• Chris Humphrey
    • Steve Jennings
    • Michael Higdon
    • Ross Forbes
    • Jamie Murphy
    • Stuart Carswell
    • Null Vote

our tactics didn't work at all.

Limited our oppenents to next to no chances, cretaed all the best chances, forced their keeper into 5 good saves and coming home with a clean sheet and a win..... Works for me.:blink:

we didn't 'let saints have the ball', we got the run around for most of the game. we were up against two of the worst centre backs in the league and our centre forward won nothing against them. how many times did we kick the ball at higdon followed by him jumping 4 inches and their defenders winning the ball with no one near them?

Given the run around :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

How they created FUCK ALL!!!!!!!!!! They had lots of the ball and done nothing we had the ball and created chances. How on earth did they give us the run around. That is one of the biggest pieces of shite I've ever had the misfortune to read on here.

When they put three past us in the Scottish cup the day Charlie Adam tore us a new one they gave us the run around. When they papped us out the CIS cup there 3-0 a few years ago they gave us the run around. Yesterday they did not, far from it.

we didn't use the players available to the best of their abilities. humphrey didn't have a clue what he was doing and barely got a kick, murphy was on the edge of the game for 90 mins and law disapeared for the first 35 of the 2nd half. apart from jenno no one in our midfield kenw who they were meant to be picking up for most of the game.

Humphrey was poor for most of this season not just today, Murphy wasn't at his best I agree at wide left but he had to do that job for the team. Which he did effictively as he stopped their full back from getting forward and causing us problems, he stuck to his task well and selflessly for the good of the team.

is it a lack of faith. if las was fit we would have played a 4-4-2. forbes is meant to be a centre mid but he can't play in a midfield 4 so we have to play one up top to fit him in. the fact that it only takes either jenno or las to miss a game to make us completely change tactics is very worrying.

Or maybe the fact we hadn't won an away game since I think we beat Aberdeen about Feburary is the reason for the change of tactics away from home? You couldn't have helped but notice away to Killie we were alot less open than we were against ICT at home. However you are clearly right, lets go away from home play 442 and get more pumpings like we did from Killie, ICT and Dundee United last season.... Second thoughts no thanks, I'll take being a wee bit more cautious if it means more results like today and less gubbings thank you very much.

Oh and just a thought, if he wanted to go 442 and didn't trust Forbes to be able to do that why not play Carswell or move Hateley in there. Or is that just a "lack of faith"?

st mirren are utter garbage, we shouldn't be happy just because we edged them in a close game.

And that's the crux of it, you think Saints are pish and we are what? So good we should stroll up and put 3 or 4 past them? We aren't a million miles away from them and we don't have the devine right to beat anyone. The numerous pumping's they have given us down their way over the last few years proves this. Get a grip.

it was a definite lack of faith.

Definite? So McCall told you that himself did he? You often confuse your own opinions with fact on here.

if forbes was up to it he would have been a straight swap for keith. he isn't so we ended up chasing shadows.

Why should Forbes be a straight swap for Keith? Are we only allowed to have one style of player in the team? Do you seriously expect us to have clones for every first team player? That's just deluded.

Why should Forbes be a straight swap for Keith? Are we only allowed to have one style of player in the team? Do you seriously expect us to have clones for every first team player? That's just deluded.

we're a team that plays 4-4-2. it appears that forbes can only play in a midfield 3. since mccall has been here he has played forbes in a centre mid pairing once at killie when he came on as a sub and got subbed back off.

i'm not enthused by having to play 4-5-1 every time las or jenno miss a game.

we're a team that plays 4-4-2. it appears that forbes can only play in a midfield 3. since mccall has been here he has played forbes in a centre mid pairing once at killie when he came on as a sub and got subbed back off.

i'm not enthused by having to play 4-5-1 every time las or jenno miss a game.

We have played 451 with both Jennings and Lasley in the team.

We have played 451 with both Jennings and Lasley in the team.

the only times under mccall have been the rangers semi, the celtic win, the final and the last home game before the final against killie which was prep for the final.

a bit different to facing st mirren.

The Lawman for me. Went forward with purpose and can hold the ball. Delayed a bit when through and made it easier for Samson to make the save. Forbes and Craigan also get amention. Hammell did well to ignore the undeserved criticism from the stands.

I can't believe how picky you are being Steelboy. If you had said to me at the start of the season in our first four games we'd have had four shouts and three wins I'd have taken it instantly. Fair enough yesterday wasn't the best performance ever, but sometimes you have to grind out resutls. We are Motherwell, we are not going to play total football for ninety minutes every week. In plenty of past seasons and under plenty of past managers we would not have won that game yesterday. That's the fickle nature you'd expect from a Sellick or Rangers fan, moaning like that whilst top of the league.

And another thing, whether Ross Forbes can play in a 4-4-2 is irrelevant to this thread. He played in a 4-5-1 yesterday and played very well.

For the record, I voted Crags.

Close call between Law and Forbes. Wet with Forbes as coming from a bench warmer to filling the boots of Lasley is no mean feat. This may be the season we see Forbes mature into a proper player.

Humf on the other hand....... clearly carrying an injury so should be dropped to recover. Have noticed this season he has his hamstrings taped , rest him get his hams stretched out and we will see him back to his best ( might even be able to cross a ball )

Between Hutch and Craggs for me, both had great games and both were putting themselves on the line getting in for last gasp blocks

almost impossible to split them, voted for Craggs because :dontknow:

Wet with Forbes as coming

Must resist ......

• Like 1

I can't believe how picky you are being Steelboy. If you had said to me at the start of the season in our first four games we'd have had four shouts and three wins I'd have taken it instantly. Fair enough yesterday wasn't the best performance ever, but sometimes you have to grind out resutls. We are Motherwell, we are not going to play total football for ninety minutes every week. In plenty of past seasons and under plenty of past managers we would not have won that game yesterday. That's the fickle nature you'd expect from a Sellick or Rangers fan, moaning like that whilst top of the league.

it was a good three points and i was delighted to boot the p&b st mirren mob in the baws with a late winner but hateley sticking in the free kick didn't change my thoughts on the previous 89 mins.

i don't think i'm being fickle, i'm just not getting carried away (at least on here). there were a lot of positives yesterday but also a few issues that might catch up with us over the season, i don't think it's wrong to talk about them.

Agreed, and it is a shame for Forbes that he will indeed be dropped, but the Las/Jennings partnership is a must. The fact that we reverted to a midfield 3 today, was that McCall's discreet way of confessing that Lasley does the running for two players and his ommission requires an additional body to cover the work he does? But, staying on point - it's a shame that Forbes will be dropped, as he has already put in one performance this season more than Humphrey, which unfortunately due to the squad dynamics and lack of options, means that Humphrey will start next week and Forbes drops out despite a far more impressive performance.

Did you forget about the 3 he set up last week which were missed by Murphy x2 and Jennoe, Humphrey will start next week for that reason. Get off his back man!

Did you forget about the 3 he set up last week which were missed by Murphy x2 and Jennoe, Humphrey will start next week for that reason. Get off his back man!

Are you claiming Humphrey had a good game on Saturday? Because that's what this thread is all about.