Obrien And Sheridan

Rustic

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're not going to let people have opinions then whats the point?

Thats funny Fraz. :lol:

I was replying tongue in cheek / ironically to someone who posted 'utter garbage' about my point of view in an earlier post.

Read the whole thread young man, instead of butting in half way through.

The point is a really good one.

I personally believe that it's the underlying anti-catholic viepoint that pervade an element of our support. Has been there for years and turns my stomach.

We can go into denial all we want, this element is part of our support (and steelmenonline membership).

I think it's more to do with the fact that there is a small minority of Football fans of any team that are idiots. I don't sense an anti- catholic view at Well and if I did I would not be going to FP. If there is a minority it will be exactly so, in the same way that there will be a minority of racist, sexist, narrow minded fans also.

We have had a line of ex Celtic players at FP who have made a tremendous contribution and who are thought of warmly by the fans. Willie Faulkner for example who is still very much part of our club. Tommy Coyne is my personal favourite ever Well player.

I sense there is a bit of shit stirring going on here for the sake of it.

Thats funny Fraz. :lol:

I was replying tongue in cheek / ironically to someone who posted 'utter garbage' about my point of view in an earlier post.

Read the whole thread young man, instead of butting in half way through.

Bastard, my techniques have been unraveled.

Thought it was strange since I agree with most points you make haha

Basically, Motherwell and football in general attracts a broad range of people and members of society.In society today we have a minority of bigots, the minority scream and shout bile, so are heard.The majority and i mean vast majority i.e 96% at FP would disagree with such comments but obviously some aren't up for starting to tell one of these orange morons off.The same goes for the casual racism towards blacks, or the nationalist views that triggers Mccarthy(Mcarthur ? lol) getting pelters week in week out.

Though i don't think you can bring Malcolm into the argument as i wasn't aware that either O'brien or Sheridan were bigots, hence why Boab gets stick but i will support him aslong as he wears those Motherwell colours.

Because hes a bigot, a drink driver, braindead and gets paid a fortune. Also a shite footballer into the bargain. Why did you think it was?

Is it not you who is the bigot?

Basically, Motherwell and football in general attracts a broad range of people and members of society.In society today we have a minority of bigots, the minority scream and shout bile, so are heard.The majority and i mean vast majority i.e 96% at FP would disagree with such comments but obviously some aren't up for starting to tell one of these orange morons off.The same goes for the casual racism towards blacks, or the nationalist views that triggers Mccarthy(Mcarthur ? lol) getting pelters week in week out.

Though i don't think you can bring Malcolm into the argument as i wasn't aware that either O'brien or Sheridan were bigots, hence why Boab gets stick but i will support him aslong as he wears those Motherwell colours.

Another ill informed comment from yourself on something you know nothing about and to which you have previous. Orange morons? Have they been tango'd?

Previous ? I don't find that ill informed at all, serious question...are you NS loyal flute band ?

Previous? Generalisations on those who frequent Fir Park. May have been on the previous board, had other posters back up then too. You made a claim of shutting up orange morons outwith the 96% majority you claim agree with your politically correct way of thinking, why? I'd find that ill informed - as you make the case of not suiting your agenda, either a) they form part of a loyal order or b) tango'd by the tango man?

As for asking if I am NS loyal flute band... Why? You interested in a booking? Deary me, act your age and not your shoe size. I have no affilliation with the band named or any of the loyal orders for that matter, funnily enough they have as much right to follow our club and voice opinions as you or any of the bleeding heart liberals who think along similar lines on this board.

I have a problem with o'brien because i am a firm country before club man. he choose ireland over scotland and i think he is a reflection of the secretarian problem in the west of scotland. He may well have just reason for choosing ireland and i would like to hear those reasons along with mcgeady and mcCarthy. But from what has been reported the lame excuses they come out with (Scotland never picked me) reflect almost every celtic fan i know, more interested in Ireland than Scotland. When he plays for motherwell i will support him and want him to do well for the team. If he moved away would i boo him... yes!

I dont have a problem at all with sheridan because he's an irishman playing for ireland, but when a scotsman plays for ireland or Northern Ireland for that matter, i lose all respect for them!

If that makes me a bigot for taking a pride in my country then fine!

I have a problem with o'brien because i am a firm country before club man. he choose ireland over scotland and i think he is a reflection of the secretarian problem in the west of scotland. He may well have just reason for choosing ireland and i would like to hear those reasons along with mcgeady and mcCarthy. But from what has been reported the lame excuses they come out with (Scotland never picked me) reflect almost every celtic fan i know, more interested in Ireland than Scotland. When he plays for motherwell i will support him and want him to do well for the team. If he moved away would i boo him... yes!

I dont have a problem at all with sheridan because he's an irishman playing for ireland, but when a scotsman plays for ireland or Northern Ireland for that matter, i lose all respect for them!

If that makes me a bigot for taking a pride in my country then fine!

and a bit thick

and a bit thick

Plan on explaining that? Am i thick because all the people i know that support celtic have more of an interest in Ireland, a lot of rangers fans i know support england and i dont like that. Am i thick because it is my opinion that the stories of Scotland not picking them cover up the fact that they actually favour Ireland over Scotland.

btw, dont think i am that thick if i am doing a law degree at Glasgow uni. If you disagree with me fine, but i am probably more intelligent than you Steve Diggle.

Plan on explaining that? Am i thick because all the people i know that support celtic have more of an interest in Ireland, a lot of rangers fans i know support england and i dont like that. Am i thick because it is my opinion that the stories of Scotland not picking them cover up the fact that they actually favour Ireland over Scotland.

btw, dont think i am that thick if i am doing a law degree at Glasgow uni. If you disagree with me fine, but i am probably more intelligent than you Steve Diggle.

:lol::lol::P

I've got more intelligence in left nipple mate.

Good for you tho, good for you! Stick in at yer school thingwy and that!

When you graduate - you'll just be like . . . . Donald Findlay! In so many ways!

:lol::lol::P

I've got more intelligence in left nipple mate.

Good for you tho, good for you! Stick in at yer school thingwy and that!

When you graduate - you'll just be like . . . . Donald Findlay! In so many ways!

Seem to be on this site quite a lot steve... got a job? I'll prob be as rich as donald findlay when i graduate after all i am top of my class at most subjects that you prob wouldnt understand... thing is instead of hating catholics because i am a bigot, i will hate the narrow minded opinions of the west of Scotland!!! Unlike you, i am angered whenever a celtic fan supports Ireland over Scotland, likewise a Rangers fan supporting England over Scotland. I have the same feelings towards Brian McLean as i do o'brien. IMO it is pretty unintelligent to just support someone because they wear a Motherwell jersey

Have a nice day Steve, good luck with the job hunt!

Seem to be on this site quite a lot steve... got a job? I'll prob be as rich as donald findlay when i graduate after all i am top of my class at most subjects that you prob wouldnt understand... thing is instead of hating catholics because i am a bigot, i will hate the narrow minded opinions of the west of Scotland!!! Unlike you, i am angered whenever a celtic fan supports Ireland over Scotland, likewise a Rangers fan supporting England over Scotland. I have the same feelings towards Brian McLean as i do o'brien. IMO it is pretty unintelligent to just support someone because they wear a Motherwell jersey

I love you Lenny, you make me laugh :lol:

Well done on being top of the uni class, and well done for thinking that's important in life.

Its good that your impartiality and non judgmental attributes are kicking in early in your legal career.

Thanks for the best wishes on the job hunt. after 25 years of trying you would have thought something would have cropped up by now. I should have stuck in at school like you.

If you need a hand to get the big dirty fish hook out of your gob, give me a shout mate. :lol:

Back to sleep. I take it that you look forward to years of paltry pay doing all the paper work at some 'big' law firm then?

Your grammar is pretty horrid, Just like your opinions.