The State Of The Pitch.

SuperSteelman

Is the main problem not the fact that they are using the Bubble to defrost the pitch because we dont have any undersoil heating !!!! :blink:

i may have missed someting but are the training pitches not suppost to be all year surfaces. If they are that badly frozen can we not use the Bubble there !!! :blink:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember wee Andy Russell when he was the groundsman , forseeing problems with his halowed pitch when the drawings for the new main stand was shown." No enough drying wind " , the wee man must have been spot on .

On the other hand I might have been pashed an imagined it.

Who remembers the Texaco Cup Motherwell posters you could get from their petrol stations, if you still have yours your a lucky bugger!!

Who remembers the Texaco Cup Motherwell posters you could get from their petrol stations, if you still have yours your a lucky bugger!!
Didn't have any of the posters, but had about 10 of the stickers with "Well to win the Texaco Cup" on them. Unfortunately, I didn't keep any.

I remember wee Andy Russell when he was the groundsman , forseeing problems with his halowed pitch when the drawings for the new main stand was shown." No enough drying wind " , the wee man must have been spot on .

On the other hand I might have been pashed an imagined it.

your perfectly correct mate he also said there wouldn't be enough sunlight due to the south stand!

I think the trust should buy one of them artificial sunlight - lighting rigs thay have at the emirates and anfield.

Sure it would cost 6 figures and we'd have The Greens chaining themselves to the railings.

Just a thought!

btw - how cheap could you rig one of them up as a homer?

I think the trust should buy one of them artificial sunlight - lighting rigs thay have at the emirates and anfield.

Sure it would cost 6 figures and we'd have The Greens chaining themselves to the railings.

Just a thought!

Magnets on the lecky meter for the win...otherwise you could cut diamonds with the fcuker!!! :whistling:

Just a thought!

they are £180 a pop mate i think, the emirates ones are the doggys!

Today's super soaraway Sun is reporting the SPL will be meeting about the pitch etc on Thursday...

Blundersoil heating

So many errors in that 'story' it's indicitive of how bad the Sun really is.

However as much as many of the details are inaccurate the story still rings true :P