• Nicky Law
    • Stuart Carswell
    • Chris Humphrey
    • Michael Higdon
    • Henrik Ojamaa
    • Bob McHugh
    • Null vote

Jennings all the way for me today.

He was all over the midfield, making crucial tackles, urging his team mates on, and very few of his passes went astray. I went into this game thinking we'd miss Lasley, but thanks to Jenno's performance today we didn't.

Hammell deserves an honourable mention for a very good performance, and both Carswell & especially young Cummins also deserve a mention for their showings today but Jenno was the man.

Page for me, after the lack of chances he's had, and the stick he's (rightly) taken when he has been brought in, today was the day he had to stand up and be counted. He did everything and more, marshalled the defence, kept Cummins head in the game and I think rose to the challenge.

Saying that, I thought considering the circumstances and the makeshift team we put on the park, they were all good.

I can see where everyone is coming from. Jenno bossed the centre of the park. Page and Cummins played really well together but I've got to agree with sponsors and give it to our Vice-vice-captain - Stevie Hammell.

He was first to every ball, almost every pass found their man. A great performance from a player we will look back on as one of the Motherwell greats.

And that goal! Take a boo son! Take a boo!

Had to go for Page as he dealt with everything thrown at him today and kept those two big donkeys quiet. Cummins did well for his first start too. Also, a word for the experienced lads today, thought Hammell, Jennings and Higdon all talked those around them through the game and got involved at every opportunity. It didn't really come off for big Higgy up front today but certainly not for lack of effort. Hammell and Jennings both did a great job though.

Ojamaa and Humphrey ran their socks off but their final ball let them down at times. Jennings did a great job of shielding the two centre backs and helping them out. Randolph made an amazing save that saved us two points. The young lads if hardly outstanding all came in and did the job and deserved a clean sheet at the end of it.

But I'm going for Stevie Hammell - great game, as the experienced member of the back four he helped the other guys out and scored an absolute corker that made all the difference at the end of the day.

MotM - Stevie Hammell.

Page. Really rose to the occasion I thought and dealt with everything Aberdeen threw at him and had fallon by the balls. He looked like he'd been playing there all season. That showing must have put himself in the frame for starting spot more often.

Page.

Delighted for him, because there has been major doubts over whether or not he could cut the mustard. Today he most certainly did, he was excellent. No real failures in the team today, although Humph frustrates the life out of me, I've seen Law play better and Ojamma seemed to be playing for himself at times rather than the team.

For me, between Page and Jennings. Page probably gets the nod if only because he's been much maligned recently.

Carswell and Humphrey both had good games too. Cummins didn't let himself down. Randolph and Hammell were as dependable as always with each having a moment of brilliance. You could make a case for most of the team..

Thought the whole team was great today. Randy looked to be very aware of the young guys in front of him and his save in the second half was breathtaking.

Young Cummins grew into the game and got better and better as the game went on. Hammy had his problems early on but I don't think Law gives him much help. Solid defensive display though and contender for goal of the season.

Humphrey 's pace caused them problems all day. If only his final ball was better.

Jennings is possibly the most important player in our team. He covered every blade of grass and how we missed him when he was off for ten minutes.

However after a couple of iffy perfomances against Queens Park and last week against Aberdeen I thought Page proved himself today. He really stepped up to the plate. He won most of his headers against taller players and gave a super performance as we held on to win the game . He is my choice.

Well done great team performance , special mention to all the new guys Outstanding that we can bring in youngsters and limit Aberdeen to so little. McCall was concerned last week with all the hight in the Aberdeen team Page and Cummings were outstanding constantly getting the better of Vernon and Fallon.

Great performances from the young guns under difficult circumstances. Page, Cummins and Carswell all did their bit. Old heads Jenno and Hammell coaxed them through the game. Tight decision but the goal was special so Steven Hammell gets my vote.

Jennings for me.

Page, Carswell, Cummins all did much better than I expected they might so you could certainly make a case for them but Jennings marshalled them, talked to them and it was clear to note that when he wasn't there was when the defending became last ditch. Outstanding performance from him.

• Like 1