Killie Game 18/08/12

myteam

No goals against them last season was very poor imo. Appreciate what he accomplished last season but I don't rate Shiels very highly as a manager.

Be interesting to see how they perform in the league this season.

We lost 7 or 8 players, 5 of whom played in cup final.

We have signed two.

Squad is very inexperienced. 17 year up front first two games.

Badly need a win out of the next two games.

No disrespect to Ross County, St Johnstone, Killie, and St Mirren, but if after those 4 games we're still winless, that's fucking chronic. And I'll be officially panicing!

Thanks to my encouraging words we'll hopefully get the win though!!

I think Law has done well in the centre the past few games, but as Fritz pointed out to me, he is having to do far too much with his back to goal. Would be open to Cummins in and Ramsden in midfield.

Definitely a seat on the bench for Ojamaa and a seat in the stand hopefully for Daley.

The St. Johnstone game was the first time for me that I visibly saw us miss Jennings. There were many times St. Johnstone broke forward and there was a massive, a gap which Jennings had the nous to fill just about every time a team counter attacked against us last season.

You do realise we still have Law and Hutch and didn't sell them yesterday..

A lot can happen in the next couple of days. Not saying that they'll be sold by Saturday but if negotiations are at an advanced stage by then, professional as both Law and Hutchinson are, Will they have 100% focus on the game...

Shh! With all the flak Daley's been getting, the boo-boys have forgotten all about Humphrey. Don't bring attention to it. Let's see if Humphrey can flourish without all the negativity that has followed him around at times.

As well as playing McHugh up front instead of Ojamaa, I'd also move Murphy to the right and play Law on the left of midfield. Murphy is too predictable on the left as was touched on by someone in the St.Johnstone match thread, he always wants the ball on his right foot.

I'd line up;

Randolph

Hateley Cummins Hutchinson Francis-Angol

Murphy Lasley Ramsden Law

Higdon McHugh

• Like 1

missing this so hopefully it'll play out like last one i missed when we won 3-1 at tannadice.

i can see us playing 3 centrebacks against levante so i think cummins will get some game time. i'd stick hateley in the middle of the park and ramsden to right back and go with a 4-3-3/4-5-1 type deal

randolph

ramsden hutchy cummins zfa

lasley hateley law

mchugh higdon murphy

• Like 1

401224_10150791042753082_252718064_n.jpg

missing this so hopefully it'll play out like last one i missed when we won 3-1 at tannadice.

i can see us playing 3 centrebacks against levante so i think cummins will get some game time. i'd stick hateley in the middle of the park and ramsden to right back and go with a 4-3-3/4-5-1 type deal

randolph

ramsden hutchy cummins zfa

lasley hateley law

mchugh higdon murphy

OJ, save Higdon for the Levante game....:ph34r: Take cover!

• Like 1

Yep i was at that last game at Killie who were knackered after they'd been partying all week after winning the league cup and we we playing our most important game for months to get us that crucial euro slot..Cue a HORRENDOUS and VERY VERY comfortable 2-0 win for them. I see the same thing happening again on saturday so im giving it a miss and keeping my money for thursday. <_>

• Like 1

See they have signed a midfielder/striker yesterday. Not sure if I will be at game tomorrow (sons birthday), but lets hope we gets some goals, give Bob a start upfront along with Higgy and stick OJ just off them to give him a chance to get at them, with Law, Las and Murph in midfield

In dire need of a victory today to kickstart the season a bit. In theory, we should really take 9 points from the next three games.

Europe's all well and good, but we need to get a good start in the league before the small squad issues start later in the year.

Having said that, I'm going for a battling draw today. (feeling more negative than my earlier 1-0 prediction, but sticking with us getting a goal in off Higdon's arse)