If We Could Re-Sign One Player For Definite Next Season, Who Would You Choose?

David

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which player would you choose?

• James McFadden
    • Michael Higdon
    • Darren Randolph
    • Tom Hateley
    • Nicky Law
    • Chris Humphrey

Easy - Faddy.

Randolph and Higdon have both stated that they will stay if the core of the team remains and in my opinion if an international and E.P.L quality player like Faddy is willing to stay then the others will follow suit....

I'd say Tom Hateley is the one player that without a shadow of a doubt will be leaving.

I reckon if the rest were to stay, then there is noway Hateley would walk out the door. He would know we have a right good team and a chance of making something happen next season. Much better opportunity than knocking about in the lower divisions with Rangers.

I reckon if the rest were to stay, then there is noway Hateley would walk out the door. He would know we have a right good team and a chance of making something happen next season. Much better opportunity than knocking about in the lower divisions with Rangers.

Aye because they all care about the glory - my arse. smile.gif

Opportunity for what - he isn't going to gain international recognition, so what's the next best thing for him and his family - salary.

Did you see the reported deal Sandaza had (before he threw it away). If Rangers or anyone else comes knocking - none of them will knock back that kind of money. I'm pretty certain you wouldn't, I know i wouldn't.

Who the fuck voted for Humphrey??

Wasn't me (went for Higdon - the value of a goalscorer speaks for itself) but there's an argument to be made there. Not necessarily in front of the others, but Humphrey's mere presence is often enough to create chances for us. Teams are well aware of his pace and often adjust their tactics accordingly, leaving gaps for the likes of Ojamaa (and now Faddy) to exploit. Even if he doesn't kick his own arse, simply having him on the pitch is sometimes enough!

Wasn't me (went for Higdon - the value of a goalscorer speaks for itself) but there's an argument to be made there. Not necessarily in front of the others, but Humphrey's mere presence is often enough to create chances for us. Teams are well aware of his pace and often adjust their tactics accordingly, leaving gaps for the likes of Ojamaa (and now Faddy) to exploit. Even if he doesn't kick his own arse, simply having him on the pitch is sometimes enough!

This.

The fear Humphrey gives SPL defences with his pace means he often has 2/3 men on him which, as you say, opens up lots of space for the other to exploit.

He certainly has his faults but I will be delighted if he's still here next season.

Completley agree with that.

I certainly wouldn't pick him however if as the thread title says, you could have one player stay definatley

McFadden edging out Randolph if only because I believe we have slightly greater chance of actually keeping him. I believe we have a slim chance that borders on non existent but none for keeping Randolph.

Randolph is approaching his prime and EPL clubs should be looking at him. Faddy whilst still clearly got I don't think has the same pull for the kind of clubs down south his talent probably merits.

Choking to keep Higdon and Law also to be honest, the former I think we might keep but again the latter I consider as good as gone. Only thing that makes me think Higdon might leave for a better offer is it's all well and good loving his time here but if Randolph, Law, McFadden, Humphrey all go then the team could be notably weaker and he isn't going to get the same service. Before you know it he'll be getting pelters again if not banging them in and maybe an extra 500 quid or a grand a week suddenly seems worth the risk of pastures new.

Tough one so I'm going to break the rules and give you them by preference.

1. McFadden

2. Randolph

3. Higdon

4. Law

5./6. Hateley/Humphrey

I'd pick McFadden because he's a special player and I just love watching him. My second pick would be Randolph because I think the difference between an ordinary team and a good team is often a goalkeeper. My third pick would be Higdon because of the amount of goals he's scored and because I think he's really improved and is actually a much better player than when he joined. Law has done great but I don't think he's quite as crucial as the first three. Hateley and Humphrey I think are replaceable.

• Like 1

McFadden. He's bums on seats. With the greatest will in the world, the rest aren't. They just simply aren't.

Well should be but I don't think he has notably affected the number of bums on seats. Managed to get bums off seats a few times with some quality football and for that reason I'd still stick by my original choice there.