Spl Prize Money 2012/13

Toxteth O'Grady

Betcha the rules are changed back when Sevco reach the top flight.

From the PDF doc referred to over on P&B

C4.3A

For Season 2012/13 only, fee payments to each of the Clubs participating in the League during Season 2012/13 shall be made on the basis of each of their respective League positions at the end of Season 2012/13 and in the relevant percentage specified in the table below...

All season we've been going on about the great difference second place would make regarding prize money, but a guy on P+B recently posted this:

League position at end of Season 2012/13 % of 2012/13Net Commercial Revenues

1. 17.0% (was 17% last year)

2. 10.5% (was 15% last year)

3. 9.5% ( was 9.5% last year)

4. 9.0% (up 0.5 % on last year )

5. 8.5% (up 0.5 % on last year )

6. 8.0% (up 0.5 % on last year )

7. 7.5% (up 0.5 % on last year )

8. 7.0% (up 0.5 % on last year )

9. 6.5% (up 0.5 % on last year )

10. 6.0% (up 0.5 % on last year )

11. 5.5% (up 0.5 % on last year )

12. 5.0% (up 0.5 % on last year )

Read from "C4.3A for this season only"

When did this happen? What an absolute joke.

EDIT: Didn't notice this in the other football section, feel free to delete this.

Really don't understand how the money for 1st hasn't been touched. Surely given the 11-1 voting structure Celtic were at the mercy of the rest of the league.

It's been kept very quiet, however, regarding changing the voting structure it's our chums from Aberdeen who wish (alongside Celtic) to keep the current structure.

Best to remember that this will be changed if reconstruction goes ahead anyway. So in reality its likely to be different well before Rangers are back anyway.

The numbers post-reconstruction circulated earlier were:

Premiership

1 £2,405,000 (-£315,000)

2 £1,718,000 (-£682,000)

3 £1,460,000 (-£60,000)

4 £1,289,000 (-£71,000)

5 £1,203,000 (-£77,000)

6 £1,117,000 (-£83,000)

7 £1,057,000 (-£63,000)

8 £1,005,000 (-£35,000)

9 £988,000 (+£28,000)

10 £902,000 (+£22,000)

11 £816,000 (+£16,000)

12 £730,000 (+£10,000)

Championship

13 £387,000 (+£319,000)

14 £344,000 (+£277,000)

15 £301,000 (+£235,000)

16 £258,000 (+£193,000)

17 £241,000 (+£177,000)

18 £189,000 (+£121,000)

19 £172,000 (+£111,000)

20 £155,000 (+£95,000)

21 £137,000 (+£78,000)

22 £120,000 (+£63,000)

23 £103,000 (+£47,000)

24 £86,000 (+£31,000)

It's been kept very quiet, however, regarding changing the voting structure it's our chums from Aberdeen who wish (alongside Celtic) to keep the current structure.

My point was that if Celtic were made to fight to keep the lions share of prizemoney by voting (which they fucking should have been). Then they must have had another club voting with them to avoid any decisions being forced on them.

At present the 11-1 voting system should be a big disadvantage to Celtic getting their own way. Without their other arse cheek to vote with them they can no longer veto proposals.

You have got to love those people at the top of our clubs

11 off which had to vote this through, or at least not stand against the SPL board if they done it

And interesting to see it all play out,

One of they few things that made sense from the reconstruction plan was the re-distribution of wealth

Guess, it's possible that they left 1st spot with the huge imbalance, to favour fans/SFL opting in for reconstruction, as if all SPL places had got a fair redistribution, it's unlikely the self preservation league would have voted for any other changes moving forward

And now it's been exposed, were we all lied to? or would it be more pc to say we we're not given the full picture

When the reconstruction model sold to us was not based on current financial model,

but the old one and we were told financial redistribution was not possible without all the other reconstruction changes being bolted on

Over to you ms Dempster

Really don't understand how the money for 1st hasn't been touched. Surely given the 11-1 voting structure Celtic were at the mercy of the rest of the league.

My thoughts exactly so who voted for Celtic to keep their share?

I know Aberdeen have been quoted over the course of the season as voting with Celtic, especially on league sizes as they'd preferred a 10 team league at the time. (Why I'm not sure, as they are just as likely to see the 1st Division as anyone else in a 10 team set up.)

Surely, this should've been made public knowledge as well rather than hiding it away.

At a time when clubs are calling out for fans to come through the door or to invest in them, this comes as a kick in the teeth for those making that extra effort.

Remind me again which stadium gets the biggest crowds in the SPL.....

Oh, wait that'll be Celtic, so they are getting all that gate money, money from UEFA for the Champions League as well as keeping their prize money intact for the SPL while the other clubs try to wring the fans of every last penny with promises of fan ownership, shares, the death of their club if they don't.

Sometimes makes me wonder why we even bother having a voting structure, I mean we all thought that with Rangers and Celtic in the SPL the 11-1 vote was rigged in their favour. Now looks like they only need one of those two and it's still rigged in their favour.

These clubs need to realise that without them Celtic and their Newco partners across the city don't have a league to play in without them.

How can we even look at a new league structure when we're not treated as equals when it comes to what's best for Scottish Football and not what's best for any particular team.

They'll have a couple seasons in this new league format and then announce what we all already know from other countries that have already tried it.

And why?

Because Newco will be ready to move into the top league and then once again it all comes down to pandering to the Firm.

Due to the finances I don't attend the games as often as I would like to just now and sometimes have gone because I feel guilty about not having bought into the Well Society or got the new strips for the lads but when you see that our club and the others have quite gladly accepted splitting some of the 2nd place money between them and not touched Celtic's then why should I feel bad?

• Like 1

What's the point of Scottish Football now? What's the point in me spending £300 quid on a season ticket? £300 on the Well Society and hundreds in merchandise when at least 11 clubs have voted to INCREASE the gap between Celtic and the rest?

In addtition this decsion seems to have been down on the quiet without an announcment from any of the clubs including our very own and that is absolutely disgraceful Motherwell FC. Why weren't the fans informed of this decision. For the record I have no problem with the prize money being distributed fairly but the prize money being untouched for 1st place only emphasises the cowardice that the other 11 clubs have towards Celtic FC.

This is another nail in the coffin of Scottish Football. Well done Motherwell FC, I hope you are proud of yourselves.

• Like 7

My point was that if Celtic were made to fight to keep the lions share of prizemoney by voting (which they fucking should have been). Then they must have had another club voting with them to avoid any decisions being forced on them.

At present the 11-1 voting system should be a big disadvantage to Celtic getting their own way. Without their other arse cheek to vote with them they can no longer veto proposals.

It only disadvantages Celtic if another club doesn't vote for/with them. What hold does Celtic/Lawwell have over the rest/some of the SPL ?