Killie Game 18/08/12

myteam

Hoping for goals and a victory to boost the confidence, particularly of the forward players.

3-1

Think I'm going to go, but more than slightly put off by the £22 entry price.

Sadly looks like being one of the cheapest gate prices this year.

Away end at FP isn't exactly cheap.

As for game, I don't have a fucking clue how it will go!

I'd like to see McHugh start up front alongside Higdon and Cummins or Kerr at centre half with Ramsden moving to midfield allowing Law to play in his natural position. However I have a feeling we won't see that sort of line up and we'll struggle to create anything again.

2-0 Killie

• Like 2

I'd like to see McHugh start up front alongside Higdon and Cummins or Kerr at centre half with Ramsden moving to midfield allowing Law to play in his natural position. However I have a feeling we won't see that sort of line up and we'll struggle to create anything again.

That's exactly what I'd go with.

As I said on another thread, at times we seem to be suffering from losing the confidence that Lasley and Jennings protecting the back four inspired in our creative players. The likes of Ojamaa, Murphy and Law would be able to take a chance, perhaps run at someone, attempt a killer pass or make a run into space, knowing that if it breaks down and they're caught out of position, we had two defensive midfielders providing the protection. With Law in beside Lasley, we lose that and I think it shows at times, with our attacking players far more likely this season to pass the ball across the edge of the box rather than looking for a cutting edge.

Cummins has shown against Celtic and last week against Panathinaikos that he can at least handle himself in a competitive match. I'm not going to start proclaiming him as a first team regular, but in order to combat the problem above, I think we need to look at either bringing Carswell back into the side or moving Ramsden into central midfield.

McHugh deserves a chance after a couple of goals in pre-season and the equaliser on Saturday. Ojamaa, on the other hand, continues to look out of sorts and perhaps just needs a few weeks on the sidelines to get his mind back on the game. Daley's just gash so shouldn't be involved.

And I think Francis-Angol is a guaranteed starter for Hammell. I've liked what I've seen of him so far, looks a very fast, attacking full-back but also has a good desire to make sure he's back defending when needed.

Therefore, my team would be:

Randolph

Hateley --- Hutchinson --- Cummins --- Francis-Angol

Law --- Ramsden --- Lasley --- Murphy

Higdon --- McHugh

As for a score prediction, with the above line-up I think we'd be creative enough (thanks to a protected back four) to take the win. If we continue with the Law & Lasley central midfield partnership, I think we'll be picking up another point.

2-0 Killie

dry.gif Yep, that's about par for the course.

I'm going with a scraped 1 nil. Nothing special, but enough to get our first win. Scrappy goal in off Higdons arse or something like that.

Assuming Humphrey is out, I'd go

Randolph

Hateley

Ramsden

Cummins

Angol

Hetherington

Lasley

Carswell

Murphy

Higdon

McHugh

With Humphrey back I'd go

Randolph

Hateley

Ramsden

Cummins

Angol

Humphrey

Lasley

Hetherington

Murphy

Higdon

McHugh

Angol looks good going forward but I worry about Dayton tearing him a new one if fit.

Don't think there will be much in it. One goal either way..

1345044578[/url]' post='355801']

2-0 Killie

Law's natural position is centre-mid.

Assuming Humphrey is out, I'd go

Randolph

Hateley

Ramsden

Cummins

Angol

Hetherington

Lasley

Carswell

Murphy

Higdon

McHugh

With Humphrey back I'd go

Randolph

Hateley

Ramsden

Cummins

Angol

Humphrey

Lasley

Hetherington

Murphy

Higdon

McHugh

Angol looks good going forward but I worry about Dayton tearing him a new one if fit.

Don't think there will be much in it. One goal either way..

You do realise we still have Law and Hutch and didn't sell them yesterday..

Plus what is this with Laws natural position being left midfield. In his own words Last season was the first time he has ever been played in that position in a team... His natural position to him is central midfield.

You do realise we still have Law and Hutch and didn't sell them yesterday..

Plus what is this with Laws natural position being left midfield. In his own words Last season was the first time he has ever been played in that position in a team... His natural position to him is central midfield.

He is/has been far more effectual for us in left midfield where he was deployed last season when we had Jennings & Lasley in the centre.

Although he's played well in Centre Mid so far this season he gets caught up doing the donkey work far too much for my liking and seems to be doing the Jennings role of dropping deep to get the ball and thus taking him out of the areas he's most effective(essentially the final third). One of the reasons for our lack of goals/chances so far is our most creative and probably best attacking player is sitting far too deep and we're limiting his creativity. No coincidence that our goal on Saturday came from Law getting forward into the final third and getting into the box to set up the goal. Something he can't do as often as last season beacuse of his defensive responsibilties in the middle of the park. Remember he got something like 7 goals and 10 assists last season from a more advanced position but we're sacrificing his creativity by playing him in an area of the park where he won't be able to influence the attack as much, in my opinion. A lot of our best work last season went through him and I'd like to see him further forward on Saturday.

If I were McCall on Saturday I would move him back to the left with another ball winner next to Lasley be that Ramsden/Carswell etc. Humphrey back at right wing as we badly miss him the width he offers us. Then you can pick from either Higdon/Murphy/Ojamaa/McHugh for the front two.

I think a lot depends on who will be fit.

I'm working on the assumption that both Humphrey and Daley will be absent with this bag of shite below. :lol:

I'm wondering with it being Francis-Angol's first start whether McCall might want to go with a back five to give the defence a little extra cover.

The bank of three central defenders and two centre mids in Las and Carswell may also allow Zaine to make use of the attacking prowess he's reported to have down the wings. Tom Hateley to a lesser extent too.

You've still got a bit of flexibility with Murph and Law capable of playing wide if McCall wanted to go with four in the middle to protect our lead when Higgy pops up with his first of the season.....

***** Randolph *****

***** Francis-Angol ******* Cummins ****** Ramsden ****** Hutchinson ****** Hateley *****

***** Carswell ***** Lasley *****

***** Law *****

***** Higdon ***** Murphy ******

Hopefully we can avoid a tippy tappy bore. Last season was brutal against Killie.

Would like to see a midfield 3 of Lasley, Law and Hetherington in order to try and get a grip of the game. Not sure what would make the best front 3 though on current form.

ZFA should play left back but If McCall wants to be cautious, he may shift Ramsden to left back and bring in Cummins.