Best Team Since Administration

milo

The way the Higdon thread is going has got me thinking....

What would be your best team since administration?

I've not given mine too much thought so I could change it later!

Randolph

Hammell

Partridge

Craigan

Corrigan

O'Brien

O'Donnell

Pearson

McFadden

Jutkiewicz

McDonald

Subs:

Ruddy

Porter

Clarkson

McCormack

Jennings

Hutchinson

Discuss.....

That team would easy challenge for the title I recon. I would only make a few changes I would take out Corrigan, put Hutch into the middle and Partridge on the right. I would have Higdon at least on the bench, lacking the big strong forward in that line up.Would have Reynolds as the sub defender.

And Lasley in for Pearson............ that c*nt can f*ck off.

That team would easy challenge for the title I recon. I would only make a few changes I would take out Corrigan, put Hutch into the middle and Partridge on the right. I would have Higdon at least on the bench, lacking the big strong forward in that line up.Would have Reynolds as the sub defender.

And Lasley in for Pearson............ that c*nt can f*ck off.

David Partridge a left footed centre half at right back? :mellow:

Lacking a 'big strong forward' despite having picked Lukas Jutkiewicz up front? :mellow:

Lasley ahead of Pearson? :mellow:

No offence, but do you watch Motherwell games?

• Like 1

--------------------------------Randolph

Corrigan-------------Reynolds----------Gunning------Hammel

-------------Jennings---------O'Donnell-----------Pearson

-------------McDonald--------Juktiewicz---------McCormack

Subs

Ruddy

Quinn

Porter

Hutchison

Lasley

David Partridge a left footed centre half at right back? :mellow:

Lacking a 'big strong forward' despite having picked Lukas Jutkiewicz up front? :mellow:

Lasley ahead of Pearson? :mellow:

No offence, but do you watch Motherwell games?

Aye fair enough I forgot Partridge was a leftie.

The Juke, for all his height never had a great deal of upper body strength.

Lasley has been off form just now but his past two season he has been one of our best players.

Pearson to me is the same as 70% of the young players that have come through, starts of looking like hes going to be the next big thing then fizzles away into nothing wither they stay with us or move on, example Forbes, Fitzpatrick, Darren Smith, Slane and even Murphy. I'm not saying Murphy isnt a good player, but he has lost a lot of the fire he had when he broke through. I think even if Pearson had stayed he would have dwindled away.

Just my opinion.

Right the Partridge at right back thing was madness and I'll accept that as a mistake. However...

The Juke, for all his height never had a great deal of upper body strength.

:lol:

Yeh, calling bullshit on this. Don't know what Jutkiewicz you were watching.

Pearson to me is the same as 70% of the young players that have come through, starts of looking like hes going to be the next big thing then fizzles away into nothing wither they stay with us or move on, example Forbes, Fitzpatrick, Darren Smith, Slane and even Murphy. I'm not saying Murphy isnt a good player, but he has lost a lot of the fire he had when he broke through. I think even if Pearson had stayed he would have dwindled away.

Just my opinion.

Pearson's played Premiership, Champions League & International football, won Scottish football young player of the year, has had transfer fee's totted up into the millions and you're comparing him to Darren Smith, Ross Forbes and Marc Fitzpatrick. Seriously? Wow.

--------------------------------Randolph

Corrigan-------------Hutchy----------Craigan------Hammel

-------------Jennings---------O'Donnell-----------Pearson

-------------McDonald--------Porter---------McCormack

Subs

Ruddy, Quinn,Reynolds, Hutchison, Lasley, O'Brien, Sutton

i've made a couple to changes to Geed's team.......

Craigan for me has to be in there - guts, passion, desire and lastly his love for the Well!

Difficult choice between Hutchy and Reynolds and the same goes for Pearson and Lasley, but i opted for Pearson as he had more goals in him!

O'Brien and Sutton have been added to the bench - i think both brought an added something to the team

Lukas out and Porter in..............Although Lukas will be remembered for that awesome strike, I think Porter showed more at his time here, and definitely the more clinical finisher between the two

pearson gave us two or three good months then spat the dummy. most of the time prior to 03/04 he was gash and a liability with bookings and red cards.

very true - but he scored two fantastic goals at Shittodrie and won us the game! thats good enough for me!! lol

interestingly - of the teams picked so far - only one has went for the Motherwell God!!

Right the Partridge at right back thing was madness and I'll accept that as a mistake. However...

:lol:

Yeh, calling bullshit on this. Don't know what Jutkiewicz you were watching.

Pearson's played Premiership, Champions League & International football, won Scottish football young player of the year, has had transfer fee's totted up into the millions and you're comparing him to Darren Smith, Ross Forbes and Marc Fitzpatrick. Seriously? Wow.

I was only about 13 when Pearson was with us, but from what I remember he wasn't as good as Lasley has been the last couple of seasons.

For the first half of his spell he had none what so ever, he got better but still wasn't the strongest I have seen.

Right sorry am I imagining this? I thought and would describe Jutkiewicz as a powerful centre forward. I remember him being unfit when he first arrived in terms of match fitness etc. but he was built like a tank. A proper athlete if you will with plenty of upper body strength.

Someone please tell me I'm not making this up or was I watching a different player?

I like Lasley and he's been a great player for us, but he couldn't and can't play left midfield so it has to be Pearo in there every time.

For the record Pearo and McDonald are in my team based purely on what they were capable of when on top form as both of them have left a bitter taste in the mouth.

The way the Higdon thread is going has got me thinking....

What would be your best team since administration?

I've not given mine too much thought so I could change it later!

Randolph

Hammell

Partridge

Craigan

Corrigan

O'Brien

O'Donnell

Pearson

McFadden

Jutkiewicz

McDonald

Subs:

Ruddy

Porter

Clarkson

McCormack

Jennings

Hutchinson

Discuss.....

Partridge? I take it we must have had another Partridge at some point that I cant remember, because David Partridge was fucking garbage. Hutchison, Clancy, Saunders, Gunning, Reynolds are/were all mile better than him. Your midfield is all out of kilter as well, Jennings would walk into my starting XI, and O'Brien would get kicked the fuck out of it!!

Agree with most of the rest of it though

As I said, I didn't give it a huge ammount of thought. Replacing Partridge with Reynolds or Hutchy would possibly be a better shout.(Hutchy was on my bench at least!)

You're being a bit unkind to Patridge. If I remember we missed him a bit when he left and he would walk into the present defence.

The midfield would work but is probably too attack minded. You could argue Jennings in for one of the front 3 of McFadden, McDonald or Jutkiewicz would give better balance.(Jennings was also on my bench!) but if not O'Brien then who else at right midfield? Foran?! Humphrey?! McBride?!

I rated the wee Alan McCormack we had also.

I agree Melvin. My favourite 11 and best 11 are nearly 2 different teams!!