Home Form

gdalli10

After months of never looking like scoring never mind winning at home what changed? 4 games 15 goals scored 3 conceded surely it can't just be the introduction of Ojamaa? He has added a new dimension to our attack chasing lost causes and his presence has created more space for the likes of murphy and law but the change has been incredible.

Higdon now plays with someone with 50ft of him.

This.

Plus the huge and unexpected impact Ojaama has had.

And the fact that we have Nicky Law and Jamie Murphy in more comfortable positions.

Then there is the fact that once you've scored a few the pressure suddenly lifts and the team gets much more confidence in itself.

But the main reason is switching from a 4-2-3-1 to what is basically a 4-4-2.

This.

Plus the huge and unexpected impact Ojaama has had.

And the fact that we have Nicky Law and Jamie Murphy in more comfortable positions.

Then there is the fact that once you've scored a few the pressure suddenly lifts and the team gets much more confidence in itself.

But the main reason is switching from a 4-2-3-1 to what is basically a 4-4-2.

Jennings in midfield , coupled to Ojaama up front has given us many more options by the space they create and can use to great efffect.

The fluidity in the team is impressive and it varies from the 4-4-2 you mention to a 4-3-3 and even a 4-2-4.

A special mention must also go to Clancy who has slotted well into central partnership with Hutch and its no coincidence that he has been very solid the last few games. (they just need to work on the distribution from the back, or I`ll have a heart attack at some point, but lets encourage them to aim for perfection and dont give them too hard a time)

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I think Ojamaa makes Higdon twice the player he is. Now Hig actually has someone who'll play off his knockdowns and want to do the legwork up front means we're not toothless at home.

Exactly.

Whilst Ojamaa is definately a superb wee player, I think it's more to do with the introduction of that type of player in that position that's made the difference. Murphy is starting to look a bit more like his old self, and big Higdon is a different player from the one who was getting pelters from the home support a few months ago.

Long may it continue is all I'll say.

The difference is moving the ball with pace, and not the slow methodical build up through the middle, Higdon was never going to chase balls down, like OJ is doing at present, and taking the last line of defence players on, puts the fear in to defenders.

The set up is working, and is good to watch, Higdon wont score many more goals as an individual, but the team will benefit as a whole.

Cant argue with the start eleven at present.

Keep the attacking frame of mind and 3 more points wed, will be there for the taking!

What a huge change in our season, as I said on Hearts thread, THE SIGNING OF OJ HAS TRANSFORMED OUR SEASON.notworthy.gif. He has lifted our whole club top to bottom, no more giving players abuse, only encouragement, what a difference. THIS COULD JUST BE A VERY SPECIAL SEASON for us. thumbup.gif Lets start again on Wednesday against Hibs, one step at a time!!!!

SUPER 'WELL

The difference is moving the ball with pace, and not the slow methodical build up through the middle, Higdon was never going to chase balls down, like OJ is doing at present, and taking the last line of defence players on, puts the fear in to defenders.

The set up is working, and is good to watch, Higdon wont score many more goals as an individual, but the team will benefit as a whole.

Cant argue with the start eleven at present.

Keep the attacking frame of mind and 3 more points wed, will be there for the taking!

Credit to you for acknowledging that Dazzer. I've been critical of you for what appears to be an overly negative view of those who are getting a start ahead of Humph so fair's fair.

Currently we are looking settled and comfortable all across the side and with some good options for change on the bench too if required.

Actually our home form was disappointing it wasn't terrible. We've only lost four and two of them were against the bigots so if you think about that in the other eleven we've lost twice. The problem was up top and it was a constant form of frustration but even before this run we had a better home record over the season than St Johnstone, St Mirren, Hibs and Dunfermline and on a par with Inverness, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen plus an incredible away record. Aye I'm glad its got better and it needed to but I never really thought it was as bad as it was made out to be. And I think the difference has been Ojamaa and moreso because he has given Law and Murphy a new lease of life.