Motherwell V St Johnstone

FrazMFC96

Agree about Vines' tackle on Hutchy by the way. He had no intention whatsoever of going for the ball and I thought it a stick on straight red card at the time - but no.

Strange, I thought the first tackle was much worse than the second. To me the first was a bit naughty because he had overrun the ball and frankly coulnae take it and was a day late whereas the second in my view was a very tired effort to get the ball, from which is eye never left.

However for a foul to be a red card it needs to be:

- professional foul - no

- two footed - no

- dangerous - I would surmise this was reckless (yellow card offence) rather than dangerous so no

- over the ball - no

- violent - no

So to me Brines got both right as for me they were both reckless rather than dangerous.

As for the left back it has to be Angol. He is the one who has some game time under his belt and if he wants to push up fine, one of Hateley's endearing qualities is that he is mediocre half way up the pitch so putting us under less pressure if we can do same at the other side who knows what will happen.