Why?

delboy

Just tell you're collegue at work that we support Motherwell cos we're a SCOTTISH team and our fans dont sing songs about terrorists and dont turn our backs and hold banners critisising the poppy collection for our brave troops once a year. We support Motherwell cos we aren't blinded by stupid tendencies for a foreign country cos we drink guinness. :mellow:

Or.....

You could just tell your workmate that you support Motherwell because they're your local team? Saying all of the above to him will only make you look as much of a tit as he undoubtedly is.

The other day a colleague at my work and I were talking about football and why we support the teams that we do. She said that she loved the fact that Celtic was started by a priest as a charity to help poor catholic children and had a strong sense of it's Irish history and then she asked me why Motherwell FC had been started?

What the fuck does she know ? Father Wilfred actually formulated the idea on the back of similar inovations in Edinurgh and Dundee. However, it was not religiously or racially restrictive. Due to prevailing winds, the west ends of Britains expanding industrial cities housed the upper and middle classes while the polluted and often cramped east ends housed the working and unemployed classes. All the 'poor' sods from the east end slums, and there were plenty, were initially intended to benefit from this venture.

Quite how Glasgow Celtic evolved into the shamefull sectarian and terrorism supporting monster thaat it is today is a conundrum that I'm sure would not find favour with Father Wilfred.

As for your female colleague ? .............. anyone who supports a football club as an extension to their religion is a brain-washed peasant in my book.