Mccall And Scotland

milo

Surprised this hasn't been discussed more.

Personally I can't see how McCall working with Scotland will be to Motherwells benefit, therefore I'm against it. I'm actually quite surprised he was even approached about it, let alone agreed to do it or was allowed by Motherwell to take the position, so I'd welcome other peoples thoughts on it.

he said on the radio that him being away for three days doesn't make any difference and i agree with him. he's had since august to sort the defence out and try and get goals out ojamaa and humphrey and he hasn't made any progress so 3 days isn't going to make any difference.

he has to sign a contract or make it clear he is leaving. a player like jennings fucking you about is one thing, a manager is another thing all together.

• Like 1

Would this question have been asked had we won yesterday? Probably not. We created five or six excellent chances in the first half and we just had a day where the strikers couldn't hit a barn door. If we had played abject rubbish for 90 minutes I'd question it but to be fair we played well on the most part, drifted out towards the end and got frustrated but these things happen at any time and I'm confident McCall and Scotland was not the reason.

It gives his critics an easy stick to beat McCall with if results don't happen to go our way around one of the spells he might be away, that's for sure.

I'd say the people best placed to make the decision are those who employ him and know what the extent of his involvement is, alongside that of his coaching staff, on a daily basis on the training ground. And since they've given him their full backing - as they have with the likes of Black and Malpas for example in the past with Scotland, then I've no reason to doubt their decision.

You could argue that having Randolph and Ojamaa away on international duty may have more impact on our ability to prepare for the next fixture than McCall.

Yesterdays result has nothing to do with asking the question. It occured to me at the time of the appointment.

I used to think our performance suffered when terry butcher was doing the Europa league on channel 5, based on what happened when Malpas took over...

:lol:

A combination of bad luck and poor finishing cost us yesterday, some backs to the wall defending from killie too.

The players tend to get a few days off in international breaks anyway, so he won't miss much. He will leave kenny black instructions.

How hands on is McCall in training anyway? I watched a Craig brown training session, and it was Archie Knox who did all the organising.

McCall being away with Scotland can only benefit Motherwell. He gets the experience of working with different coaching techniques, seeing how better players prepare and approach matches, see how different tactical formations work, expands his contacts and generally raises the profile of the club by being involved. Of course if Scotland are successful there is a risk attached that this might hasten his exit. Although that might not displease some people......