Motherwell v Aberdeen Discussion Thread

postiejim

, jenno is clearly uninterested and our defence is clearly a joke.

We have lost 14 in the last 5 games. Its all fine saying that most of these goals have been down to individual errors (as opposed to teams ripping us apart) but in the end of the day our players are making these errors and as long as they do we will continue to lose goals at the rate we have been and it needs to be addressed.

How do you think Barcelona lose goals? Divine fuckin intervention? Every player on a football park makes mistakes, loses posession, doesn't quite time or make a tackle, guesses a wrong way to run, doesn't quite get the cross over etc etc etc.

We're just hyper critical of our guys - every blip is a fuckin crisis.

How do you know Jennings isnt interested? Could he be totally interested but off form, injured, tired. How can you say that?

How can you tell from a seat in the stand that a player on the park isn't interested.

You should get a job on the Sunday night big brother the need psychologists with bionic eyesight like you

Hows that for starters?

Jennings does look a touch overweight and a yard off the pace. Don't think you can say he's isn't interested, he looks out of form. I would drop him as Forbes deserves a game and hopefully a few games on the bench will help Jenno as he's clearly been struggling. There's no doubt he's a very good player for us but he's been a shadow of that player for most of this season and has been woeful in the last few games.

Well they dont lose goals by passing it into the opposition strikers path. Obviously players will make mistakes, obviously, eg a midfielder giving the ball away leads to losing possession but the other team still has to do something with that possession (ie beat the midfield, defence and goalie, before you pick on that). Recently we have been giving goals away directly from shocking mistakes.

Craigans poor control giving it straight to o'connor.

Hammell passing it straight to Sandaza.

Randolph fumbling it into a st.j players path.

Jennings passing to griffiths(?) 18 yds out - let off there but a close one.

To mention a few. Its these mistakes that are costly and need to be cut out. Everyone human etc etc, but the amount of these costly mistakes we are making is beyond a joke for a professional team.

OK so i dont know if jennings is interested or not but he certainly doesnt look it.

I'd go

Randolph

Hateley Clancy Craigan Hammell

Jennings Lasley

Humphrey Law Daley

Higdon

4-2-3-1

I'd give Murphy a breather in hope when he comes on he can gain some much needed confidence and form from terrorising a tiring Aberdeen defence.

I think Fallon will have a field day against Craigan and Clancy in the air though.

• Like 1

I'd go

Randolph

Hateley Clancy Craigan Hammell

Jennings Lasley

Humphrey Law Daley

Higdon

4-2-3-1

I'd give Murphy a breather in hope when he comes on he can gain some much needed confidence and form from terrorising a tiring Aberdeen defence.

I think Fallon will have a field day against Craigan and Clancy in the air though.

Spot on, thats the team I'd pick! Murphy looking tired/off form, Jenno also struggling but not convinced we have a viable alternative :(

Yes get Forbes in for Humphries and go 4-4-2 with Higdon and McHugh up front.If we cant win on saturday then im afraid we're crap and in for a poor season. St.Johnstone who completely blew us away last sat got well gubbed by St.Mirren just after and if we play as bad this sat and get beat by the worst Aberdeen team in the last 20 years then i fear for us. <_>

I hope we win on Saturday but I wouldn't put money on it, like I did against St Johnstone. :angry:

I'm of the same opinion as Bill Shankly, winning is a habit and if you want to win consistently you have to go into every game not just wanting to win, but believing you can win.

Until we start taking that attitude into every match we'll go nowhere.

Firstly we are 3rd in the spl, so lets show that wee judas why we are show much better than last year. If we go all guns blazing then we will not only destroy a very poor Aberdeen but could also cost Broon his job. So Get it right up you!

Feel free Stuart McCall to use this as your team talk.

I couldn`t care less about wheather Aberdeen fans will have a shite view of the game on Sat, but anyone think theres a chance they will be down the bottom tier?

Ano it may be a ploy to make it harder to cheer on there team, but even a hate it when the away support is so far away from it.

Our boys up the end of the East will drown them out anyway :thumbup:

According to mark benstead on twitter McCall is not planning on making any changes for the game tomorrow. McCall says they have watched the Hibs game a few times and that we played some excellent attacking football,BUT we need to improve defensively.

I must have missed that bit ......

We need to vary our tactics, at the moment: Randolph throws it to Hammell who moves forward, stops, the ball is then passed to the centre backs who then pass to Hateley who then passes it to Humphrey by which time the opposition has moved up onto him. If they got the ball to him quicker he might have some space to start his run.

Anything other than an emphatic win tomorrow, against they two auld bawbags, could push me into depression.

Don't care how its done or who's on the park, but it would even out a really disappointing week.

If we do start the same as last week, I hope he changes things after the first half if we're no humping them by then.