Motherwell V Celtic 22/4/12 Discussion

Iain7_mfc

Applaud them if you want, it's a personal choice I'd say. But guess what? They'll still call you a 'H u n without the busfare' and other such original insults so if you think that'll 'endear' you to them or earn you brownie points with 'yer sellic supporting mates' then dream on.

As someone pointed out, it's the team you're applauding. They've won the title, which is worthy of recognition regardless of what's happening at Rangers.

As for the fans? Who cares what they say or think? It has nothing to do with brownie points or endearing ourselves to anyone.

As someone pointed out, it's the team you're applauding. They've won the title, which is worthy of recognition regardless of what's happening at Rangers.

As for the fans? Who cares what they say or think? It has nothing to do with brownie points or endearing ourselves to anyone.

we could maybe make a deal where we don't applaud them onto the park but you take a line up from their full 42 man first team squad and management team pre match if your so keen?

we could maybe make a deal where we don't applaud them onto the park but you take a line up from their full 42 man first team squad and management team pre match if your so keen?

Aye, okay.

It's this kind of nonsense that puts me off what's left of Scottish football sometimes. If Celtic are champions and for whatever reason the club decides that some sort of recognition is warranted, then I don't see the problem.

The petty shite that floats around our game is cringeworthy.

you want our players and fans to prostate themselves in front of a club who even when they beat us in the scottish cup final still felt the need to publicly denigrate our players and a set of fans who continually accuse our players and management of dishonesty and refer to our support as h**s.

that doesn't make sense to me but each to their own.

No, if we are asked by our club to do so, I would like to see our fans afford the respect that winning the league title deserves. A bit of a clap for a minute or so.

Their reaction after winning the Scottish cup, and losing the league cup doesn't surprise me, and is a fair representation of a club managed by a character like Neil Lennon.

Our players and fans grudgingly acknowledging the fact that they have won the title and giving credit where it's due would be a fair representation of our club and the qualities that our manager bring to the league.

As for their fans, f*ck them.

No, if we are asked by our club to do so, I would like to see our fans afford the respect that winning the league title deserves. A bit of a clap for a minute or so.

Their reaction after winning the Scottish cup, and losing the league cup doesn't surprise me, and is a fair representation of a club managed by a character like Neil Lennon.

Our players and fans grudgingly acknowledging the fact that they have won the title and giving credit where it's due would be a fair representation of our club and the qualities that our manager bring to the league.

As for their fans, f*ck them.

When they earn my respect I will show it them, coming first in a two horse against a handicapped opponent doesn't see them there just yet.

Clap shellic onto the park ! no Fuking chance ! Hope the rest of the well support do likewise .I will clap the well onto the park .thats it

If it's pre-arranged the players will do all the clapping anyway. In the grand scheme of things I don't think applause from 2,000 or 3,000 odd Motherwell fans will make much of a difference to their day.

It will make us look like c*nts right enough, but there you go.

All this chat about what Motherwell should or should not do but aren't we forgetting they have a game before they come to Fir Park?

Should the onus not be on Hearts for anys Guard of Honour seeing as today's their first game after their "glorious" triumph?

Different competition you might suggest but then we applauded Killie on to the park at an SPL game for winning an SFL competition.

Bugger all to do with us any more. The moment for their Guard of Honour will have passed by next weekend. Let's just concentrate on pumping the fuckers on the park!

• Like 1

I actually think the guard of honour nonsense should be forgotten about. The league winners can celebrate in front of their own fans when they get the title at home.

When Dundee Utd. reached the UEFA Cup final, wee Tommy's team gave them a guard of honour at Fir Park. We then proceeded to beat them. If one for Celtic resulted in the some outcome, then bring it on :drinks:

Otherwise, no thanks.

Celtic will murder us next Sunday. Do folk never learn? Whenever the 'Old Firm' lose or drop points just before they are due to play us they always bounce back big style against us. I was quietly confident of getting a point next Sunday, but given today's result then I can only see a comfortable win for Celtic.

• Like 2