Outgoings

Kmcalpin

much as we all love F P I could'nt agree with you more, put sentiments aside and move to the Ravencraig site. I'm in the construction industry and even in the current slump developers will be falling over themselves to grab it .

Only one problem will be a condition that they build another Knowtop Primary school.

We will need to spend the money on Fir Park, who is going to pay top money for it as a development site? Everyone keeps saying the new stadium at ravenscraig, well all potential buyers for Fir Park will also be looking at ravenscraig as it is what a stone throw away from where we are. So who would buy Fir park when they can develop at ravenscraig for a fraction of the price. I think we missed the boat on this one for a good few years so we need to spend the money on Fir park.

It's not like we've got any choice though is it. We'vre put off investing in the pitch for long enough and look where it's got us! And the stands well most other teams in the SPL incur similar maintainance costs, it comes with having old stands.

As far as the move to a new stadium goes, I think it depends more on any potential partnership with North Lanarkshire Council rather than getting a buyer for Fir Park, which will take care of itself when the time comes.

We will need to spend the money on Fir Park, who is going to pay top money for it as a development site? Everyone keeps saying the new stadium at ravenscraig, well all potential buyers for Fir Park will also be looking at ravenscraig as it is what a stone throw away from where we are. So who would buy Fir park when they can develop at ravenscraig for a fraction of the price. I think we missed the boat on this one for a good few years so we need to spend the money on Fir park.

I can understand why you would think that, however considering that the existing college site is scheduled for housing I believe as is part of knowetop school. Its not a massive leap to think the developers would love the whole area the schools on and our ground, its a very desirable area for housing, and the house building on the 'craig has been postponed.

I think we still have a window of opportunity abeit small. I fear for the future of MFC if we dont move to the ravenscraig site, and a tie in with the training facilities which will be available at the new sports facility and the opportunities to work closer with motherwell college is too good to pass up.

Thats not even touching the transport infrastructure road and rail, parking etc., and can ypu imagine the possibilities if there were to be a sizeable cash injection for players ?