Motherwell V Celtic 22/4/12 Discussion

Iain7_mfc

Now IF Celtic manage to get a point against Kilmarnock on Saturday they will come to Fir Park for the first league game after the split as champions. The Shettleston Harrier in work was rambling on about how the 'well players should do a guard of honour and Motherwell fans should applaude the Celtic team when they come out the tunnel since we done the same with Kilmarnock a few weeks back. He then went on to suggest that if it does happen he'd be surprised due to our "mini-rangers mentality" and with Stuart McCall, a Rangers legend, being out manager.

I for one would rather eat my own shite than applaude the scum onto our pitch.

The other situation which could arise is also Celtic winning the League at Fir Park if they lose to Kilmarnock on Saturday. You don't want anyone to party on your own patch, never mind that lot partying. Anyhoo, question is. do you agree with the players doing a guard of honour for the filth if they are indeed crowned champions on Saturday?

P.S If they lose both games it would be great to see more of this...

_41173689_fans.jpg

They will win the league at Rugby Park this weekend. They only need a point and Rangers will revert to type and getting beat after lifting themselves for their two closest rivals (Us and the smellies).

HOTD for this pish

(Always wanted to say that... evilgrin.gif)

No sure why we even done it for Kilmarnock, theres hardly a precedent for doing this. Wouldnt like to see it myself for either of the old firm.

Kilmarnocks cup victory was a terrific achievement, Rangers / Celtic winning the league is just same old, same old.

Killie are a proper fitba' club, ra Shellic are a cesspit of religious intolerance and part of a cartel which seeks to prevent clubs like ours and Killie from ever achieving anything of note through their combined stranglehold on power and finance within the game.

So I won't even be in the stadium to watch them come out, they shall be ignored, granted their rightful status as an irrelevance as always.Meantime I shall quite possibly be finishing a last drink.

• Like 3

it will be utterly embarassing if we clap this mob on, especially considering brown's comments after the cup final.

Which were?

From about the point where we put down the cards for the display I've pretty much erased the rest of the weekend from memory.

Which were?

From about the point where we put down the cards for the display I've pretty much erased the rest of the weekend from memory.

‘I didn’t think Daniel would be red-carded but I thought Lasley’s tackle on Loovens was

disgusting,’ said Brown after the match.

‘What he did in the first 20 minutes was try to rile us up. His tackle was straight over the ball and went for Glenn’s knee but the referee said he didn’t see it.

‘If Motherwell want to go above the ball and that’s the way their manager wants them to play, then so be it. But we came away with the victory and that is all that matters.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1390233/Returning-Scott-Brown-jibes-tactics-sad-ridiculous-insists-Stuart-McCall.html#ixzz1r0ec1YgX

Id rather gouge my eyes out with a spoon!

There's a world of difference between appreciating the achievement of a likeminded community club and lauding either of the ugly sisters.

I hope they get their point against Killie, maybe then they will ring the changes in order to make it easier to steal Rangers £900k.....er, I mean, rest players for the Scottish Cup!

I think we should do what we did at the Masters, turn our backs on them as they come out.

Guard of Honour? They can bite my banger.

• Like 2

I said before the Killie game I was really anti it as it sort of gives the feeling they are our superiors and that is exactly what happened. We may have had a rotten day at the office anyway, we'll never know but I think it gets the team in the wrong mindset. Only way I could see it backfiring is if they think they are Charlie Big Potatoes and then play a lot of guff. But on balance, was a pish idea for Kilmarnock, its a pish idea for Celtic and we shouldn't have done it then and we shouldn't do it now. The fact that we hate them is secondary.

The Shettleston Harrier in work was rambling on about how the 'well players should do a guard of honour and Motherwell fans should applaude the Celtic team when they come out the tunnel since we done the same with Kilmarnock a few weeks back. He then went on to suggest that if it does happen he'd be surprised due to our "mini-rangers mentality" and with Stuart McCall, a Rangers legend, being out manager.

Ask him to explain himself. When someone suggests that to me I always ask them to explain their reasoning and when put on the spot they rarely do.

Should never have happened against Killie that is for sure.

Didn't we give a guard of honour to Rangers recently? 3-3 game at Ibrox perhaps.

The key being is where these games take place.

For example, if we play Celtic first game of next season we'll have no choice but to watch them parade their league trophy and let them raise the flag of champions.

The Shettleston Harrier in work was rambling on about how the 'well players should do a guard of honour and Motherwell fans should applaude the Celtic team when they come out the tunnel since we done the same with Kilmarnock a few weeks back. He then went on to suggest that if it does happen he'd be surprised due to our "mini-rangers mentality" and with Stuart McCall, a Rangers legend, being out manager.

Your work colleague clearly hasnt read the thread on the 'Rainjurs debacle' lol!!!!!