Inverness Pubs

steelman1991

A mate who lives in Inverness says the Exchange is the place to go. Quite near the railway station apparently. We are gonna meet them there ans see where we end up!

Exchange ...... head out the front door of the train station thru the car park and turn left into Academy St. 1st on left is the Exchange. There's half a doz pubs in Academy St, or head over into narrow streets n lanes of old town and High St for many more. There's a big Weatherspoons down on Church St. If lost ask for Hootenanny and its just across the road.

Exchange ...... head out the front door of the train station thru the car park and turn left into Academy St. 1st on left is the Exchange. There's half a doz pubs in Academy St, or head over into narrow streets n lanes of old town and High St for many more. There's a big Weatherspoons down on Church St. If lost ask for Hootenanny and its just across the road.

You heading along on Saturday big chap?

Would agree with the Exchange, pretty smart and good location. Smith & Jones opposite McDonalds is alright as well, decent pub food too.

For anyone staying the night I'd suggest you end up in Johnny Foxes/The Den, by far the best place to go and the only place that doesn't charge you £7 to get in! Mind there's no curfew in Inverness now. cheers.gif

Would agree with the Exchange, pretty smart and good location. Smith & Jones opposite McDonalds is alright as well, decent pub food too.

For anyone staying the night I'd suggest you end up in Johnny Foxes/The Den, by far the best place to go and the only place that doesn't charge you £7 to get in! Mind there's no curfew in Inverness now. cheers.gif

I enjoyed that Hootenanys joint when I was up in October last year, had a band on and place was pretty lively.

When we stayed after the DIngwall debacle we went into this upstairs folky pub and I could swear we were the only people there who weren't stoned out our mind. There was a guy singing Meet Me on the Corner by Lindesfarne who is one of the most talented musicians I have ever heard in a pub when we were in. The bogs were an experience too! Should have said I can't remember the name of it.

I normally go to the Caley Social Club and have a few beers. They run a bus to and from the pub for 2 quid too. It's mixed company and always a good laugh, Inverness is one of my favourite away trips.

That still in Greig St ?

Almost bought a house just across the road when I moved up 10yrs ago. Was put off by the on-street parking, the proximity of the river and potential noise from the Club. Very nice townhouse tho.

See you in Perth Winker :drinks: