St Mirren Game On Thursday

East_Stand_Al

We lose one game out of ten this year and the witch hunts begin. I didn't see the game last night, but we couldn't possibly have played worse than when Hibs skelped us 4 - 1 at Fir Park.

For whatever reason, St. Mirren seem to be able to stop us playing. All the recent games have been close and not pretty to watch. It will take a game or two to re-adjust to playing without Porter, and we do need to find an approach (that's not 4-5-1) to deal with teams like St. Mirren.

If we play as poorly for the next 2 or 3 games, then we should be worried.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have almost had enough of this.

I thought Marc had a good (good as last night goes) and solid game last night. You are right, he isn't a left winger, nor his he trying to be. The gaffer has said this several times and the only time he has started with an outright 4-4-2 was the other week when he played darren smith on one wing and jim obrien on the other.

Some people on here are a complete joke. From the main stand last night I thought fitzy put in a shift and a few of the guys around me were commenting on how he was having a good game. If you are expecting him to be bombing down the line and swinging in crosses then you are a complete idiot with no footballing awareness. Our best performances this season have been with Marc in the team, and look what happened when he was removed last night. It isn't a coincidence that our long unbeaten run came when Marc was a big fixture.

I like Fitzpatrick, I really do, but he was pish last night and has been pish for a while. This is the point in his career where he really needs to perform.

Having said that, maybe 10 or so games ago he was looking really good. Managing to beat a few players and get down the left side and forward easily. Just now though it feels as if he never has enough space or time on the ball to do anything with it.

I think we still have a lot more to see from Fitzy. He's just hit a bit of bad form.

Children, Children FFS, will you all just chill.

Is the last few games not just part of Mcghees master plan. - After the press and praise we got last year every team was out go get us - How else to we lead them into a false sense of security - We have a run of pretty poor games, pick up the odd point or 3 and have a fairly avarage cup run.

As the plan is all coming together, can we now get off the players backs and start giving them possitive support - there are murderer's out there that get less abuse than some of our squad get.

It will be all praise for the team if the plan works and we beat the smellies on Sunday !!!

Children, Children FFS, will you all just chill.

Is the last few games not just part of Mcghees master plan. - After the press and praise we got last year every team was out go get us - How else to we lead them into a false sense of security - We have a run of pretty poor games, pick up the odd point or 3 and have a fairly avarage cup run.

As the plan is all coming together, can we now get off the players backs and start giving them possitive support - there are murderer's out there that get less abuse than some of our squad get.

It will be all praise for the team if the plan works and we beat the smellies on Sunday !!!

I'll have some of what your :P , but if it i a masterplan and we do beat Glasgowcelticfootballclub then I will publicly hail you for a true tactical genius.

:P

That was a woefull display last night - WHY do we always embarrass ourselves on the telly!! :P

It has prob been said already but Stevie Craigan - He has been a good servant to this club but his time on the football park is sadly now up. His error/lack of pace/poor decision making has cost us at least about £200,000 and a shot at Hampden.

Deary me!!

It has prob been said already but Stevie Craigan - He has been a good servant to this club but his time on the football park is sadly now up. His error/lack of pace/poor decision making has cost us at least about £200,000 and a shot at Hampden.

Absolute pish! If you want to go down that route, then Clarky cost us 200K for an absolute dismal attempt at a pass, where for the first time in the game three of our midfielders committed themselves to getting into the box.

Move on a little while, then Reynolds inability to read the danger of the break and not bring down (I think) Dargo and take a booking at it was going on three on three (unlike what Craigan did minutes before on the other side). If it wasn't for Craigan's return we would be sitting looking down shitting ourselves with ICT chasing us quickly in the league rather than still, just, looking above us and the European Slots.

That was a woefull display last night - WHY do we always embarrass ourselves on the telly!! :P

Deary me!!

I wonder if the cheap booking he picked up earlier was on his mind , he couln't have taken one for the team at risk of being sent off, however as earlier posters have said football is a team game and the whole team are culpable for that result, still onwards and upwards bring on the trumpets Celtic.

Absolute pish! If you want to go down that route, then Clarky cost us 200K for an absolute dismal attempt at a pass, where for the first time in the game three of our midfielders committed themselves to getting into the box.

Settle pettal :P

Just an opinion and one I doubt I'm alone in having. I never said Craigan has been gash all season - in fact if you read my post I commend him BUT that was a clear error that cost us - you CAN'T argue with that. Yes Clarky cost us, unfortunately I doubt David is at the age where retirement is a possibility!!