Page On Loan To Accies

Well Well

He's behind Hutchinson, Cummins, Ramsden and also Kerr as well I imagine for a place at centre back. He'll find game time very limited and he's even failed to make the bench a few times this season.

A regular run of games to get the confidence up at a lower level could be just what he needs. Don't see the problem, makes sense to me and hopefully if he does well there he can come back and try and force his way into the team here. If he can't he'll be released at the end of the season.

• Like 3

There's an interview up on MFCTV with him. Sounds like he's hoping that the move is extended longer than a month and he can get a run of games.

Just my opinion, but it sounds to me as if he's looking to get some gametime and put himself out there for a move when his contract is up. I doubt we'll see him back at Fir Park as a Motherwell player.

It's been summed up already but a parting of the ways seems inevitable come the summer.

If there was ever going to be a time for Johnny to stake a claim it would have been at the beginning of this season with Craggs and Clancy away but barring when injury and suspension has created an opening, he hasn't had a sniff.

I heard it said he was denied the opportunity of a similar loan move to another First Division team last season, which may partly explain his enthusiasm for being allowed to go to Accies, but then he really should be desperate to get out and play football.

At 22, he's not a laddie any more and for his own career's sake, if as appears the case, he isn't going to breakthrough at Motherwell, he should be looking to establish himself at another club.

If it was that decent, surely he'd be ahead of Murphy in the queue?

I don't know but he's only played 20 minutes here and there. I'd doubt it mounts up to more than 12 full games. And he's scored at least four goals. I might be wrong but I can't imagine he's played that many minutes in the first team...

And Murphy has been mainly used on the wing. McHugh strikes me more as an out and out striker.

Sadly I fear we might not get the chance to find out...

I don't know but he's only played 20 minutes here and there. I'd doubt it mounts up to more than 12 full games. And he's scored at least four goals. I might be wrong but I can't imagine he's played that many minutes in the first team...

And Murphy has been mainly used on the wing. McHugh strikes me more as an out and out striker.

Sadly I fear we might not get the chance to find out...

My rough working for so far this season..

Bob McHugh 1 goal in 190 mins = goal every 190 mins

Jamie Murphy 2 goals in 700 mins = goal every 350 mins

Michael Higdon 7 goals in 915 mins = goal every 131 mins

Henrik Ojamaa 0 goals in 662 mins = no goals in 662 mins

Obviously doing it for more than one season would be pretty time consuming but it's still interesting to see that only Higdon has a better goals to minute ratio than McHugh and it has to be taken into account the difficulty of coming on as a sub and the infrequency of his appearances has made it hard for him to get a run of form going.

My rough working for so far this season..

Bob McHugh 1 goal in 190 mins = goal every 190 mins

Jamie Murphy 2 goals in 700 mins = goal every 350 mins

Michael Higdon 7 goals in 915 mins = goal every 131 mins

Henrik Ojamaa 0 goals in 662 mins = no goals in 662 mins

Obviously doing it for more than one season would be pretty time consuming but it's still interesting to see that only Higdon has a better goals to minute ratio than McHugh and it has to be taken into account the difficulty of coming on as a sub and the infrequency of his appearances has made it hard for him to get a run of form going.

While your stats are probably correct, goals are not everything. How many of higgys goals have been created by Ojamma for instance?

While your stats are probably correct, goals are not everything. How many of higgys goals have been created by Ojamma for instance?

I never said they where. It was in response to MB asking about McHugh's goals to game ratio which does looks quite impressive.

As it goes I'd start one of either Ojamaa/McHugh every week as those two are the best at offering support to Higdon. You'd also struggle to find a bigger Ojamaa fan than me and I'm under no illusions as to how much he brings to the team. I've often said that Higdon is a better player when he has Ojamaa around him and thought the two of them were excellent at Pittodrie(however both were poor last night).

I too however would like to see Bob get more of a chance but I also feel he'll have to take the Steven Lawless route to first team football.

Don't need a guy who likes a tackle,. We need guys who can do a basic marking job, as it is currently alien to our defence

Sorry wasn't meant to be a detailed breakdown of the player's attributes. Just meant that he would easily fill in for Page.

From what I have seen of him the boy is a leader on the park and hates losing. He is a good all round defender with bags of pace who reads the game well and rarely loses his man.

The point I was making re his tackling is that his will to win shows through and he looks the type who isn't fazed by reputations. Given that Page is obviously out of McCall's plans it does seem the best all round solution to bring him on a bit given the lack of depth in the squad.