Scottish Cup On Saturday

ForthThistle

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The great news is we have three players to add to Monday's squad ie Shug, Cillian and Semih. Shug will probably start ahead of Las and I get the feeling that Cillian will get the nod ahead of Sutty, however Semih might have to start on the bench.

It means the likes of McGarry, Dazzler and Murph might miss out, but isn't having a positive selection problem what we want?

I didn't realise they were eligible either. I'm torn between keeping Sutton in or bringing in Sheridan. Sutton needs a few goals, and he would hopefully kick on from Monday night and get back to his best. On the other hand I'd like to see what Sheridan can do and hopefully he'll be eager to please.

Should go with the team that started at Easter Road again.

Only worry is that in the Scottish Cup we always fail to perfrom against the shite teams; inverness, Dundee and St Johnstone to name a few that in the past few seasons where we thought we were a certainty to get through we somehow manage not to turn up for these games.

Only worry is that in the Scottish Cup we always fail to perfrom against the shite teams; inverness, Dundee and St Johnstone to name a few that in the past few seasons where we thought we were a certainty to get through we somehow manage not to turn up for these games.

Think you will find that in the three games you mention there was a common theme running through the shite....it was called Motherwell.

In fact Dundee and St Johnstone were much better than us on the nights that we played them.

Inverness was just one of those days when we could have played all day and not scored IIRC.

St Midden have just signed Rep of Ire left back Ian Harte. MM needs to get message across that we don't give silly free-kicks away around the box as this guys does have a decent record of scoring fine goals!! Never know this may also entice along a few more buddies.

St Midden have just signed Rep of Ire left back Ian Harte. MM needs to get message across that we don't give silly free-kicks away around the box as this guys does have a decent record of scoring fine goals!!

Aye but get Clarky and O'Brien running at him, he's shite defensively.

Yeah, certainly one of the most inept refereeing displays I have seen was against Hearts at FP early last season. Disgraceful. Ironically was then handed our next match against Falkirk away.

He's a fud, and as far as I am concerned, right up there along with McDonald and Brines.

In his defence though, he did referee the Rangers-Celtic (McDonald screamer of a goal game) extremely well, and got all decisions spot on.

I want to see same team as started against Hibs. Maybe give the new lads a run if we struggling or coasting for that matter, Sheridan if Sutton doing nothing seems obvious. Semi I suppose will be needing to show well training this week I'd imagine given the manager not really saw him prior to taking him on reccomendation.

I fancy a wee 2-0 or 3-0 to the 'Well on Saturday.

On our current form, and with home advantage, we should be aiming to ease past a team like St Mirren.

I don't post on P&B (apart from the Tartan Army section) but I do read some of the shite that comes from the Buddies on there. Would be delighted if we could absolutely anihilate them to give me some hilarious reading at work on Monday.