Scotlands Top Ref And His Muppet Linesman

Bigwellfan

Another thing I don't get is the claims that he could "just give a foul when the corner comes in" as it happens every week apparently.

Several complaints with this. First, the over-protection of goalkeepers and defending players at set pieces ruins games. Nothing gets my blood up like the whistle going as soon as the ball is whipped in. Shouldn't be encouraging it.

Also, Thompson knows he's got it wrong; between him and the linesman (not going to credit him with the term assistant) they've made an arse of one of the first decisions of the match. Why doesn't he just change his mind? There's nothing to say you can't change a decision, especially at a corner. If he'd overturned this decision, (I reckon he knows he should have) then we'd have a goal kick and the game would've been balanced as it deserved to be.

Sending McCall to the stands is a piece of nonsense too, provided Stuart is telling the truth about what he said. Thompson handed Aberdeen one more chance than they deserved on Sunday, just a shame our players couldn't defend as they should have and took a bit too long to get over it.

The decision in the Schalke game is embarrassing too, the guy's a fanny.

The ref didn't give Aberdeen a goal he gave them a corner. Doesn't matter how good or bad the decision was Motherwell had a chance to defend the corner & see the ball up the park or safely out of play. Not trying to excuse the decision but we lost a goal due to our inability to defend a corner.

As much as thats true, it was as good as giving them a penalty! They are 1 of the biggest teams (height wise) in the league, us being 1 of the smallest, so they are more than likely to gain an advantage from it and they did.

We did miss a pen, so not suggesting the ref is why we got beat, but it gave them 1 hellava boost!

I think you could argue about every ref and their bad calls. I have seen Thomson referee games very well on many occasions and apart from that one decision I thought Sunday was one of them. And as I've said on several threads on different websites this one was definitely one the assistant has to take responsibility for. Thomson was behind the players so no matter what he saw, the assistant had a clear view and if you wathc it back on Sky they show the flag point to the flag straight away and him shout Corner twice into his mic. Had Thomson overturned that 99 times out of 100 he would have looked like a fanny. Sadly this was the 100th time. McCall is right but the difference between the best players and the good ones is concentration and I'm sorry we lost ours then. And worse than losing it for the goal, it took us 20 minutes to regroup. Sport kicks you in the bollocks all the time and you need to react better than we did.

However I could write a book on poor decisions Thomson has given against us in the last couple of seasons. A total failure to send off two Accies players and award one penalty in the 0-1 last season plus his inability to clamp down on timewasting in that game being the main one and I seem to remember Hibs scoring with a handball when he was in charge as well. Strange thing is, he does seem to give us a huge number of penalties. Shame we always miss them!

Awarding the corner was a shocker but we lost the goal because the defence made an arse of defending it :nod: ...the Aberdeen players were allowed 2 headers inside the 6 yard box without a motherwell player getting anywhere near them..so we paid the price.

I don't know that we can blame them for putting us out both competitions but they certainly had a significant influence on the course of both games. Add to that Henrik's stonewall penalty claim at Tannadice and we have grounds for complaint.

Yes, we had to defend a corner, but as McCall said, bottom line, they don't have a corner, they don't score from a corner. Bob McHugh's header must have been in the final minute of extra time?

Didn`t wana start a new thread for this, but why has that wee turd Lennon not being pulled up by this "Complience officer" with his comments yesterday?!

No worse than oor gaffer said, and hes being "offered" a 1 game ban, subject to appeal!!!! Makes it even worse that Stu Mac`s point was actually valid aswell!!! :angry:

http://www.motherwel...uses-ban-offer/

Motherwell Football Club last night officially notified the SFA of the intent to refuse the one match ban offered to manager Stuart McCall.

The matter will now be heard by the Disciplinary Tribunal at a Principal Hearing on Thursday 5th April 2012.

McCall said, "I've spoken to the SFA Compliance officer, Vincent Lunny, to tell him I'll be declining their offer so I've been invited to Hampden early next month for a hearing."

Fair doos to him and is there any chance that sense will prevail?

mccall says a decision is embarassing to the refs face in the tunnel.

lennon says a decision is criminal on tv and then to the press later on.

guess which one gets hauled up? lunny comes from a family of celtic fans, he could at least try to hide his allegiances. hooper elbows jenno fracturing a bone in his face? ok. mastorovich gets a red with no footage proving it was the wrong decision? rescind it anyway.

regan is a terrible administrator and you have to wonder how much influence his good friend lawell had on appoinining vincent.

celtic have been getting an incredibly favourable deal from the refs this season. their fouls to booking ratio is off the charts compared to every other team in europe.

mccall says a decision is embarassing to the refs face in the tunnel.

lennon says a decision is criminal on tv and then to the press later on.

guess which one gets hauled up? lunny comes from a family of celtic fans, he could at least try to hide his allegiances. hooper elbows jenno fracturing a bone in his face? ok. mastorovich gets a red with no footage proving it was the wrong decision? rescind it anyway.

regan is a terrible administrator and you have to wonder how much influence his good friend lawell had on appoinining vincent.

celtic have been getting an incredibly favourable deal from the refs this season. their fouls to booking ratio is off the charts compared to every other team in europe.

Celtic are untouchable , Lennon has ran onto the park at Easter Rd and grabbed a Hibs player , booted a bottle into the crowd at Inverness and has regularly brought the game into disrepute with his comments. Like the Jennings incident Loony chooses not to see any of it. Didnt miss a player celebrating scoring a goal though.

Were those foul / booking stats in anyone elses favour there would be a stampede from the great unwashed for clarification , maybe even vilification of officials to the point that they went on strike - the SFA would have to take action then , wouldnt they ... ? Hypocritical Corrupt cowards.

Motherwell Football Club last night officially notified the SFA of the intent to refuse the one match ban offered to manager Stuart McCall.

The matter will now be heard by the Disciplinary Tribunal at a Principal Hearing on Thursday 5th April 2012.

McCall said, "I've spoken to the SFA Compliance officer, Vincent Lunny, to tell him I'll be declining their offer so I've been invited to Hampden early next month for a hearing."

Can he refuse the invitation? :evilgrin:

WHich is precisely why Lennon went on his crusade last season, he knows fine well how to work the SFA and their shite systems, and also the clout his club holds. Establishment club right enough (Oh how their fans hate being described as such) :rolleyes:

There's just no excuse for it. The camera angle shows the linesman looking straight at it! That's incompetence and if you or I did it at work so blatantly we'd have baws chewed.......

Posted Today, 05:15 PMsnapback.pngmcguru, on 21 March 2012 - 12:39 PM, said:

Can he refuse the invitation? :evilgrin:

Bit like yir mother-in-law's birthday party, you've sorta got to go :whistling::download:

consistancy would be nice. Why is the compliance officer even getting involved with McCall. It was the referee's decision to send him to stand, which he did and served his punishment. Yet, if a referee deems a player to be in breach of a rule, he is booked/sent off and nothing else is done by the authorities. So is the compliance officer is now going to deal with cases already dealt with by the referee? So ineffect this officer is undermining the referees, something that the club staff aint allowed to do!

It seems this officer has issues with our club, and it's time we got our lawyer involved much like Celtic. Seems it's the only way.

p.s. Think McCall should ask for clarification on what is acceptable, i.e. complain in person privately or go on national tv and more or less call the referee a cheat.

To play devil's advocate, if a player is sent off they usually do serve a suspension in another game. But managers are different, and based on what McCall claims to have said he definitely doesn't need punished any further. The truth hurts for the SFA it seems.<_>

Quotes and Info - in fact whole lot stolen from Hibs.net as I cannot be arsed typing it out myself plus highlights not just our tinted glasses showing the Compliance Officer for what he is :lol:

///Quite delighted to see Stuart McCall refusing to take the offered one match ban from the SFA after his "outburst" at the Scottish Cup game vs Aberdeen last weekend.

There is absolutely no level of consistency with which managers are being hauled over the coals in relation to their comments/interactions with referees - an example:

Jim McIntyre said

“For the second goal, the ref has had a nightmare. I’ve just watched it on video and it was never a penalty. It was a really, really poor decision.”

The result of the above was a 2 match ban.

Stuart McCall said

”When you see it on TV, you will be embarrassed.”

The result of the above was sent to the stand and a 1 game ban offered

Neil Lennon said

"It's a stonewall penalty. It's a shocking decision, absolutely shocking. He is clean through, holding the boy off, the guy lunges at him and he takes his legs away. The defender doesn't get anywhere near the ball so it's a penalty and a red card in the final minute of the game where we have banged away at the door. For me it's a criminal decision and it has cost us the Treble. I have only just seen the incident again there on the TV five or ten minutes ago from every angle. So how he can make that decision from where he was I don't know. To rub salt in the wounds he books Anthony for diving, which is awful. Awful refereeing."

The result of the above? Nothing. No discussions, no comments from the SFA - nada. As a result of this, Willie Collum has been subject of a barrage of sectarian abuse and threats on Twitter (http://i43.tinypic.com/33jjry9.jpg), (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...6908-23794978/)

The double standards are sickening. ///

• Like 3