Criticism Of Players

Frazzie

Myself, Stu.

The football, and results, recently, at home, have been shite, but I'd be more inclined to get behind the team if I wasn't sat in amixture of bore and bile.

If you shout a well done or that, you can feel the eyes staring you down.

It's almost uncomfortable to be a supportive Well fan.

1355534913[/url]' post='369477']

Myself, Stu.

The football, and results, recently, at home, have been shite, but I'd be more inclined to get behind the team if I wasn't sat in amixture of bore and bile.

If you shout a well done or that, you can feel the eyes staring you down.

It's almost uncomfortable to be a supportive Well fan.

I've seen some amount of pish on this forum but this takes the biscuit. I've sat in the East Stand since the seats went in and have never felt uncomfortable after shouting positive comments.

Genuinely, I'd love to know how many people don't want to go regularly to Fir Park because they don't want to sit in an abusive and apathetic atmosphere...

It's the very reason I, and many others prefer away games. I don't know if it's because we're in the minority and people recognise the need to actually 'support' the team or whether the people who cause the problems at Fir Park (and it is a problem) just don't travel to away games.

Was just having a wee look at the league table there, and as much as all the chat is about us being shite at home, unacceptable, etc etc...we've only lost 3 home games (which is pretty fucking decent at this stage of the season actually), and we've scored more goals at Fir Park than Celtic have at Parkhead.

• Like 2

Was just having a wee look at the league table there, and as much as all the chat is about us being shite at home, unacceptable, etc etc...we've only lost 3 home games (which is pretty fucking decent at this stage of the season actually), and we've scored more goals at Fir Park than Celtic have at Parkhead.

True but on the flip side we have only won two which is truly brutal. Would have been better winning four and losing five.

In a similar vein noticed a re-tweet from that SPL stats guy from a dandy bemoaning the fact they had only won 2 home games this season and only 3 from 17 in 2012.

You can argue the point about us being a better team than Aberdeen but it, and the past couple of posts, perhaps put things in a bit more context.

Perhaps its just increasingly more the case that more and more teams are set up better to play away from home, when there is more of an onus on the home to take the game to the opposition with the additional pressure and expectancy that brings.

Perhaps its just increasingly more the case that more and more teams are set up better to play away from home, when there is more of an onus on the home to take the game to the opposition with the additional pressure and expectancy that brings.

I think it's probably the case that away from home, most teams set up primarily to be difficult to beat. And most teams in the SPL don't have someone with enough guile to break down a massed defence. The flipside is that to play counterattacking football doesn't require as much craft...

Was reading a post in the Ins and outs thread saying how much the players celebrated the win yesterday.

Given the content of this thread it is entirely possible that the players enjoy the backing they get playing away from home more, can relax and play their football, hence get more favourable results.

Clearly not the only reason for the disparity in performances but worth a thought surely.

I started this thread and I go to almost every game, home or away.

In that case you are in the perfect position to comment on the point I tried to make Frazzie.

Is there less abuse away from Fir Park and do the players appear more relaxed and confident in their play as a result?

In that case you are in the perfect position to comment on the point I tried to make Frazzie.

Is there less abuse away from Fir Park and do the players appear more relaxed and confident in their play as a result?

Like when they covered themselves in glory at Ibrox you mean ?

I haven't missed a game home or away(European games excepted) for 3 seasons and I can definitely say the atmosphere and backing at the away games is far better and supportive than at Fir Park. You get the odd negative shout etc of course but nothing on the scale of what you hear at home games which sometimes actually makes me cringe.

I just cannot understand why some fans can be so negative and abusive towards certain players. If they shouted what I've heard at games at someone in the street on a Friday night they would be lifted.

I've always enjoyed away games much more than home games. For years i've said that if I had to cut back on games for financial reasons, i'd give up my season ticket and keep going to aways.

I'd always choose going to Fir Park in that scenario but only so that the club get my cash. If away teams were to take the away gate money I'd ditch the season ticket tomorrow and only go to aways. The crowd is a massive reason for that.