The End Of The Shed ?

Special aka

I think it was the early 60's, (hopefully someone can confirm), that a storm caused severe damaged to the original covered terrace roof. The storm damage was so severe that the floodlights on the top were removed and part of the roof up at the South Stand end was so badly damaged it had to be replaced with the structure we see today.

It woud now appear that corrosion has set-in to such an extent that NLC will not renew its safety Certificate at the end of the season and unless a new roof is fitted the Shed will be condemned :doh:

If it is "only" the roof that needs replaced that would imply to me that it is the fixings holding down the roof that are the problem. Could also be a major issue with the roofremoval, as it seems to be made of Asbestos board like many of the buildings of the time. IT cant be all that bad however, if it survived the storms last December.

The steelwork may look in poor condition, but I could point out many oil rigs in the North Sea that are in worse condition. This seemingly Marathons Brae "B" platform - and I have seen worse than this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScD4IGbn9cY