Motherwell Vs Kilmarnock Discussion Thread

David

The juggernaut continues as we try to close the gap on Rangers at the top of the league. Surely if Celtic fans believe a 10 point gap can be closed, a 7 pointer should be nothing to the mighty 'Well?

This game is on Sky Sports, which will no doubt have an adverse affect on our attendance :wallbash:

Still, less any injuries I'd go with the exact same team again. McCall knows what he's doing, and despite Killie getting a result against Celtic last weekend I fancy us to win this game by the odd goal.

The juggernaut continues as we try to close the gap on Rangers at the top of the league. Surely if Celtic fans believe a 10 point gap can be closed, a 7 pointer should be nothing to the mighty 'Well?

This game is on Sky Sports, which will no doubt have an adverse affect on our attendance :wallbash:

Still, less any injuries I'd go with the exact same team again. McCall knows what he's doing, and despite Killie getting a result against Celtic last weekend I fancy us to win this game by the odd goal.

Looking forward too it, apart from the facts it's at 7:30am over here -_- should be a good game and hopefully bot a 0-0 draw since I'm watching it. Hoping for a 2-1 with higdon an murph hitting the net for the well :D

Its a pity the game's live, as both teams are playing some good stuff, and it should be an entertaining encounter with both teams playing it on the deck. I can totally understand any Killie fans staying away considering the kick off time and costs involved.

Regarding the on-field action i anticipate this being close, as both teams have shown plenty of passing ability and skill throughout the season so far. We lost out on the head to head with Killie last season, so we kinda owe them!

Same team and hopefully the same outcome! I'll say 1-0 Well again with Higgy getting the goal he deserved at Easter Road.

Killie took a great away support to St Mirren recently shame the same won't be at Fir Park. Joy of TV I guess.

As for the game. Think stylistically both teams are set up for a good even game. Hopefully a 2-0 Well win with goals from Higgy and Murphy.

Just under 1300. We always take a big crowd there, took 2600 last year.

For some reason we take nothing like that to FP.

Missed the last three well v killie games due to other commitments and one being on the telly. Its strange how killie are getting plaudits for doing so well yet find themselves behind Aberdeen who are being portrayed as murder. I've seen nothing of killie apart from highlights but from them they look decent middle to front and defensively inconsistent. Since the cup game we have defended incredibly well so we need to keep that up and we should have a good chance. Though if killie score first we need the fans to be patient and not turn on them. Whilst that didn't cause the st johnstone debacle it didn't help.

I'm going for 1-1 on Saturday. Higdon & Heffernan the scorers. We haven't had the best of records against Killie recently.

We'll need to keep an eye on Dean Shiels, seems to have been playing very well recently.

If you'd said we'd get 7 points from Tannadice, Easter Road and Killie at home, I'm sure every one of us would have been delighted.

I was quite impressed with Killie when we played them, second game of the season, particularly he of the flowing golden locks on the wing and reckoned they might well be in direct competition with us throughout much of the season.

I actually felt that as they continued to add depth to that squad apace throughout August they might even have something of an edge on us over the course of the season. I certainly didn't see us having double the points they did after the first round of games.

I still see them as a threat for one of the top half places so its one of those games that can do much for us if we want to keep things rolling on nicely, whilst damaging their chances at the same time. Early days but I'm sure that's not lost on the management either.

I'm really hoping for a stand-out (in a good way obviously!!!!!) performance from Clancy against his old team too. He might be well be due a wee wry smile of late when he looks at Killie the number and style of goals conceded recently when he's been bumped for seemingly not been good enough to hold a place down in it.

Definitely a very hard one but one I hope we come out the other side of with another three points.

Never seem to be good games. Pretty surprised they keep getting selected for live TV. Killie have been on poor form but Saturday has to be seen as a positive even though they gave away a 3 goal lead. They are a good side and won't be easy to break down imo. 1-1 with Law scoring for us.

I still see them as a threat for one of the top half places so its one of those games that can do much for us if we want to keep things rolling on nicely, whilst damaging their chances at the same time.

Totally agree. I'm still looking at how many points we are away from other top 6 contenders as opposed to hoow close we are to Rangers or Celtic. This is a far bigger game in our season than the next visit of either of the Old Firm.