Dundee Game

ropy

Solid win, not at our best but never really needed to be. It really shows how much quality this team has had this season when we can beat teams and run up impressive scores without playing at our best which we've done on numerous occasions this season.

Back 5 and Las solid, Law a class act, another tireless shift from Ojamaa, another goal from Higgy, assist from Humphrey and Faddy a class above without breaking sweat.

Special mention to boo boy favourite this season Tom Hateley who I thought had a tremendous game and had their boy in his back pocket who never got past him, got in one crucial block at 0-1 at the start of the 2nd half, got forward all game and another assist from another corner.

Seven goals from Hateley's corners this season now, but no wait I forgot HATLEEYS CORNERS ARE THE WORST EVERS!!!1!

Pin point pass from Hateley but in saying that Law's take an finish was a joy to behold. Well worked set piece and just a fantastic all round goal.

Still 2nd in the table, 13 points from a possible 15, notched 12 goals in the process and our 'awful' defence even managed to keep a couple of clean sheets. It's remarkable the amount of stick this teams taken on here when you consider how consistent they've been over the last few seasons. Won't know what we've got till it's gone, make the most of this team while it's still here cause it's a joy to watch a Motherwell team that can go an dismantle teams in the fashion that this one does.

• Like 5

Solid win, not at our best but never really needed to be. It really shows how much quality this team has had this season when we can beat teams and run up impressive scores without playing at our best which we've done on numerous occasions this season.

Back 5 and Las solid, Law a class act, another tireless shift from Ojamaa, another goal from Higgy, assist from Humphrey and Faddy a class above without breaking sweat.

Special mention to boo boy favourite this season Tom Hateley who I thought had a tremendous game and had their boy in his back pocket who never got past him, got in one crucial block at 0-1 at the start of the 2nd half, got forward all game and another assist from another corner.

Seven goals from Hateley's corners this season now, but no wait I forgot HATLEEYS CORNERS ARE THE WORST EVERS!!!1!

Pin point pass from Hateley but in saying that Law's take an finish was a joy to behold. Well worked set piece and just a fantastic all round goal.

Still 2nd in the table, 13 points from a possible 15, notched 12 goals in the process and our 'awful' defence even managed to keep a couple of clean sheets. It's remarkable the amount of stick this teams taken on here when you consider how consistent they've been over the last few seasons. Won't know what we've got till it's gone, make the most of this team while it's still here cause it's a joy to watch a Motherwell team that can go an dismantle teams in the fashion that this one does.

Good post mate

I'll second that, a great summing up.

Hateleys corners and free kicks HAVE been gash this season though!

And Im one of those that defends his overall contribution.

Great result today though. Keeps the pressure on all the other teams to match what we are doing.

I don't even think he's overrated,he's a very good player on his day and generally consistent........... BUT his set piece taking is fucking awful,yes we've scored 7 from his corners now but lets be honest,Leanne Dempster or Flow could take 200 odd corners for us and we'd score from 6 or 7.

• Like 1

The biggest difference today was confidence, we had loads of it and they had precious little and what they did have sapped away a litte further with each goal we scored. We started off very well, Humphrey was outstanding for the first ten fifteen minutes but they tactically adjusted and doubled up on him (just as well as Easton was being made to look like an idiot every time we got it over there). Remainder of the first half, they had more of it but apart from the shot from Harkins which Baird flashed wide never really go that close.

I thought we did get a wee break with Hutchinson's booking. Not sure if it was a foul or not but if it was, it surely was denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity and by association he should have walked - the yellow card looked like the bottler's decision.

Second half we grew into it and without looking that dangerous we were now the better team and Lasley's little dink in for Law was exactly what we needed. A good header from Law (was that his first headed goal for us?) and the game was dead and buried. If I was a Dundee fan I'd be a little miffed by our third. Hateley was telling Law where to stand before taking the corner and not one of them reacted. To be fair from then Hateley put it on a sixspence and Law's finish was outstanding but if I can see what we are going to try there is no excuse for SPL defenders not to notice.

From that point on it was comfortable and we did a professional job of seeing it out. Higdon is immense every single week. Law and Ojamaa I thought were really quiet in the first half but grew into it. Faddy was a bit in and out, sometimes maybe guilty of trying too much. Lasley was OK but nothing better. Humphrey decent with a couple of wayward thrown in. Defensively we did pretty well though Hammell's distribution could have been better at times. Another good game from Hateley - definitely come on the last few weeks. Actually think the couple of games he missed with injury has done him the world of good - I think he was perhaps a little stale.

The biggest difference today was confidence, we had loads of it .....

Spot on Tweed ,we've had a great season and were playing better now than at any time in the past nine months imo, confidence is a big part of that. I don't think we will lose many games between now and the end of the season. Oh how a wish we were still in the Scottish cup, because its all coming together at the right time.

Agree about the Cup, especially with Faddy on board.

I felt sorry for Carswell not getting the start I thought he deserved, and I don't think Lasley did enough to justify his place if I'm being honest.

That would be the only downside, if there even was one. Ojamaa, Law, Higdon and Hateley were all brilliant. Faddy and Hutchison were also very decent.

Agree about the Cup, especially with Faddy on board.

I felt sorry for Carswell not getting the start I thought he deserved, and I don't think Lasley did enough to justify his place if I'm being honest.

That would be the only downside, if there even was one. Ojamaa, Law, Higdon and Hateley were all brilliant. Faddy and Hutchison were also very decent.

Agree 100%, think next week against Saints Carsy will be the better option!

It was a good cross, and I'm not being anti-Lasley but some of his play was a bit slack at times and felt that Carswell had done enough to keep his place. It's a lot harder for McCall to bring Carswell in for the St Mirren game than it would have been to have just left him in as it sends out the message that Lasley was so bad against Dundee that he deserves to be dropped, which I don't think is the case. However, if he'd left Carswell in, it would just have been an acknowledgement that he'd played well and that Lasley would have to fight to get back in.

It was a good cross, and I'm not being anti-Lasley but some of his play was a bit slack at times and felt that Carswell had done enough to keep his place. It's a lot harder for McCall to bring Carswell in for the St Mirren game than it would have been to have just left him in as it sends out the message that Lasley was so bad against Dundee that he deserves to be dropped, which I don't think is the case. However, if he'd left Carswell in, it would just have been an acknowledgement that he'd played well and that Lasley would have to fight to get back in.

I know what you're getting at. Unfortunately for Carswell his position at the moment is filled by our player of the season and our experienced club captain. Neither of whom have done anything to deserve to be dropped (albeit Las had a better campaign last term).