Friday Football

rightdodgyman

Ok been bevied since this was announced so i may have missed something. Why are people saying well done to the club for this initiative or f@#! the club for this initiative? I was under the impression that the SPL decide who plays where & when & the club has no choice but to along with it. Hence the Aberdeen Dunfermline game the Dunfermline directors where moaning like hell coz their fans had to travel to Aberdeen on a Friday night. That doesn't sound to me like a club who had agreed to that fixture change.

Aye yer still bevied Ian It's Doncaster @ the SFA who wants to bring in Friday night football not MFC.

It will be like the A-League with games on Friday night, Saturday and Sunday.

Aye yer still bevied Ian It's Doncaster @ the SFA who wants to bring in Friday night football not MFC.

Well that's what i was saying that people who are saying the club done well or the club messed up are off the mark as it has nothing to do with the club that we have to play on a Friday.

And im back at work so no bevied anymore :(

It's you that's bevied. Neil Doncaster is chief executive of the SPL. Stewart Regan is at the SFA.

Reading the article the SPL looked for volunteers to trial the Friday night and MFC agreed.

It worked for Tranmere

not a very good argument

the reason it worked for them is that people left the Wirral to go to Anfield or Goodison on a Saturday

ok, people leave Motherwell to go to Parkhead or Ibrox - but those people wont come and support Motherwell. If Accies moved to a Friday night - would you go and support them?

ok, people leave Motherwell to go to Parkhead or Ibrox - but those people wont come and support Motherwell. If Accies moved to a Friday night - would you go and support them?

Back in the day (as we old farts like to day), Accies home games were scheduled for the days that Motherwell were playing away. We didn't need any fancy computers then - the guys that did it were smart enough to work it out on paper; even when we were in 2 different divisions.

It probably didn't swell the gates by a huge amount, but I know a fair number of Accies fans that would join us from time to time at the 'Well games, and a number of Hamilton based 'Well fans who would wander down to Douglas Park when there was nothing better to do on a Saturday. In fact, I even knew of 2 people who had season tickets to both grounds.

As well as the scheduling computer not being that smart, I expect cost would now be the prohibiting factor for this to be repeated.

• Like 1