St Johnstone V Motherwell, 19 May 2013 At 12.45Pm

Toxteth O'Grady

Dissapointed to lose but guess can't be too down after a tremendous season.

Easy for me to say as I didn't fork out to travel & watch what sounds like an abject performance.

By the sounds of it most of the 'Well fans who did seem to be enjoying themselves anyway though!

Disappointing performance. Few in our team looking really up for it while St J had a lot to play for!

I hope today might prove to a few people that although he is an able deputy and decent/cheap back up Hollis is not no1 material for us. His kicking and general presence leaves a lot to be desired and doesn't fill me or i get the impression our defence with a lot of confidence!!

I hope today might prove to a few people that although he is an able deputy and decent/cheap back up Hollis is not no1 material for us. His kicking and general presence leaves a lot to be desired and doesn't fill me or i get the impression our defence with a lot of confidence!!

I would hope that people wouldn't make a snap judgement on Hollis' ability on the basis of one game today.

By the same token, all those who decided he was a more than able replacement for Randolph on the basis of about three games in the last two years will maybe be a little more concerned now.

Snap judgements, eh? Isn't it just the Motherwell way...

• Like 1

1368976166[/url]' post='383196']

I would hope that people wouldn't make a snap judgement on Hollis' ability on the basis of one game today.

By the same token, all those who decided he was a more than able replacement for Randolph on the basis of about three games in the last two years will maybe be a little more concerned now.

Did you see Hollis today?

Even the players didn't trust him.

As soon as the ball went towards him they took it from him.Simple kick outs straight to a St J player

He was garbage.

A keeper HAS to be top priority. help.gif

• Like 1

I only saw both goals quickly but I thought Hollis (and most other keepers) had little to no chance of getting the 1st goal. The 2nd one he decided to sit up, stick a leg out and cover more of the goal rather than dive - something a lot of keepers do.

Overall I don't think he was at fault for either goal but I can't comment on his full game.

Happy to still give him his chance but Scarily I said the same about Malpas!!!

Get what you're saying mate but how long do you give it? I personally would not feel confident going into next season with Hollis as no1.

On another note, i was very disappointed in the decision to take carswell off. Firstly, I thought he played well and secondly law was having a poor game and didn't really look interested. He wasn't the only one though to be fair, pretty typical end of season performance....but can't complain after such a fantastic season.

A shocking display from the players today. An insult to the fans that turned up.

Also the decision to stick us in a corner of the main stand knowing fine well we would take a big crowd was disgraceful. Ended up having to move to the stand behind the goal and missed a bit of the game.

Was that stand not advertised at 15pounds? We ended up havin to pay 22.

Did you see Hollis today?

Even the players didn't trust him.

As soon as the ball went towards him they took it from him.Simple kick outs straight to a St J player

He was garbage.

A keeper HAS to be top priority. help.gif

No, I didn't see him today. That's not the point. Maybe he was garbage today (by the way, it doesn't sound like he was the only one but I'll play along) but you're telling me 90 minutes is enough to decide a player is not fit to wear the Motherwell shirt?! Behave yourself.

For what it's worth, I agree that we need to sign a new 'keeper. If you read my original comment, I pointed out that I found it nonsensical that people decided Hollis was good enough based on one good game against Celtic (and another couple in the last two years). By the same token, it's even more ridiculous to suggest he's not good enough based on 90 minutes of football when, from what I've heard and read, the outfield players in front of him offered little protection due to mentally already being on their holidays.

I would have thought people on here would have learnt their lesson after people like Steelboy and Dewell made complete idiots of themselves by instantly deciding that Michael 'Player of the Year and SPL top scorer' Higdon was shit.

Get what you're saying mate but how long do you give it? I personally would not feel confident going into next season with Hollis as no1.

More than two or three games, that's for sure. Again, I agree that I'd rather see another 'keeper signed to replace Randolph. However, it's ludicrous to decide a player's Motherwell career should be over without at least giving them one decent run in the starting XI to prove themselves.

Had a discussion with the turnstyle woman about that. Would have argued longer, but there was a big queue.

Was £15 for an adult and upto 2 kids, there wasnt an adult price as such, as adults weren't allowed in alone.

I presumed they'd have to let us in for £15, but apparently not. Probably legally they do, as advertised at £15 and probably discriminatory against folk with no kids as well.

Missing the start of the game, having to sit behind the goals, splitting up the 'well support, big queue for a shite pie, pish performance and £22 for the privilege.

Had better days out!

:lol:

Great season though! That's why so many headed to today! Shame it ended with a whimper.

Also the decision to stick us in a corner of the main stand knowing fine well we would take a big crowd was disgraceful. Ended up having to move to the stand behind the goal and missed a bit of the game.

Seem to recall a similar fiasco a couple of seasons back. To be fair to them there not used to large crowds. Average home gate is about 2,900.dry.gif