Celtic Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

Didn't think there was much in the game as not much happened, pretty boring match. Celtic had a couple of shots, we had 1 shot, but ultimately a lack of concentration cost us the game. Celtic didn't exactly pepper our goal with shots, albeit, they've really nothing to play for now. As others have said, we knocked the ball about well until we reached the final 3rd, where it broke down time after time. Best just to write this match off and get back to winning ways at East End Park next week.

Oh aye and one other thing....Thai Tims....WTF?!!!!

I know there must be a reason for it, but I'm confused as to why any Motherwell fan would want to sit in the Celtic end.

I doubt I could last the entire 90 minutes without losing the place.

I wouldn't say I would want to sit in the home end of any of our opposition.

However given the prospect of getting to watch a Motherwell away game at no expense to me when current circumstances meant I would otherwise have missed out, I was only too happy to accept the kind offer.

I had no qualms to be honest going in there. Going into any home end you do so knowing exactly how what you are likely to be going into and how you need to conduct yourself.

bringing a load of thai orphans to scotland to watch a football game is one of the worst ideas ever on so many levels.

only celtic could dream this up.

Im not sure if your being sarcastic?? I dont personally see a problem with it. I think either celtic themselves or various celtic supporters groups donate to these orphans. Nice gesture to bring them over& give them a wee trip!

Cant say i agree with calling them thai tims, they will probably be buddist after all! Aside from that, nothing to get your knickers in a twist about.

• Like 1

No surprises the BBC highlights miss out a major talking point when Ojamaa was adjudged to have fouled Wilson when he was through. The highlights also don't tell the full story of the game. They make out it was all one way traffic and we were battered for 90 minutes. That simply wasn't the case.

No surprises the BBC highlights miss out a major talking point when Ojamaa was adjudged to have fouled Wilson when he was through. The highlights also don't tell the full story of the game. They make out it was all one way traffic and we were battered for 90 minutes. That simply wasn't the case.

Still cant belive that one was given against us .i was dying to see it again on tv But after all the years watching us away to the OF do we really expect anything else ? Celtic get a shy against them and Lennon jumps up and down like a frog wi a banger up its arse and the ref changes his mind .....pathtic !

In a five minute highlight package they are going to show the chances rather than the possession football or the 50 50 decisions that had no bearing on the game. I didn't go yesterday but what I would say was noticable was that every chance they had we had defenders chasing everything down and they had to hit shots quickly which meant we forced a lot of mistakes. The one time we didn't and Hooper had a bit of time and wallop it was in our onion bag. What a ball by Nicky Law by the way to set Ojamaa up for the one chance they did show.

According to the official stats, Celtic had 19 shots, we had 3...

Official stats are Celtic had 12 shots, 7 on target....we had 2 shots, 1 on target. The point is Celtic had a couple of more clear-cut opportunities to score than us, however, I think most people would agree that there wasn't a great deal in the match....in fact, it was pretty boring.

Roll on East End Park next week.

Official stats are Celtic had 12 shots, 7 on target....we had 2 shots, 1 on target. The point is Celtic had a couple of more clear-cut opportunities to score than us, however, I think most people would agree that there wasn't a great deal in the match....in fact, it was pretty boring.

Roll on East End Park next week.

Oops, aye, you're right of course. Always get confused when some sites list on/off target, and others list total/off target. Twelve (or even seven) is still a wee bit more than "a couple", mind you :P

Im not sure if your being sarcastic?? I dont personally see a problem with it. I think either celtic themselves or various celtic supporters groups donate to these orphans. Nice gesture to bring them over& give them a wee trip!

there's loads of stuff dirt poor kids from thailand could be doing with before a trip to glasgow to watch a football game. raising money for them is admirable but they are pretty much planning to spunk it up the wall on passports, visas, flights and hotels for the sake of a photo opportunity to make celtic look good.

going to thailand when i was 26 was a culture shock for me and i'd been to europe and america loads of times before. what are a load of thai kids from a shithole province going to make of a 12 hour journey, jet lag, strange food, shite weather and a foreign country?

there's loads of stuff dirt poor kids from thailand could be doing with before a trip to glasgow to watch a football game. raising money for them is admirable but they are pretty much planning to spunk it up the wall on passports, visas, flights and hotels for the sake of a photo opportunity to make celtic look good.

going to thailand when i was 26 was a culture shock for me and i'd been to europe and america loads of times before. what are a load of thai kids from a shithole province going to make of a 12 hour journey, jet lag, strange food, shite weather and a foreign country?

An experience they wouldnt have had the opportunity to have otherwise! Photo opp, yes. But still an experience for these underpriviledged kids.