Defending

Haggischomper

Seems like we have had more than a few blank sheets this season and I'm not reading much in the after-match teeth-gnashing from folks about how we are a liability at every set piece any more. Are we looking more solid now? How are they doing back there? Is it due to off-form players hitting form again or does much of the credit go the way of Leitchy and McGhee for their coaching?

What's yer thoughts, folks.

Got to admit at the start of the season i thought craigan was the weak link and should have been dropped. However, we missed him while he was away and I'm glad he is back now. He'd been in the team for a while and i think the time out with the injury has made him sharper and he has returned a better player.

IMO, one of the main reasons that the defence has stopped leaking goals is klimpl sitting infront of them. The guy is a 1 man defence in his own!

It's more to do with every single one of our players being in our box and leaving absolutely nobody up front

That seems to be the approach but it gives us significantly more bodies in the box than the opposition and really seems to be improving our set pieces defensively. Also, I think a lot of credit has to go to Buzz who has been more confident this season and commanded his area better. He's been much better at coming for high balls and communicating with the guys in front of him.

We have the quality to create chances from open play so I don't see anything wrong with keeping everyone back to defend set-pieces (unless we're chasing the game).

one, with quinn and hammill hav hit better form of late which has helped. but most importantly i bet if you check the stats almost all our clean sheets are concoring with stephen cragian being in defence. top man so he is!

Yeah I would agree with that Craigan seems to be able to bring the best out of players, Mark Reynolds has alluded to that more than once.

We were winning most of the headers in and around the box.

Next challenge is getting players on the back post in attack stuations, I feel had we done that more yesterday we'd have humped accies.

At the time I couldn't understand why Mensing's goal was chopped off but having watched the highlights on the BBC site the handball is quite clear, especially from the camera in the South stand, turns out that Dougie McDonald did make a correct decision on Saturday after all. :lol: