St Mirren Game On Thursday

East_Stand_Al

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when has being left footed been a perquisite for playing Left Midfield for Motherwell? Fizzy is there on merit, which the last three managers have seen. It amazes me, these managers keep picking him, yet fans in the stands know he isn't good enough.

Same with Hammell, to some on here he's not good enough although he's our most dangerous player when it comes to setting up goals, and that's a fact that can be found on the SPL website!

Marc Fitzpatrick didn't 'cost us' anything last night. He played a hell of a lot better than Klimpl last night.

In a very bad all round team performance he was definitely not the worst.

He would slot in to most of the SPL teams and probably play better - because he wouldn't have 2000 would be soccer managers on his humph there.

He's played better than Lasley

Its the same old story - when things don't go our way we revert to the usual targets.

GET OFF THE GUY'S BACK

Now that's just nonsense!!

Klimpl has shown much more in a dozen games than Fizzy has in his entire career!! Leroy has got it spot on. We all know - and accept - he isn't cut out for left midefield, and as a defensive midfielder he isn't near the standard of Klimpl and Lasley. He should be a back up player and no more - yet because we have few lefties in the squad he is starting and ultimately costing us.

Lasley to be fair hasn't being doing to well lately when he has been picked.

McGhee just cant pick him because you all fancy him!

We just need to wait another 10 years. My wee cousin back in Germany is 7 years of ages and hell of a player already and received his first offer to play in the youth for our Hometown Alemannia Aachen (german 2. Bundesliga). He is a natural left footed player and somewhat speed, agility and technical skills.

My Uncle refused to let him go... yet :lol:

He has been training last year with the Motherwell boys 2 years older. You couldnt see a difference, even thier managers admitted :D

:wallbash:

Marc Fitzpatrick didn't 'cost us' anything last night. He played a hell of a lot better than Klimpl last night.

Agreed. If Fitzpatrick made half the bad passes or missed interceptions Klimpl did he'd have been utterly crucified.

If folk fancy abusing our own players for misplacing passes or losing headers, then batter in - it's not my own interpretation of "supporting" your team, but each to their own. But when the abuse is entirely based on who the player is, it's an absolute joke. The double standards shown by Motherwell fans both in the stands and on here is laughable most of the time.

Last night - Fitzpatrick was gash, Klimpl was gash, Hughes was gash. Funny how only one gets singled out though. A few weeks ago I posted that the reason Fizzy gets abused is because of his surname - I was actually just fishing and hoping someone would get wound up by that remark. But I'm beginning to seriously wonder if there's actually something in it.

The worst part is when I read folk claiming they want rid of Fitzpatrick, I don't actually believe they do. There seems to be some bizarre kick that a lot of Motherwell fans get out of abusing a scapegoat, and I don't believe they would genuinely want to do without that little opportunity to make themselves feel better by abusing a Motherwell player on a regular basis. Although when Fizzy does leave, someone else will just fall into his place as normal.

In a very bad all round team performance he was definitely not the worst.

He would slot in to most of the SPL teams and probably play better - because he wouldn't have 2000 would be soccer managers on his humph there.

He's played better than Lasley

Its the same old story - when things don't go our way we revert to the usual targets.

GET OFF THE GUY'S BACK

Klimpl seems to escape criticism. He wasn't rotten last night but IU didn't see anything great. him and Hughes are never going to be a midfield partnership. And while I dont agree with the principle of playing a defensive midfielder on the left against a team the calibre of St Mirren, I do think we would have taken it to Extra Time if we had kept Fitzpatrick on the pitch.

The midfield really is a conundrum as we have decent depth but McGhee is yet to work out what our best shape is. I think we miss something when Lasley isn't buzzing about but how we fit him in is another matter.

Same with Hammell, to some on here he's not good enough although he's our most dangerous player when it comes to setting up goals, and that's a fact that can be found on the SPL website!

If anyone wants to look at shite deliveries, I am sure we all saw Gary Brady's corners, fuck me as a Midden fan I would be raging, dinked balls in with no pace and no real accuracy, making it almost impossible for the attackers to do anything with. Absolute waste of a good set piece opportunity. Did it what 5-8 times in the entire game. Must be infuriating to witness him doing it all the time.

In saying that when Dorman was taking the free kicks, on two or three occasions put in sublime crosses into the perfect area with a helluva lot of pace.

That is what to strive towards, whereas it does show that well Hammell's may not be the best (as it used to be) but would much rather his delivery than Gary fuckin' Brady..

Now that's just nonsense!!

Klimpl has shown much more in a dozen games than Fizzy has in his entire career!! Leroy has got it spot on. We all know - and accept - he isn't cut out for left midefield, and as a defensive midfielder he isn't near the standard of Klimpl and Lasley. He should be a back up player and no more - yet because we have few lefties in the squad he is starting and ultimately costing us.

Spot on. There probably is an argument that he could play defensive midfield and do ok but we don't need that! Klimpl, although he didn't have a great game last night (and wasn't alone) is better equiped physically and technically to do that role.

The Brazillians argument doesn't stand up as there is absolutely no need to have a defensive left midfielder when we have Klimpl and Shug in the middle and two full backs who don't exactly camp in the oppositions half. We need wide midfielders to get forward, supply the strikers and weigh in with some goals. Mark will never do this because he doesn't have the ability to do it. Again, I'M NOT SLATING THE GUY AND I DON'T TURN UP AT FIR PARK AND ROAST HIM LIKE SOME but I have the interests of the team at heart and considering the role he is playing, Fitzy just doesn't bring enough goals and creativity to the team.

Some won't like it because he's a good lad and he tries hard but surely it's time to cut our losses.

Fizzy for Captain! Surely this boy is due for a call up??? Come on Burley, Fizzy in a Scotland jersey, he is true Scotland class :unsure:

That's just shite to be mocking a guy like that. Get a grip and get off his case.

For us to be concentarting on one player who was by no means the worst last night is a fucking diabolical disgrace.

There's no reason other than victimisation that this thread has turned this way.

If anyone wants to look at shite deliveries, I am sure we all saw Gary Brady's corners, fuck me as a Midden fan I would be raging, dinked balls in with no pace and no real accuracy, making it almost impossible for the attackers to do anything with. Absolute waste of a good set piece opportunity. Did it what 5-8 times in the entire game. Must be infuriating to witness him doing it all the time.

Spot on, and another point about Hammell, I don't know if you watched on TV or were at the game, but there was a point in the first half where O'Brien smashed a lovely cross across the box. That all came about due to a faboulous pin point pass and quick thinking of Hammell.

Back on Fizzy, I think our midfield is better with him in it, than not. At least for a midfielder he looks to get forward, and despite missing a few glaring chances he is willing to keep on going. People need to grow up and learn to support him, as he is a good footballer at our level, and as someone said, most SPL sides around us would take him.

The whole team were poor but in particular Fitzpatrick and Clarkson were shite. Clarksons first touch was non existant throughout and passing was very poor. Fitzpatrick worked hard but yet again brought nothing to the team with his reluctance to cross the ball when the oppurtunity arose. I know its not his fault he gets picked but get a grip McGhee he is woeful and should be playing in the lower divisions.

The whole team were poor but in particular Fitzpatrick and Clarkson were shite. Clarksons first touch was non existant throughout and passing was very poor. Fitzpatrick worked hard but yet again brought nothing to the team with his reluctance to cross the ball when the oppurtunity arose. I know its not his fault he gets picked but get a grip McGhee he is woeful and should be playing in the lower divisions.

And where does your experience and expertise come from? Have you got UEFA Coaching Badges? A Football Scout for one of the best teams in the world? Or are you a fan that thinks he knows better?

if it wasn't celtic we were playing on sunday i'd say I'd like to see us revert back to 3 up front and have sheridan, clarkson and sutton on, think that would maybe work quite well?

Try it against inverness, or if not, just give clarkson a wee rest for a week, i'd like to see how sutton and sheridan play together

We are shite without Chris Porter.

We happily took a few hundred grand over any sense of ambition. Last nigts inept performance was symbolic of such ambition.

Agree with you up to a point - Porter wanted back to England (although he wasn't shouting it from the rooftops - he conducted himself with dignity) and we stood to get nothing for him if he went in the summer. Having said that he IS a huge loss to our team and Sheridan is not the answer..yet. Sutton should have started last night - just as he should have started the first game after scoring two goals at Inverurie.

Is there something about Sutton's non-inclusion we don't know about ??

Stuart.

If you had a look at my earlier psost I never said Fizzy was the worst player on the park last night. TBH honest, didn't think any of the boys turned up - Clarkson was shocking, Shuggie was hot and cold, Coach was quite, worst game I've ever seen Klimpl playing and Craggs sold the jersey at the end with that stupid attempt to catch Mehmet offside....

The point I made about Fizzy was that he is a backup player and no more... And all the players who were shite last night is more out of character than it was with Fizzy.

He is a nice lad, home-grown and has a great work rate - but its not enough in my eyes. I think we are a weaker team when he plays in the middle and short of options when he plays on the left. I'd give him a crack at left back, and let Hammell move onto the wing - maybe he'd do a turn there.

And for all you guys who say he's not better than Keef, he was the stand out player for us at the start of the season when things weren't going our way. He ALWAYS start before Fizzy if it was my call, but even he shouldn't be playing cause of Klimpl.

For a few years we have badly needed a left sided midfielder as McGhee seems to like a left footer on the left wing - and I think the fact we got Ayidek (is that how you spell it) on loan - a left footed winger - shows that McGhee is looking at options to replace Fizzy.

And if Klimpl was injured, and 2nd choice Lasley was injured...dare I say it...I'd start big bad Boab before Fizzy.