Motherwell V St.johnstone 20/01/13

MJC_MKI

First game back since the 'break' and since Murphy's departure so time to get back to winning ways.

I'd start with McHugh up front with Higginbotham on the bench, otherwise unchanged from the side who played Celtic on the 2nd.

2-1 to us in an end to end encounter.

Convincing win!

After scoring 4 goals midweek McHugh in from the Start, direct replacment for Murphy, the Rest including both Higdon and Higginbotham on the bench!

Last chance to impress any potential scouts in the crowd, for the out of contract players, so might see some good individual performances.

3 -1 Motherwell.

Convincing win!

After scoring 4 goals midweek McHugh in from the Start, direct replacment for Murphy, the Rest including both Higdon and Higginbotham on the bench!

Last chance to impress any potential scouts in the crowd, for the out of contract players, so might see some good individual performances.

3 -1 Motherwell.

Why would you put our top scorer on the bench :wallbash:

Same reason as last match, OJ and Mchugh up front.

Because we actually played better without him last game.

Yet we lost and we didn't score.

Now that Murphy's gone we need all the goals we can get and dropping the guy that's our top scorer who's scored 4 times as many goals as the next top soccer at the club probably isn't the best solution.

• Like 1

Yet we lost and we didn't score.

Now that Murphy's gone we need all the goals we can get and dropping the guy that's our top scorer who's scored 4 times as many goals as the next top soccer at the club probably isn't the best solution.

I understand what your saying,I personally feel we need a quicker tempo at home at present, and Mchugh gives us that, Nothing against Higdon, and I know he is the top scorer, but we seem to play better football, when we dont result to the percentage ball into the box.

I understand what your saying,I personally feel we need a quicker tempo at home at present, and Mchugh gives us that, Nothing against Higdon, and I know he is the top scorer, but we seem to play better football, when we dont result to the percentage ball into the box.

Our last 3 home matches in the SPL has seen us pick up 7 points from 9, scoring 9 goals in the process.

Oh and the best football I've seen us play this season was in the 2nd half of that Aberdeen game at Fir Park, Higdon played(and scored) while Hammell and Humphrey were on the the bench. Should we revert back to that formation having Hateley and ZFA as wingbacks?

Our last 3 home matches in the SPL has seen us pick up 7 points from 9, scoring 9 goals in the process.

Oh and the best football I've seen us play this season was in the 2nd half of that Aberdeen game at Fir Park, Higdon played(and scored) while Hammell and Humphrey were on the the bench. Should we revert back to that formation having Hateley and ZFA as wingbacks?

zzzzz And even you wouldnt put Humphrey on the bench... but agree with ZFA starting!

zzzz nothing!! That was perfectly reasoned post set against your regular playground style - I like him so I'll find a reason to justify his inclusion and I don't like him so I'll find an excuse to leave him out, selections.

Andrew, Im pretty sure thats the whole point of a forum, so its not just your opinion, that gets posted, for the record, I prefer ZFA at left back than Hammy, and would have Mchugh before Higdon, this weekend, after his four goals midweek. Thats my rational.

Mind set the alarm early

its a 2:15 ko

Strange init. If we go see a movie and its crap we won't go back, if we go paint balling and it's crap we won't go back ? Football seems almost quite religious in the way we keep going back. No matter what I will be there hoping for the ultimate game, doesn't make psychological sense but when did football make sense ?

• Like 1