Last Day Of The Season 94/95

steelboy

i was thinking about various ends to the season yesterday and flashbacked to this game. as i remembered it we had the chance to relegate hearts but having a look at it we would have put them in a play off with dunfermline had we won or secured a point.

here's the match details

i was at the game but 11 years old so my memory is a bit hazy. all i remember was it was sunny, we were in an uncovered bit of seating behind the goals, the toilets were disgusting, colqhoun diving for a penalty and for some reason a strong dislike for craig nelson.

i'm quite interested in how keen the well support was to gain revenge on mclean for walking out on us and if failing to do so took the shine off second place for anyone? also how did aberdeen manage to go from second one season to second bottom the next (good enough for them though :thumbup:)?

• Like 1

Like the two of you I was there, but the things that come to mind are the result and the weather more so than the emotions before or after the game.

Oddly the only other thing that really sticks in my mind was an opera singer sized Hearts fan in the enclosure at the front of their Main Stand holding his scarf above his head and giving a particularly enthusiastic rendition of their Boys in Maroon song. Looked like his purple face was about to explode at any minute.

also how did aberdeen manage to go from second one season to second bottom the next (good enough for them though :thumbup:)?

We did almost the same thing the following season (2nd top to 3rd bottom), so it's easy enough given the right managerial talent :)

I was particularly miffed, as an Edinburgh based Well fan who'd endured 15yrs of shyte from Jambo workmates, to blow a gilt edged chance to relegate them was highly frustrating.

Very hot day, sunburnt neck, usual scrammash with rogue Jambos out in Gorgie Road ............... and you should have seen the toilets in the 80's !!!!!!!

I was particularly miffed, as an Edinburgh based Well fan who'd endured 15yrs of shyte from Jambo workmates, to blow a gilt edged chance to relegate them was highly frustrating.

Very hot day, sunburnt neck, usual scrammash with rogue Jambos out in Gorgie Road ............... and you should have seen the toilets in the 80's !!!!!!!

Up on the Dalziel Arms bus & turned into an eventful day to say the least. Jumped off the bus behind at the back of the brewery & most of us went for a quick slash whilst the rest trooped into the (I think) Wheatsheaf pub only to come bursting back out followed by Hearts hooligan element. Cue an onslaught on the pub as two of the M'well lads got stuck inside the pub with the doors being rapidly pulled closed by their now fleeing casuals. With only a locked double door with two small windows in it no-one could get in to get the boys out. eventually a Hearts boy came flying out swinging a pool cue at all & sundry before being battered back in. Eventually the cops arrived & rounded everyone up & let some get to the game with the majority being ushered back to the waiting bus. about a dozen of us made it to the game with my big mate getting arrested en-route in a mistaken identity shout by the polis who were looking for someone else with the same coloured jacket on. he was later let out & got back to the bus in one piece. after the game which I remember hee-haw about other than the score we got back to the coach with them all still celebrating in the ground or so we thought. the coach started driving away minus the two boys from the pub who'd been hospitalised & a few of their mates who'd gone to make sure they were ok. as we crawled along in traffic we spot none other than around 35 Hearts CSF mob who'd been in the pub walking up the road. they proceeded to chase after the bus nearly catching up with it a few times before the traffic moved. half our bus was up for getting off & having a go with them but the driver didnae fancy stopping for obvious reasons. as we approached the Jenners depository we stopped at the lights & two of our boys opened the emergency door on the bus & ran towards this mob just as the bus pulled away. after some frantic shouts the driver stopped about 100 yards away & everyone piled off for a full blown barney in the middle of the street causing traffic chaos which was only stopped when the police arrived & heavy handedly forced Motherwell onto the bus & told us all to f*ck off in no uncertain terms. the two boys who jumped off were pretty badly hurt, one with what looked like a broken hand & the other wi' an eye resembling a black snooker baw after getting coshed a belter at some point before everyone else got there.

apart fae that it was a nice quiet day oot!!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...