Why Higdon And Not Murphy?

Psycho1991

Discussing the same point over & over again in different threads?

Well a football forum reacts to events that happen in the football world. On Saturday our fans thought that it was ok to give abuse at a player and go in a cream puff and throw the toys out the pram. Do you not think it was inevitable that it was going to be discussed on here? You do have a point about this point being discussed in different threads but that is the nature of the beast. We have a matchday thread and 2 people decided to start a thread with very different angles but aye it does boil doon to the same argument at the end of the day.

God help you when we are in Europe next year because their will be a draw thread, a who would you like to get thread, a travel thread, a matchday thread, a when is the ticket office so I can buy my ticket thread?, a that's shite we are only getting 300 tickets the non season ticket holders better no get a ticket and a roll call thread...........Right do you get the picture? A ton of threads invariably discussing the same thing but with a slightly different angle. The titles aren't exactly cryptic clues, it is pretty clear what they are about. You cannae be arsed reading 2 0r 3 threads discussing the same thing don't open them.

Ive boo'd loads of Motherwell players from Derek Adams and Brian Kerr to kevin mcbride to Marc Fitzpatrick.

Just didn't feel they gave enough to wear a Motherwell top but I realise now that it's doesn't do the player, team or people around you any good hearing some wee dick shouting there odds.

Prefer to keep it encouraging or keep it to myself.

I agree with the sentiment about not abusing our players but Higdon was gash today, and has been for the last wee while. It's nothing to do with him getting the support, it's about him not having the confidence, and as a result he has lost the drive and determination to do what he was brought in to do seemingly.

Higdon has been a solid performer all season thus far. Not setting the Heather alight or pulling up trees or whatever saying floats yer boat perhaps but pulling his weight and if he was as gash as made out it pretty much an isolated performance thus far!

Murphy isn't playing well at the moment either, but I suspect that's as much to do with us having seemingly reverted to long ball tactics (which don't suit us at all) combined with the dip in form of his as well.

As a striker Higdon will be judged on the goals he provides/scores for the team, there's obviously more to it but that's his bread and butter. It's early days yet and his form has been hit and miss so far, but:

GOALS

Michael Higdon...4

Jamie Murphy.....3

Keith Lasley.....2

Tom Hateley......2

Steven Hammell...1

Chris Humphrey...1

Robert McHugh....1

Nicky Law........1

Steven Lawless...1

ASSISTS

Nicky Law........6

Michael Higdon...2

Jamie Murphy.....1

Keith Lasley.....1

Ross Forbes......1

If he keeps up that up then I'm not going to be complaining.

• Like 1

As a striker Higdon will be judged on the goals he provides/scores for the team, there's obviously more to it but that's his bread and butter. It's early days yet and his form has been hit and miss so far, but:

GOALS

Michael Higdon...4

Jamie Murphy.....3

Keith Lasley.....2

Tom Hateley......2

Steven Hammell...1

Chris Humphrey...1

Robert McHugh....1

Nicky Law........1

Steven Lawless...1

ASSISTS

Nicky Law........6

Michael Higdon...2

Jamie Murphy.....1

Keith Lasley.....1

Ross Forbes......1

If he keeps up that up then I'm not going to be complaining.

Highlights how clueless the c***s are.

Some of them - the most vocal on this forum - are the ones that wheel out (or twist) stats to defend any other point they try to make.

I witnessed plenty of 'standing up to' these fuds on saturday - something apparently that us moaning bastards should be doing if we're so concerned - so I don't know where that false accusation came from (you know the old don't hide behind anonimity argument)

I've seen a few folk posting to say that thay think he's crap had a wee moan but didny boo (fair enough I suppose)

But none of these weekend dynamos are prepared to come on and say - look i was one of them i booed the fuck out of Higdon from before kick off. Quite funny that eh?

They'll be back next home game tho - loaud and proud - The stricly come dancing x factor judging panel cum vein popping wife beaters and knuckle draggers

Fuck off and support the Accies - MFC can take the hit!

Thick c***s!

Some of them - the most vocal on this forum - are the ones that wheel out (or twist) stats to defend any other point they try to make.

Yeah, and I'm not claiming that the stats tell you everything either.

If Higdon was to keep up a scoring rate of better than 1 in 3 and do absolutely nothing else then I'd be happy.

What is annoying me just now is that he's bringing more to the team as well as goals, but still getting terrible abuse. Man of the Match against Hibs winning everything in the air, created numerous chances (which unfortunately weren't taken) against St Mirren, adding much needed aerial power to our defending set pieces.

Yes, he played poorly against St Johnstone and Aberdeen but even then I don't think he was the worst player on the park.

Some folk need to waken up.

Yeah, and I'm not claiming that the stats tell you everything either.

If Higdon was to keep up a scoring rate of better than 1 in 3 and do absolutely nothing else then I'd be happy.

What is annoying me just now is that he's bringing more to the team as well as goals, but still getting terrible abuse. Man of the Match against Hibs winning everything in the air, created numerous chances (which unfortunately weren't taken) against St Mirren, adding much needed aerial power to our defending set pieces.

Yes, he played poorly against St Johnstone and Aberdeen but even then I don't think he was the worst player on the park.

Some folk need to waken up.

precisely, ......I dont claim to be some sort of football genius, but I can see what Higdon is bringing to the team (sometimes even when he is playing poorly), flick-ons, holding the ball up, bringing others into play. The trouble seems to be that others are struggling to see what he offers, and when he has a howler (like against Aberdeen) they are quick to get on his back.

He isnt ever going to be the type of player who beats 4 men on his way to firing one into the top corner, he is a link-up type of player who I personally see as a 'second' striker, hence the reason that I'd like to see Murphy (or Boab) playing right on his shoulder and getting the benefit of his flicks and knock-downs not standing 20/30yards away from him.

Personally the big guy would be one of the first names on my team-sheet but it seems I'm not the only one who's glad he's at the club. Apparently there's a new Michael Higdon fan club being started up by the women and children all over Lanarkshire who get a couple of hours break from being battered on a Saturday afternoon.

One wee boy turned up for school on Monday with his face all over the place and the teacher just knew straight away that Higdon hadn't jumped for a high ball.

Obviously he did nothing with his three opportunities then.

How many times was he back helping out the defence at set pieces ??

I ain't saying Higdon was good on Saturday or comparing him to Murphy since they are completely different types of player but I am saying that too many people on here are willing to give Murphy the benefit of the doubt whilst blaming Higdon for everything that goes wrong.

I still think that Murphy would benefit just now for a rest. It's beginning to look like Davie Clarkson all over again.

Good season / too much expectation / loss of form.

Mon the Dossers