V Accies

Moe_Green

I dont know about the other guy, but i have no feelings of hatred or jealousy towards James McCarthy i'm just disappointed that yet another young talented footballer has chosen Ireland over his home country. I honestly dont see how it can be justified in any way at all.

PS the same goes for Brian McClean and Jim Obrien, the only difference being they wear the claret and amber.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purely speculation, If he was born in Italy he would still have Scottish parents. Also, He could have been brought up there in a culture where his style of play works and isn't chopped down every two seconds.

I think you know what I was getting at. Were he the same player he is, but for having 100% Italian heritage. He'd need to settle for not playing international football. And he's a more gifted footballer than McCarthy. Or Ged Brannan. Or Nacho Novo. Or Matt Elliot. Or any number of jokers who have played for (or tried to in Novo's case) countries not their own simply because they weren't good enough for their own country...

The abuse worked a treat at New Douglas Park btw - when he scored two and rubbed our pathetic noses in it.

Part of the game like i said whether we like it or not. The fans lost it that time and we will again.

Same as we have reduced more than mc carthy to a shambles infront of the east stand.

I'm not saying im proud of some shouts or even agree with them but i can assure you there will be people who don't agree with or want to hear some of the things iv said and the same will go for the majority of fans.

People go on about this narrow minded nonsense, have you ever stopped to think that McCarthy represents everything that is bad about scottish football. Celtic fans thinking their irish, rangers fans thinking their english!!! It's not being narrow minded, because i think my hatred is based upon intelligent and well thought principals!!!

Actually no a bad point but im not sure that everyone does it for the same reason.

I think you know what I was getting at. Were he the same player he is, but for having 100% Italian heritage. He'd need to settle for not playing international football. And he's a more gifted footballer than McCarthy. Or Ged Brannan. Or Nacho Novo. Or Matt Elliot. Or any number of jokers who have played for (or tried to in Novo's case) countries not their own simply because they weren't good enough for their own country...

I understand what you're getting at.

Its our own country's fault that he isn't playing for us, unlike the McGeady case.

If I was a pro footballer and was offered a chance to play at international level and my birth country hadn't shown any interest then I would be off.

He's shite anyway. McArthur is twice the player he is. Couldn't care less that he turned scotland down.

Think we could live to regret that. The two boys are magic footballers, lets just hope we got the kick up the arse we deserved on saturday and have a blinder.

on 90 mins we're 3-0 up, Mcghee should shout to kimpl to tackle as high as possible on the wee arse!! ruin his career and he can go back to ireland to recover!!!

People go on about this narrow minded nonsense, have you ever stopped to think that McCarthy represents everything that is bad about scottish football. Celtic fans thinking their irish, rangers fans thinking their english!!! It's not being narrow minded, because i think my hatred is based upon intelligent and well thought principals!!!

Maros end his career!

Sorry mate, but that's fukin out of order, no matter how much you hate him or accies, thats no right. Fuck off.

I wish everyone would just drop it now to be perfectly honest, it's just become very boring The guy is obviously full of arrogance if he expects to be capped at 16 and must have a big hit for himself but fucksake the singing has been done to death.Find it disgusting, though equally retarded some of the morons we attract who shout such things as "pape bastard" "f****n c**t" at him, assuming he is a catholic just because the guy has delusions about his place of birth...We will get on without him anyway i'm sure he wouldn't of made the difference between a euro and a world cup qualification as he's simply not that good

on 90 mins we're 3-0 up, Mcghee should shout to kimpl to tackle as high as possible on the wee arse!! ruin his career and he can go back to ireland to recover!!!

Maros end his career!

Can we assume that if a player from Accies did the same to Jim O'Brien and Brian McLean that would be ok by you, I'm using your logic here.

it's going to happen and even if it didn't certain people in scottish football would simply find another excuse to drag our name through the mud. most teams have players that opposing fans generally dislike. for me, scottish football supporters have as much reason to dislike james mccarthy as the rest of these targets and i have no doubt they will continue to make that known.

it's going to happen and even if it didn't certain people in scottish football would simply find another excuse to drag our name through the mud. most teams have players that opposing fans generally dislike. for me, scottish football supporters have as much reason to dislike james mccarthy as the rest of these targets and i have no doubt they will continue to make that known.

I think we do a good job of dragging ourselves through the mud. If we give these guys in the media the opportunity they'll use it.

The Dundee Utd fans were at it on Saturday, but as far as I can gather not a lot was made of it.

We know that if it happens at Fir Park something will be made of it, as certain sections of the media love to take the opportunity.

We have the opportunity not to lower ourselves, however as we can see, the temptation is too great.

I don't see how booing him is any different from booing any other player.

If you wish to see it as bigotry then so be it, but for the vast majority, 99.999% of 'Well fans who do boo him on Saturday, it'll be the same as them booing any opposing player, especially the fact it is a 'derby' match.

Some people just want to be offended.

I don't see how booing him is any different from booing any other player.

If you wish to see it as bigotry then so be it, but for the vast majority, 99.999% of 'Well fans who do boo him on Saturday, it'll be the same as them booing any opposing player, especially the fact it is a 'derby' match.

Some people just want to be offended.

:huh:

FFS! Nobody's talking about booing him! Where have you been since the start of the season?

Booing him would be a vast improvement and something that I think everyone could live with.

If you dont understand the topic probably best not to post!

Please don't start the 'easily offended', 'over sensitive', 'political correctness gone mad' pish again either.

The original poster made a great point and it's the reputation of all of the MFC support that gets dragged through the gutter (by gleeful gutter journalists) when a certain type of abuse is directed at James McCarthy.

If I understand it correctly a number of Motherwell fans are asking for the vocal section NOT to target James McCarthy in the same way that they have in the previous 3 games this season. Nothing to do with booing!

Booing/abusing/jeering the same thing, I have not heard one song from the 'Well fans that could be construed as bigotted to McCarthy.

At none of the home games this year against the Accies have I heard any abusing of McCarthy because of his election to play for Ireland, it's a myth being drummed up by the media to be more than it is.

Reporters like Keevins hear what they want to hear, remember us singing the famine song to him, but oh wait, no, that was about Klimpl, but don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Booing/abusing/jeering the same thing, I have not heard one song from the 'Well fans that could be construed as bigotted to McCarthy.

At none of the home games this year against the Accies have I heard any abusing of McCarthy because of his election to play for Ireland, it's a myth being drummed up by the media to be more than it is.

Reporters like Keevins hear what they want to hear, remember us singing the famine song to him, but oh wait, no, that was about Klimpl, but don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

I've got to say that that is the poorest post I've ever read on SteelmenOnline.

You quite obviously have never been to an Accies match this season at Fir Park.

So we've all been wrong all along - THe various renditions of "you're in the wrong fucking country" are directed at Maros Klimpl?

This has been debated before on here a few times and at least previously the guys who chanted that stuff had the balls to come on and defend those chants.

You're either a non-attender, completely deaf or suffering from the worst case of denial since Bill Clinton.

Honestly mate trot on and leave the discussion to folk from both sides of the argument who at least recognise what we're talking about

Been at all games at Fir Park this season, wasn't at the game at NDP, but McCarthy gets no more abuse than any other player.

I believe he played very little in the matches at Fir Park, coming off the bench?

The only player I've heard 'Well fans abuse about their nationality with any sort of level of volume is Aidan McGeady.

I'm in two minds about the whole thing. Petty nationalism annoys me, end of the day there fuck all intrinsically better about being Scottish or any other nationality. No one gets to pick and choose where they born it is just your dumb luck.

That said we do have a certain degree of national identity and common history and in the arena of sport we have history of competing under the scottish flag. A history of often heroic failure but a history that does somewhat bind us. Watching scotland from fitba daft wee boys(or girls), growing up and identifying with only the one team.

So I have some sympathy for people like McGeady, McLean, O'Brien, McCarthy that have a split heritage, I fully expect them to have feeling for the other country of their families family tree BUT to best of my knowledge all of them have been born and bred in Scotland. McGeady both parents also born and bred in Scotland. The connection to Scotland is the one that if any of it means anything is the one that should be stronger and big deal at getting a knock back at 15 or 16. So fucking what, what percentage of Scotland u16 players end up making it, it probably better to be over looked at that age.

As as pointed out everyone of these guys seem to signify plenty that is wrong in our country, running off to the country that the fans of the bigoted twosome tend to identify with. No fucking wonder they get dogs abuse, the career endin injury comment is taking it to far but they stuck two fingers up to Scotland and fucked off to another country before any of their careers as pro footballers had even got going. It not at all comparable to likes of Coyne and Coyle, who would have probably loved to have played for Scotland and were heading to wards the twilight of their careers before taking an opportunity to play for a country that they also had some eligibility for.