Dundee Utd Game Moved

Toxteth O'Grady

yip pretty shit for anyone thats made arrangements to get to the game

the club might have reasons that we would sympathise with,

but since they choose not to share,

I'll stick with being pissed off that a game I'd made arrangements to get to has been moved with less than two weeks notice

yip pretty shit for anyone thats made arrangements to get to the game

the club might have reasons that we would sympathise with,

but since they choose not to share,

I'll stick with being pissed off that a game I'd made arrangements to get to has been moved with less than two weeks notice

Yip. Total agreement.

Yep, it's a bit ridiculous that a fixture can be moved with only 11 days notice. I've actually specifically arranged something for the 29th, thinking that the game would be the following night. Now I won't be able to make it.

Fair enough if there's a valid reason for the switch, but surely a bit more notice could have been given.

Emailed Leeann Dempster to ask about this, and to be fair to her she replied very quickly with this:

Thanks for the note and I understand that you may not be happy however when the request came in from United on Thursday to move the game we looked at the options for the match. After speaking to the manager and looking at the competitive dates i.e. when United are playing, we decided that a move to the Tuesday would be advantageous for us.

I know that these changes do cause supporters some issues and that ideally we’d like to keep every game as planned but on looking at the balance of games, we feel (myself and the manager) that a move suits Motherwell in terms of recovery time, potential injuries etc. This is the reason we decided to make the change and if we did not believe that it was advantageous for the team to play a day earlier then I would not have entertained it.

I hope this helps in terms of an explanation of events and I am sorry that you now won’t make the match.

Whilst she has provided a reason I'm not sure that it actually stacks up....if it helps us with an extra day recovery time for the next game by bringing it forward does it not actually give us one less day for recovery after today's game?

9 days instead of 10?

"Thanks for the note and I understand that you may not be happy however when the request came in from United on Thursday to move the game we looked at the options for the match. After speaking to the manager and looking at the competitive dates i.e. when United are playing, we decided that a move to the Tuesday would be advantageous for us.

I know that these changes do cause supporters some issues and that ideally we’d like to keep every game as planned but on looking at the balance of games, we feel (myself and the manager) that a move suits Motherwell in terms of recovery time, potential injuries etc. This is the reason we decided to make the change and if we did not believe that it was advantageous for the team to play a day earlier then I would not have entertained it.

I hope this helps in terms of an explanation of events and I am sorry that you now won’t make the match."

So basically Im sorry you wont make the match but we dont think of fans first????

Guess If I worked at the club and was to try and make up a reason that might fly with pissed off fans I'd go with it is to help the team

eleven days rest instead of ten should set us up nicely for the trip to Killie

only nine from today until Utd tho, hope the players dont suffer (esp; Randolph)

Guess If I worked at the club and was to try and make up a reason that might fly with pissed off fans I'd go with it is to help the team

eleven days rest instead of ten should set us up nicely for the trip to Killie

only nine from today until Utd tho, hope the players dont suffer (esp; Randolph)

is it not that we are hoping that dundee united pick up injuries against ross county on the saturday?

it's still inexcusable moving it this late.

is it not that we are hoping that dundee united pick up injuries against ross county on the saturday?

it's still inexcusable moving it this late.

Guess it does Steelboy

United play Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday-Tuesday

we will play -----Sunday---------------------Tuesday

Can't really see that 24 hours being huge influence to the lost goodwill, but hey fans always come back when they get put out, dont they?