25 Years Ago This Very Day......

Yir Elder

e

Great memories for those of us at Swinecastle that afternoon! Gaun yirsel big Kirkie!

When I think of Kirkie at Tynecastle, I remember the midweek game where he waltzes through 3-4 players (actually they seem to run out the way!) and scores past Henry Smith.........any footage of it?

Great memories both, perhaps all the more special given as Tynecastle was and would continue to be graveyard for us in the latter part of the eighties, nudging into the nineties.

I wasn't fortunate enough to be at Tynecastle for "Kirkie's Game" but well remember excitedly waiting for the higlights to come on Sportscene that night (highlights on a Saturday night - heady days indeed) to see it. What stuck out wasn't the penalty save or even clawing it back to 2-2 but Johnny Gahagan's leap of celebration as he warmed up behind the goal.

I was at the game Coolhandluc mentions though as I wasn't able to make it to the Cup game which was due to be played shortly after. That was a great goal and a very good result at the time but it seemed to get lost in the excitement of the Quarter Final. We'll say no more about that...

Aye great memories. I think it was that game that I saw a guy with a half-and-half Motherwell/Leyton Orient tammy...turns out it was Julianthelondoncabbie from on here.

Andy, was the cup game the one we got humped and it pished down all day? Certainly remember drying off in some pub with an open fire after the game

Was this the same day that Durrant got injured in a tackle from Neil Simpson?

I think I was at a match at Dens Park- was a student in Dundee at the time- and was following other matches on the radio. Might have been Dundee Hibs, and possibly a two one away win with Steve Archibald scoring.

Andy, was the cup game the one we got humped and it pished down all day? Certainly remember drying off in some pub with an open fire after the game

Two different Cup games if I mind right Coolhandluc. The first one I referred to we drew up there (1-1 I think) but fucked up the replay back at Fir Park with John Gardiner chucking one in, late in extra-time.

The second Cup game was a couple of years later and was the one it pished down all day and we were pumped 4-0. Had to go back there a week later for a league game as well to have our noses rubbed in it again.

I seem to remember a game, early-mid nineties where we were 3-0 up against them at half time, then lost 4-3! :dash2: Anyone remember any details?

Pretty sure you're havering old boy!

I seem to remember a game, early-mid nineties where we were 3-0 up against them at half time, then lost 4-3! :dash2: Anyone remember any details?

I remember a game in the mid-nineties at Fir Park where were 2-0 up at one stage and they came back and won 4-2, would that be one you were thinking of?

I think McLeish might not long have jumped ship to Hibs and Jim Griffin was holding the fort.

The 4-2 game where we were 2-0 up was roundabout 1997 I think. I think Billy Davies and Willie Falconer scored our goals and I'm sure Jim Hamilton and Steve Fulton scored for Hearts. I remember Hearts pulling a goal back instantly when we went 2-0 up and cut our celebrating sing song dead in its tracks! Hearts had quite a good team that year and were technically still in the hunt for the league I'm sure right up until April when a late Tommy Coyne equaliser at Tynecastle killed if for them. They won the cup that season mind.

I remember games against Hearts in the late. 80's ( when I was VERY young I might add!) as being absolute battles! They were the first team I really hated due to their antics. Tynecastle was a graveyard for us in those days and I didn't actually see us win there till Richie Foran scored a penalty in a 1-0 win maybe in 2006? I've since us win there about 5 times! Changed days.

I remember a game in the mid-nineties at Fir Park where were 2-0 up at one stage and they came back and won 4-2, would that be one you were thinking of?

I think McLeish might not long have jumped ship to Hibs and Jim Griffin was holding the fort.

Might have been Andy. I had it in my head it was 3. perhaps I was more devastated than I thought!

1381335958[/url]' post='397202']

beat them 6-1 a month or so later at the Ark though...

Any footage of that game?Wanna share that with some Jambo friends!!!

Back on topic I was at the Game where Kirkie saved the pen but was in the Panini ( the fitba stickers no yon poncy piece thingy!!!) family stand wi a jambo school friend o mine!!! So jealous of the well fans jumping about daft!!!

Think I did let out a wee yell of excitement!!!