Motherwell V Celtic 22/4/12 Discussion

Iain7_mfc

Daley is a complete waste of space, how he gets away with claiming to be a football player I don't know, rumour has it a albion rovers scout was there cause they want him!

In all seriousness, I like Jennings and hutchnisons performance today and higdon played well but the fight just simply wasn't there!

Fight is not something you can instill in a player, they either have it or not! And by the looks of it we have very little players with this!

• Like 2

From the time I saw our lineup on television before leaving the pub I knew we weren't going to take anything from this game today. Playing Higdon up front by himself set off alarm bells in my head, and my worst fears were confirmed when we played a defensive game throughout the first half.

We survived. Barely.

It was always odds-on that Celtic would score eventually, and when they did that it would then be a case of damage limitation. Other clubs who have seen success against either of the Old Firm have all went at them in an attacking fashion, showing them no respect.

We aren't capable of doing that, for whatever reason.

Neither of them are all that good to be honest. There's no Larssons, Laudrups, Gascoignes, Lennons or Fergusons out there anymore. I can't really think of anyone in that Celtic squad who would get a regular game in the Premiership.

Our players, and possibly our manager, is intimidated by the shirts these players wear. Simple as that.

Humphrey was far from the worst today, same with Ojamaa when he came on.

It seems to me that Higdon has gained a special exempt from criticism status. He wasn't at his worst but how many fouls does he give away?? Almost every time he challenges for the ball he's wrestling the guy.

Celtic hardly needed to turn up today, they just waited for the goals to come.

Startin to wonder if I should've booked my holidays for the CL qualifiers! :doh:

• Like 1

Christ, with a team like that it's a wonder we're not fighting relegation :doh:

If we had played like we have in the last 3/4 weeks all season, we WOULD be fighting relegation.

Dont mistake the above for a kneejerk reaction. Just the frustration of watching a great season unravelling in front of our eyes.

I felt exactly the same during the winter when we were experiencing the same problems.

Then it was Henrik that came along and gave us fresh impetus.

Right now its gonna have to come from the manager. He needs to get it right and fast.

Next week is massive.

Ojamaa out. Fucking chancer!

The new John Spencer!!

That match today was unbelievably flat and considering we have it all to play for, I just cant get my head around how bad everything was. Formation, was ridiculous (I thought McCall had worked out that Higdon cannae play up front on his own), the starting XI was baffling and the effort and energy levels was downright worrying. How the match sponsors managed to pick a man of the match is beyond me.

Total and utter pish from us again when we play either of the cheeks.

At least we now know whether the players want 3rd place as much as the fans!!

Absolutely pathetic and gutless showing with major questions to be asked if starting 11 and tactics.

Nice one McCall. Way to go spunking away an 11 point lead.

At least we now know whether the players want 3rd place as much as the fans!!

To be fair, with the exception on the far end of the east stand the fans have been pretty quiet at home recently, so it's difficult to know if the majority even know that Champions League football is a possibility.

McCall tried to copy what Hearts did last week....Big mistake right away, as Hearts are bigger n more powerful than us, therefore can soak up the pressure better by putting it about and rattling Celtic.

How Daley got a 3yr deal facepalm.gif Humphrey, Higdon n Jenno,1st half anyway, were only passmarks. Randy looked at fault for the 1st goal.

We have crumbled at the worst possible stage, and the performances v Celtic/Rangers have been embarassing.

Do we lack the bottle?.........Looks like it.

If we dont win next week, we won`t finish 3rd.

Stuart McCall made a complete hash of our last 5 or 6 games last season and I have every confidence that he will repeat that feat this season ,see no reason whatsoever to doubt that.

:doh: people on here always say that about the end of last year, they seem to be forgetting he was resting players on that stretch for the final

granted the plan ended in failure however

Said at half-time that it felt like watching a pre-season friendly - that's fair enough for a Celtic side that's season is over, but absolutely ridiculous for us given we're supposed to be in the hunt for a Champions League spot.

Deserved nothing, got nothing. Absolutely garbage.

Maybe that's what he had the team doing today ..... resting.

Jim, we know you don't like McCall. Seeing the same people bump their post count whenever something goes against us is becoming tedious.

We're sitting 3rd in the league, and it looks as though European football of some sort is on its way to Fir Park next season.

That represents a good season as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 2

mccall has a lot to answer for.

we are never going to get the better of celtic with humphrey and daley in the deal team. daley is hopeless with a terrible attitude and the fact he'll be here next season is sickening. humphrey is doing a better job of impersonating a footballer recently but he still has zero end product and continually embarasses himself falling over and knocking the ball out of play.

the tactics were shite from the kick off and his idea of playing law centre mid failed once again but the worst thing was we didn't adjust at all when it turned out they were playing 3-5-2 was a joke. cha constantly pushed right onto hammell and we were 4 vs 3 at the back all the time. that cost us the 1st goal.

mccall is having an utter nightmare recently. waiting until we wer two down to make a change at killie, no subs until rangers scored in the 89th minute even though we were on our last legs (the omar comes on because we actually want to score now), no left hand side of the park at hibs.

mccall inherited a solid team with a keeper, back 4 and centre midfield pairing who have carried us this season. beyond that what has he done? he needs to get back to the line up that did well against hearts and st johnstone a few months ago. since murphy dropped out the team we've scored 1,0,1,1,0. if he thinks humphrey or daley are better options he needs to find a new profession.

Thats the biggest load of pants written on a Motherwell thread, regardless of if Murphy played or not, the result would of been the same.

Humphrey had a good game, better than many that started today.... and prob one of two players actually to test the keeper.

Daley, might not be great at presnt, but McCall chose him for a reason.

Now jump in your TAXI. :cry:

I think people are overestimating the significance of today's result, Our rivals for 3rd have all still to play Celtic and with the exception of Hearts Rangers. the significant results for us will be against St Johnstone , Dundee United and Hearts.

• Like 1

Thats the biggest load of pants written on a Motherwell thread, regardless of if Murphy played or not, the result would of been the same.

Humphrey had a good game, better than many that started today.... and prob one of two players actually to test the keeper.

Daley, might not be great at presnt, but McCall chose him for a reason.

Now jump in your TAXI. :cry:

Humphrey's final ball was garbage. Gets into good positions but then either falls over, puts it into the stand or floats a wavy ball to the back post with no pace that is comfortably dealt with. Standard performance from him.

I think people are overestimating the significance of today's result, Our rivals for 3rd have all still to play Celtic and with the exception of Hearts Rangers. the significant results for us will be against St Johnstone , Dundee United and Hearts.

Yep. Real drama if we lose to Perth Saints next week, but I'll get over today.

Our performances in the last 3 games including a Killie and Celtic team who were both on the beach has been A FECKIN DISGRACE!!! Im really scunnered with them. DO WE ACTUALLY WANT TO PLAY IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!! Special critisism must go to Carswell and Hately who have both been crap for weeks.Get Saunders and Lasley back and Daley's pish as well by the way. Im shaking with anger here. EVERY MOTHERWELL PLAYER NEEDS TO TAKE A LONG HARD LOOK AT THEMSELVES AFTER THAT SHITE TODAY!!! :wallbash:

:lol: When did you last get your hole?!

We were shite today and got gubbed, didnt expect anything less. Its still in our hands and next week we have by far the biggest game of the season. Get back to 4-4-2, start passing the ball and the champions league is ours. Stop shiting yerselves, we'll do it.

• Like 1

We're a better team than St Johnstone, especially without Sandaza and contrary to what most people on here believe the players have far from chucked it. They want it just as much as we do and i'm confident that we'll get back on track next weekend.

• Like 1

I'd love to believe you Bop, but what have you seen lately to suggest we are going to win next week and/or have enough about us to still clinch 3rd?

This team has got us into third place in the SPL, that's all I need to see. We're more than good enough to beat St Johnstone at home, and Dundee United as well.

Christ, this seems to happen every time we lose to the Old Firm.

Pish formation, pish in the winter, still pish in april!

The way to beat either of the old firm is to go toe to toe& attack them, nae chance of that playing 4-5-1!

Daley was rank rotten today, fannying about, no tracking back, didnt look interested. Didnt think anyone else had a howler but just didnt hit the heights. When celtic scored the heads visibly went down.

Thought humphrey was good in 1st half, law in first 15of second. Despite us losing 3goals i thought hutchy had a good game.

Next week we need lasley back in there taking the game by the scruff of the neck. Mccall needs to go 4-4-2, higdon + one of ojama/murph/boab.

• Like 1

Hugely deflated after that performance. We started playing for a draw from the 1st minute and it was even more noticeable 5 to 10 mins into the 2nd half when we were constantly going backwards when we got near the half way line :wallbash:

I am not saying all out attack is the way to beat Celtic, but have a bit of belief FFS. Do you think United will play that way when Celtic go to Tannadice.....don't think so. You can put your house on the Arabs taking points of one or even both halfs of the old firm.

Daley is an imposter....I would have substituted him myself if I could after he jogged back after losing the ball, leaving the Celtic player all the space he needed to push forward.

I would have liked McCall to come out and say in his aftermatch comments that it was NOT nearly good enough, instead of the usual "not feeling sorry for ourselves" lame cr@p.

We have done really well this season. The Manager and virtually all the players. But they need to pick it up and sharpish or we WILL lose out on 3rd and even 4th spot. On that perfromance today we will be lucky to pick up another point, let alone 3, 4 or 5 that we will need. Saving grace is we have played the toughest opponent in the top half and the Arabs arguably the weakest. But we could and probably will go into next weeks match v St Johnstone in 4th place. A win is looking a 100% necessity.