Season Tickets 2012/13 Thread

David

Well, that time of year is almost upon us again. How many folk are planning on renewing their season tickets?

It'll also be interesting to see how the numbers differ from last year when people were buying tickets to ensure they got cup final tickets.

What would be interesting to know is, are any fans signing up for the well society and giving there season ticket a miss next year, then pay at the gate as they can afford throughout the season. .Even at the lower end of the market you would need about £570 or there abouts to get both .Its a bit of cash to find. And add to the mix a wee euro trip perhaps, thats more £££££.

It'll also be interesting to see how the numbers differ from last year when people were buying tickets to ensure they got cup final tickets.

how do you know that wont happen this year?

IF and a very big IF, we were to reach a semi final, the club should release a statement saying all those who go to the semit final - keep your stubs, you will be guranteed a ticket

the atmosphere at the final last year was horrendous

we've had a great season, and we will obviously find out more in the next few weeks how great it could actually be - but i would be very disappinted if we can do this well and our numbers actually decrease.

keep the prices the same / small increase, offer the same incentives and at least make sure we hit the same numbers as last year. if we cant encourage people to come out and see us with how well we are playing against what is a very good deal for SPL football - then we will never be able to attract new fans

What would be interesting to know is, are any fans signing up for the well society and giving there season ticket a miss next year, then pay at the gate as they can afford throughout the season. .Even at the lower end of the market you would need about £570 or there abouts to get both .Its a bit of cash to find. And add to the mix a wee euro trip perhaps, thats more £££££.

Yeah, me. I never bought a season ticket this year and probably won't be buying one next year either, but signed up for The Well Society. Quite happy to continue to pay at the gate just now.

At the moment I intend to renew, even though I would have been cheaper as PATG this season due to re-arranged games etc.

Also, depends what happens around the League. If RFC go bust and are invited straight back into the SPL, then as far as scottish football goes, its games a bogie for me. Probably other things to consider too.

the atmosphere at the final last year was horrendous

Agreed. It was obviously really disappointing that the players didn't really turn up. It was more disappointing IMO that the support barely bothered its arse either.

That said, part of the problem was allocating five sections or something as the 'singing section'. If we do actually get to the final for a second year running, two sections (just like the semi-final) will suffice for the 'Well fans interested in singing, chanting and backing the team, and the rest of the 'Well support can sit down in silence without it completely destroying any flicker of an atmosphere.

At the moment I intend to renew, even though I would have been cheaper as PATG this season due to re-arranged games etc.

Also, depends what happens around the League. If RFC go bust and are invited straight back into the SPL, then as far as scottish football goes, its games a bogie for me. Probably other things to consider too.

I intend to renew as well although I can see a stitch up with the bears really pissing me off. That's (our own boards stance) the only potential fly in the ointment.

Agreed. It was obviously really disappointing that the players didn't really turn up. It was more disappointing IMO that the support barely bothered its arse either.

That said, part of the problem was allocating five sections or something as the 'singing section'. If we do actually get to the final for a second year running, two sections (just like the semi-final) will suffice for the 'Well fans interested in singing, chanting and backing the team, and the rest of the 'Well support can sit down in silence without it completely destroying any flicker of an atmosphere.

Am I the only one who thought that the fact Hampden is all sitting was one of the reasons we had no atmosphere?

If you stood up those people behind you could complain about not being able to see, and they were well within their rights to do so. They bought a seat, and as such don't expect the guy in front of them to be standing up most of the game.

Am I the only one who thought that the fact Hampden is all sitting was one of the reasons we had no atmosphere?

If you stood up those people behind you could complain about not being able to see, and they were well within their rights to do so. They bought a seat, and as such don't expect the guy in front of them to be standing up most of the game.

Aye they're within their rights but they destroy my right to get involved in the game as we should all have been doing. It was a Cup Final FFS and the first thing everyone around me did when the whistle went was to flip the seats down and plonk their erses. A FInal is not an ordinary game where you go along to spectate quietly, I didn't see many sitting down at the Cardiff Liverpool game last week for instance. I was disappoiinted at that but wwhat can you do when so many non-regulars turn out. Can't turn them away unless they promise to join in the jumpaboot, you want as many there in C&A as possible but if they dont' get behind the team when they're there what is the point. Be better if they made the rear of the stadium for the singing section and the non regulars could sit near the front and enjoy the game. No real answer though, I hate all seaters.

• Like 2

Of course sitting down hinders atmosphere. But that just ties into what I said about the singing section.

For the semi-final, everyone knew that the singing section would revolve around the lads who create the atmosphere home and away, standing while they do so. The vast majority buying tickets for those two sections at Hampden did so knowing they'd likely be standing. The result? A cracking atmosphere, at least in those sections (obviously getting a great atmosphere throughout the 'Well end at the same time is difficult when you have big stupid gaps).

However, in the final the singing section was five (I think) sections. This meant that there were plenty of people either buying tickets for a singing section knowing folk would want to stand but not having any intention of doing so themselves, or buying tickets for a singing section not knowing folk would want to stand. Either way, it completely ruined the atmosphere. Given our section was the only one that stood throughout the match, and every time I looked around there were small groups of people in other sections trying to get an atmosphere going but just being told to sit down and shut up, it's not hard to imagine that, had the singing section been reduced and involved the people actually interested in making an effort, the overall atmosphere would have been infinitely better.

That said, the needless decision to make the singing section so big doesn't excuse a complete apathy in the 'Well end that day to actually create an atmosphere, sitting or standing. Easily the least enjoyable day of the entire cup run.

Aye they're within their rights but they destroy my right to get involved in the game as we should all have been doing. It was a Cup Final FFS and the first thing everyone around me did when the whistle went was to flip the seats down and plonk their erses. A FInal is not an ordinary game where you go along to spectate quietly, I didn't see many sitting down at the Cardiff Liverpool game last week for instance. I was disappoiinted at that but wwhat can you do when so many non-regulars turn out. Can't turn them away unless they promise to join in the jumpaboot, you want as many there in C&A as possible but if they dont' get behind the team when they're there what is the point. Be better if they made the rear of the stadium for the singing section and the non regulars could sit near the front and enjoy the game. No real answer though, I hate all seaters.

You hate your dad?

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, I agree, but the fact of the matter is that football is a seated spectator sport these days.

When people buy a ticket for a seat they are perfectly entitled to sit on their arses and watch the match however they see fit. The singing section at the final wasn't advertised as such to the general public, was it?

If some Joe off the street went in to buy a ticket for him and his grandson was he told by the staff that this section was a singing section and most likely would involve people standing for a good chunk of the game?

I was disappoiinted at that but wwhat can you do when so many non-regulars turn out.

Next cup final we get to, the club should somehow try to ensure that all the "regulars" are located in the same sections, with the day-trippers in a separate area. After all the build up, I've never been as disappointed in my life as I was at the atmosphere that day. I can clearly remember being told to sit down and shut up when my mates and I were going mental after Daniel Majstorovic handled the ball.

The atmosphere at the CIS Final in 2005 was far superior to last year, even though the game was effectively over after 8 mins or so.

• Like 3

Don't get me wrong, I agree, but the fact of the matter is that football is a seated spectator sport these days.

When people buy a ticket for a seat they are perfectly entitled to sit on their arses and watch the match however they see fit. The singing section at the final wasn't advertised as such to the general public, was it?

If some Joe off the street went in to buy a ticket for him and his grandson was he told by the staff that this section was a singing section and most likely would involve people standing for a good chunk of the game?

how did 28,000 celtic fans manage to stand for the 90?

we were embarassing that day.

• Like 2

Some decent offers in that Hibs deal there, and a few that our club would do well to look at for the coming season. I wouldn't mind us looking at;

Free Cup Top Up - All league & Scottish cup games played at home are included in the season ticket if bought before a certain date.

Free Tickets For Old Firm Games - Every season ticket holder is entitled to one free ticket for the home end for the visit of the Old Firm.

I think our club offers a very good deal with our season tickets, but feel that taking the above schemes on board would be worth considering.

Hibs giving the offers appear good and is an interesting idea, but looking at their website, their cheapest adult season book is £355, £75 more than a 'Well East stand ticket for this season and they cant guarantee SPL football next season either. biggrin.gif

Surely with the imminent demise of Rangers we should be looking at this year of all years to be jncreasinh our ST base. Clearly not many Rangers fans will jump ship to FP but there will be a fair few disillusioned 'ESPN loyal' or local families that might just might come along to watch SPL (and Champions League) football :)

Surely it is worth trying, even the much talked about 'Bradford' scheme or just a flat attractive rate with some Psycholohical pricing and promote it like fuck, newspapers, radio. local buses. £199 Season Ticket or a Bogof or Kids ST for Twenty quid etc...

I have said it over and over, the fact that a plastic seat sits empty inside the ground on a Saturday when someone is outside willing to pay a tenner for it is one if the biggest follies of our game.

We are in a HUGE catchment area unfortunately traditionally monopolised by the competition. WELL when the competition's chips are down....it's time to raise the stakes...

• 1 month later...

Perhaps not the best time to bump this thread, given that a few fans on here sound as though they're ready to burn their current season tickets, but with renewal time fast approaching I thought it'd be interesting to see how many are looking at doing just that?

With European football a distinct possibility next season I'm certainly renewing (unless we rubber stamp a NEWCO into the SPL of course).