Trouble At The Aberdeen Game

Brazilian

I have been to numerous games down south where they stad up, gather together, stand in the aisles... The stewards/police and clubs allow this. In some stands it is done in front of the police control boxes and yet it is not frowned upon, more or less encouraged!!

High ticket prices and heavy policing will kill the game.

And..... they let them buy alcohol at the grounds!!

I have been to numerous games down south where they stad up, gather together, stand in the aisles... The stewards/police and clubs allow this. In some stands it is done in front of the police control boxes and yet it is not frowned upon, more or less encouraged!!

High ticket prices and heavy policing will kill the game.

And..... they let them buy alcohol at the grounds!!

and they don't want the old firm either!

Aberdeen fans have complained to their Head of Security as some guy within the upper halls of Aberdeen Football Club have already made it known Stewards should not eject or force fans to sit if they are not willing to do it no matter the numbers unless it is obstructing the view of others.

So they're directing their stewards to go against the rules? I'm not sure how happy the SPL will be about that.

The Taylor report was written for a reason. They don't make you sit down for a laugh, or to piss you off.

I think some people forget/aren't old enough to appreciate why the rule is in place.

Boycott the next game at Pittodrie and make it clear to AFC & MFC in advance why you are taking this course of action.

150 x £20 (average of 17 - 24) = £3000 + pies, bovril and progs. That's perhas 2 players' wages, I don't know for sure. However, I do know that the AFC Accountants won't be happy, in this day and age any SPL Club who sarifices £3k is mad.

So they're directing their stewards to go against the rules? I'm not sure how happy the SPL will be about that.

The Taylor report was written for a reason. They don't make you sit down for a laugh, or to piss you off.

I think some people forget/aren't old enough to appreciate why the rule is in place.

Negative post No 45. Why not go for a record 50

The Taylor Report is not law up here - in fact it is a recommendation report. Scottish Sport Stadia were not even looked at with regards to it.

Also the travesty that brought the whole thing was not caused by standing - humans are rather good at it - but poor crowd control methods.

• Like 2

Im well old enough to remember standing and it WAS great and if you wanted a seat you went to the STAND .Seated stadiums were a total over reaction definatley lost atmosphere and a lot of good patter because of it..I dont miss the ashy terraces or the pish ridden bogs .But the best bit was you could move away slowly if you were next to someone talkin shit :whistling:

Im well old enough to remember standing and it WAS great and if you wanted a seat you went to the STAND .Seated stadiums were a total over reaction definatley lost atmosphere and a lot of good patter because of it..I dont miss the ashy terraces or the pish ridden bogs .But the best bit was you could move away slowly if you were next to someone talkin shit :whistling:

I" ll tell you what , i dont miss the wall (toilet) at the taggerts end.

I haven't forgotten hillsborough, but there were a variety of reasons behind that. It could not happen in a safe standing area if one was created, or in a stand with people standing in front of their seats, for so many reasons!

In the context of Scottish football, it was probably not needed to follow the recommendations, although it did bring the level of facilities out the stone ages in a lot of cases.

• Like 2

Every time this comes up I ask what rule and never get an answer!!

As far as I can make out clubs are only required to provide all seated stadium not that people need to sit in the seats.

Although SPL rule H7.5 states "The Home Club in any Official Match must ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, (i) good order and security;", heavy handed stewarding would actually break this rule, so telling your stewards not to wade in is actually following the rules!!

Every time this comes up I ask what rule and never get an answer!!

As far as I can make out clubs are only required to provide all seated stadium not that people need to sit in the seats.

Although SPL rule H7.5 states "The Home Club in any Official Match must ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, (i) good order and security;", heavy handed stewarding would actually break this rule, so telling your stewards not to wade in is actually following the rules!!

Aberdeens rules:

http://www.afc.co.uk...84~60246,00.pdf

From Mr Doncaster himself:

"It would need a change in SPL rules, ditto in SFA rules, because both sets of rules prohibit standing in the top division."

Can quote rules and regulations all day long, they need changed and only by resisting them can that be effected.

If some degree of consultation had gone on before the Hillsborough findings were finished they might have avoided such a draconian knee jerk reaction, the fact is that didn't happen and fans since have ben forced to accept something which goes against their natural instincts.

• Like 2

Aberdeens rules:

http://www.afc.co.uk...84~60246,00.pdf

From Mr Doncaster himself:

"It would need a change in SPL rules, ditto in SFA rules, because both sets of rules prohibit standing in the top division."

So it's clearly in the AFC rules but Mr Doncaster never instilled any confidence in his ability to know what he's talking about, so forgive me for not taking him at his word that it is in the rules.

So far this discussion has been:

It's illegal to stand - well OK it's not illegal but it's against the Taylor Report - OK the Taylor report is not in place in Scotland - Well it's still against the rules (maybe!!)

So it's clearly in the AFC rules but Mr Doncaster never instilled any confidence in his ability to know what he's talking about, so forgive me for not taking him at his word that it is in the rules.

So far this discussion has been:

It's illegal to stand - well OK it's not illegal but it's against the Taylor Report - OK the Taylor report is not in place in Scotland - Well it's still against the rules (maybe!!)

So I've given you the evidence, from both Aberdeen and the head of the SPL, and yet you still don't believe it. How about you show me somewhere that says standing in a seated area is permitted.

And I think I'll take Mr. Doncaster's word over yours, if you don't mind.

So I've given you the evidence, from both Aberdeen and the head of the SPL, and yet you still don't believe it. How about you show me somewhere that says standing in a seated area is permitted.

And I think I'll take Mr. Doncaster's word over yours, if you don't mind.

That's a stupid argument, I doubt there's a rule that says you are allowed to attend football matches but that doesn't mean you can't. I guess you couldn't find the rule!!

Mr Doncaster says Scottish Football will die unless we go to a 10 team SPL, so I take it you believe that too!!!

Or more likely you only believe what he says if you agree with him!!