Motherwell V Ict

Dazzer

Very solid performance and pleasing result. Was expecting a much harder game than that.

Delighted for big Higdon. He must surely go on to break the 20 league goals mark this season.

Thought Law went on to be MoM though with Henrik fading 2nd half.

Same again on Tuesday please.

Higdons second was an absolute peach, sweet volley from outside the box

Law MoTM with a shout out to Carswell who was very good also. I think the guy has a good future at motherwell, and was a very good foil for law. Seemed to bring more balance to the team.

An enjoyable match were we played well in patches.

Thought we scored against the run of play but our excellent start to the 2nd half killed them off. After that we were always in control.

It was good to see Hateley have a good game against because he's been off form recently in my view. The spine of the team was excellent today Hutchinson - Law - Higdon.

Enjoyable game again. Most balanced I've seen the midfield for a while, Carswell done a very good job while Law was by far the best player on the park.

Higginbotham was as I expected. While he's better suited to playing off a striker he could do a job for us coming in from the left.

Clean sheet warmly welcomed, shame Ramsden had to go off.

Really like the look of young Carswell. Was solid, kept it simple and allowed Law the freedom to go and play his football. Big decision for McCall once Lasleys suspension is over.

agreed apart from the last bit. Lasley will come straight back in and Cardwell will eventually end up at Partick thistle. I hope not though.

agreed apart from the last bit. Lasley will come straight back in and Cardwell will eventually end up at Partick thistle. I hope not though.

Yeh your probably right. Las will be straight back in no questions asked.

Dont think Carswell will end up at Thistle though. With our contract situation I expect him to get a lot more game time next season.

Best I've seen Carswell play. He now seems a real solid option in the middle of the park rather than a bit part player. Another few solid performances like that and we could look at a good defensive mid partnership with Las and pushing Law out wide again, which would be a massive boost.

Great win against our favourite opponents!

BBC report saying Higdon tapped in Ojamaa's mis-hit shot?

Thought it was a great cross myself after a brilliant turn & run.

Matters not either way, 3pts, 3 goals (2 for that donkey Higdon laugh1.gif) & a clean sheet to boot.

I'm a happy camper thumbup.gif

Carswell reminds me of a young Phil with his running style and ability to stretch his leg and get a telling touch. His best game since that Hearts away game when he first appeared on the scene I think.

Just watched Higdon's first - seems BBC was right, Ojamaa a bit embarassed by a mis-hit shot!

• Like 1

Great win against our favourite opponents!

Matters not either way, 3pts, 3 goals (2 for that donkey Higdon laugh1.gif) & a clean sheet to boot.

I'm a happy camper thumbup.gif

It was good luck from start to finish at the first goal. His "turn" was just an accidental touch and his shot was awful.

Who was he last well striker to hit more than 20 in a season?

Wullie P?

Nobody's done it in the SPL era... In fact Higgy is now our highest ever goalscorer in a single SPL campaign.

ETA. Wullie P netted 21 in 1976-77. His most in a single campaingn for us.

Still got a bit to go to match Wullie MacFayden and Hughie Fergusons goalscoring records thought!!!

I thought it was a cross at the time, and I still did on Alba until I saw the grin on his face which clearly said he'd got lucky.

Carswell was outstanding and his mobility gave Law the room to play in, Higdon got the room up top from Ojamaa doing the same and some of our wing play was breathtaking at times. Agree with whoever said we played well in patches, certainly we weren't the dominant force that 3-0 suggests though we were by far the better team.

What a goal Higdon's second was and what a tackle by Hateley in the box in the 2nd half.

Not a single failure from us today.