St Johnstone V Motherwell

Finlay

Ojamma rounded keeper and missed open goal! Fans sound in good voice on Open All Mikes.

More stramash than simply rounding keeper but aye got himself into facing open goal but was already leaning back when he tried shot, he was raging at himself, really hungry, but needs to temper it

Murphs second was a peach, picked it up15yds? Into their half wide left and drove straight into edge of D and let fly with his right foot, NICE

Didn't see that coming and credit where it's due as every player played very well including the subs who also had a positive worthwhile impact. Could have and possibly should have even nicked another one.

I was disappointed to see the only change was Cummins for Kerr but it worked today and we looked fairly comfortable throughout. The players and McCall deserve praise as they have taken a bit of stick lately but that performance was arguably the best of the season. Laws finish was sublime!

St johnstone were a dirty niggly moaning team. Left the boot constantly and the ref let them away with it.

Ojamaa and Murphy really flirted all over the place just over Higdon - their movement was outstanding. Ojamaa just can't buy a goal but I thought his performance was very good today less the finishing. We retreated too deep at times which is a sign of a team lacking confidence - St Johnstone did exactly that when we were 1-0 down to them at Fir Park back in August and they hadn't won for ages. I've got to say I've never been all that worried the last few weeks - we were outplayed by a better team against Celtic, we had more of the Hearts game and played reasonably well against Hibs and got no breaks at all. I felt when we got back to the lesser teams the wins would be back. St Johnstone may have been on a great run but apart from the game against Celtic they've played all the lesser lights. Will be interesting to see the Cummins tackle back - my instinct was he got the ball but obviously the St Johnstone players and fans thought otherwise however given they thought it was a foul and a red card and we scored about a minute later to make it 2-0 so it was the big point of the game.

I thought with having a very decent record against Saints that this might be day that things turned back our way a little but I certainly didn't see it being just as convincing a result.

It was fantastic to get the goal so early and really give us something to hold on to and give the team a jolt of confidence. They probably had more of the ball over the piece but our attacking play was really causing them problems when Ojamaa, Humphrey and particularly Murphy ran at them.

If Ojamaa had employed a wee bit more composure and the ball had fallen a bit more kindly it could easily have been 3-0 at half-time.

In the second half it appeared more a case of being happy to hold what we had and being a bit more selective about when to push forward rather than chasing the third. A slightly risky strategy with a two goal lead if the opposition pull one back but it worked to good effect today.

Lovely finish for the third and nice to note the desire of both Law and I think Murphy almost wrestling with one another to get to the ball to put away the third.

A bit of a disappointment for the defence and Randy not to get a clean sheet but over the piece a minor quibble given the result and performance. Couldn't really have asked for better given recent events. Now to build on it again!