the one rescheduled date, but not to offer refunds for a match that was rescheduled four times is a disgrace.

Spot on, one game yeah fair enough but for it to be cancelled 4 times and not offer a refund is a bit much.

People took holidays to go to the games which were cancelled. Poor guys like Dc'd took a week off their work to try and make the game. I think it is only right that a refund is offered.

It's a different case entirely for the Loco's fans given that the majority are from that area and would make the game easier than the 'Well fans who for one reason or another had to consistently arrange holidays and then the game goes ahead when the country is in the midst of one of the worst winter weather periods in recent memory.

It does seem odd that Motherwell FC seem happy to spend 12K or whatever to get your balloon up to Inverurie to ensure that the game went ahead but is then quibbling about giving you guys refunds after originally saying they would.

But frankly I still think there should be smallprint on the ticket saying that it is valid for whenever the game is played and that no refunds would be available. If we ever get this far in the cup again we will try to remember to add this onto the back of the ticket, but I'm not sure printers up here in this backwater can do double-sided yet.

All credit to MFC for trying to help out their own fans. If you could afford to pay most of the running costs for a hot air ballon to get the match on yesterday then I'm sure Motherwell can afford to give a few refunds instead.

Got an unused ticket here for the home end which will go into a scrap book. Might be worth something one day.

I will keep you in mind and buy that ticket from you when we win the cup. Will get it framed along with the other tickets from future rounds :lol:

But frankly I still think there should be smallprint on the ticket saying that it is valid for whenever the game is played and that no refunds would be available.

Well I'm pretty sure every ticket I have had for a football match has under its T&Cs that if the game is postponed then the ticket will be valid for the rescheduled game or a refund will be given.

expected this thread today discussed it on the long journey home last night

my viewpoint is somewhere in the middle ground here I think, expecting a refund after the event has taken place is a little bit ridiculous, wouldn't happen for any other event

BUT

if the club communicated to individuals that refunds would be made available to them then to put it simply thats what should happen, however the first point still stands for all those people that didn't contact the club and are just expecting a refund because they read it on an unoffical message board. As far as I'm aware no announcement was made other than to a couple of individuals over the phone?

the larger issue is of course that once again the club have cocked up wether it be one individual or a business decision thats been reversed at the last minute.

But from what I can see is from the start the club tried to accomodate fans due to the nature of the game, it was oversubscribed and they thought they could refund those that lost out and re-distribute the tickets at no loss, but the number of call offs at short notice put paid to this plan.

as it was only 500 tickets maybe the club should have just allowed the fans to get on with it and exchange tickets amongst themselves, would have meant less work for the club and no risk.

That's a fair post Brazillian.

I wouldn't have generally expected a refund after the event but when I was told I would get one thats what I expeceted to happen. No details were taken from me so i did for one minute think that it was a personal arrange between myself and the club. I assumed everbody would be in the same position wether they had phoned or not.

I fortunately got my refund yesterday but that was down to "luck" with it snowing and leaving work early but as I posted the information after the phonecall I am disappointed at the clubs reversal of their orginal decision as it has mislead fans.

I understand that the tickets are non-refundable per SFA.Sorry but that is the rules. The clubs can make arrangements accordingly ie can refund if they wish

The Locos were obliged to give Motherwell 500 tickets which I undertand wa based on the kind of travelling support to Aberdeen. Well asked for more. The Locos allocation of 2000 was sold out therefore they had no more to give.

Motherwell are responsible for the cost of the 500 tickets. I am guessing that having demanded more than 500 it would have been embarrassing for an SPL club to be saying please take some back.

The Locos committee had a waiting list in excess of 500 for any returned tickets and so would probably have taken returns if sufficient advance notice was given. there was a lot of disappointed people who could not get to this unique match.

Lets say 200 fans have unused tickets. Surely the Well could afford to give them a refund?

£3 grand compared with the £15 grand they were willing to shelve out for the balloon? Please guys dinny come lookin to a HFL club at grass root football for a handout.

Please guys dinny come lookin to a HFL club at grass root football for a handout.

Don't think anyone here has the slightest problem with Locos refusing refunds!

The entire anger and frustration is about 'Well fans being told by MFC that they could refund their ticket up until a few days after the match!

There really is no end to the utter shambles that is Motherwell Football Club.

my viewpoint is somewhere in the middle ground here I think, expecting a refund after the event has taken place is a little bit ridiculous, wouldn't happen for any other event

BUT

if the club communicated to individuals that refunds would be made available to them then to put it simply thats what should happen, however the first point still stands for all those people that didn't contact the club and are just expecting a refund because they read it on an unoffical message board. As far as I'm aware no announcement was made other than to a couple of individuals over the phone?

the larger issue is of course that once again the club have cocked up wether it be one individual or a business decision thats been reversed at the last minute.

But from what I can see is from the start the club tried to accomodate fans due to the nature of the game, it was oversubscribed and they thought they could refund those that lost out and re-distribute the tickets at no loss, but the number of call offs at short notice put paid to this plan.

as it was only 500 tickets maybe the club should have just allowed the fans to get on with it and exchange tickets amongst themselves, would have meant less work for the club and no risk.

If the scheduled date of that event had been changed 4 times it would happen.....

Not all of us have jobs that allow us to take half days at very short notice to travel up, and on the last 2 scheduled dates the games weren't called off until I had started work for the day.

I disagree Polomint D

you had the option to return and receive a refund after the original date a bonus to you as the club was not required to do so

you then had the same option after the 2nd 3rd and 4th postponements

the game then got re-scheduled for the Monday which sadly quite a few couldn't make or choose not to travel to. an unfortunate situation but not really any of the clubs fault?

perhaps people choose to hold onto the tickets thinking it wouldn't go ahead but it did and now those people have lost out, remember despite the ludicrous wether situation technically speaking last nights game was actually scheduled last Wednesday so the dig about half days at short notice wasn't required.

AS it happens I was on my day off and got lucky but if it was called off and went all the way to Saturday I might have missed out due to work as not all of us have nice Mon-Fri jobs :lol: I'd probably have choose to hold onto my ticket in case it was abandoned and then fell when I could make the same as most people have done, I wouldn't have expected a refund however had it went ahead and I hadn't went UNLESS someone had told me I would get one

I disagree Polomint D

you had the option to return and receive a refund after the original date a bonus to you as the club was not required to do so

you then had the same option after the 2nd 3rd and 4th postponements

the game then got re-scheduled for the Monday which sadly quite a few couldn't make or choose not to travel to. an unfortunate situation but not really any of the clubs fault?

perhaps people choose to hold onto the tickets thinking it wouldn't go ahead but it did and now those people have lost out, remember despite the ludicrous wether situation technically speaking last nights game was actually scheduled last Wednesday so the dig about half days at short notice wasn't required.

AS it happens I was on my day off and got lucky but if it was called off and went all the way to Saturday I might have missed out due to work as not all of us have nice Mon-Fri jobs :lol: I'd probably have choose to hold onto my ticket in case it was abandoned and then fell when I could make the same as most people have done, I wouldn't have expected a refund however had it went ahead and I hadn't went UNLESS someone had told me I would get one

Well, there's the crux of the matter!! We were told we would get a refund and now that offer has been withdrawn...... :huh:

BUT

Brazilian - I agree that in normal circumstances, you buy your ticket you take your chances, but the club held a position yesterday whereby the refund was on offer for a couple of days after the game.

It was an unusual circumstance and offer but even with a day off yesterday, I made the choice to wait a day or two before returning a ticket as (i) the weather was bad enough in Falkirk (ii) I had already arranged for other things to happen, which taking into consideration the club's stance, I didn't need to cancel.

The change today is annoying to say the least

MON RA DOSSERS

I understand that the tickets are non-refundable per SFA.Sorry but that is the rules.
Where did you find that info Rory? See, I have been hunting to see if I can find a copy of the conditions of sale, but I can't find anything regarding it on the SFA website or our own official site.

this doesn't affect me as I didn't buy a ticket because I knew that there was no way I could make this game, but I do find the whole conversation very interesting.

I think the first thing that folks with a gripe about this need to do is contact the club and ask them to email or post a copy of their conditions of sale. in fact, perhaps 'Flow could oblige by posting a copy of them or letting folks know where they can be found on our own site.

It does seem odd that Motherwell FC seem happy to spend 12K or whatever to get your balloon up to Inverurie to ensure that the game went ahead but is then quibbling about giving you guys refunds after originally saying they would.

But frankly I still think there should be smallprint on the ticket saying that it is valid for whenever the game is played and that no refunds would be available. If we ever get this far in the cup again we will try to remember to add this onto the back of the ticket, but I'm not sure printers up here in this backwater can do double-sided yet.

Any chance of some of yer millions pal? If you've got enough money that you dinny miss £15 and the related salary for the various days off work we have had tae take then spread the wealth... cock!