• Keith Lasley
    • John Sutton
    • Henri Anier
    • Zaine Francis-Angol
    • Craig Moore
    • Paul Lawson
    • Bob McHugh
    • Null Vote

for me it was a choice between Lasley and Sutton but in the end I went for Sutton

Agreed, except I plumped for Lasley. Tough choice as I didn't think anybody was outstanding.

Always good to beat Hearts though, no matter what the performance was like.cheers.gif

I thought Anier was excellent. Was quite surprised when he went off.

Lasley covered every blade of grass.

Ramsden didn't put a foot wrong and tried to get forward.

Nielsen made a great double save in the 1st half, but could have maybe done better for the goal? Did look a lot more confident than Hollis and that seemed to filter out, to the point McManus was a bit casual on a couple of occasions.

Who voted for Angol? He had a 'mare! Clueless, constantly gave away possession, didn't chase back, looked off the pace and disinterested to me.

I'd have to give it to the guy behind in the East Stand who told perpetual tourettes Sunday league player annoying cunt to shut his moaning cunt, but I don't see him listed.

Seriously though

Again we've got this intriguing split where folk see some guys as man of the match and others seeing them as non performers. Footballs just incredible.

I didn't think there were any big standouts today. We pulled together well as a team to get back into the game and Moore's strike sparked it off

The game changed when Lawson came on.....

Seriously, I thought Sutton and Lasley were involved in everything positive. Vigurs has his flaws but his set pieces put Hearts under the cosh every time. Not since Cooper have we looked so dangerous from just about every corner. However for all round performance Sutton was the best for me today. McManus had a real good game too.

1382254821[/url]' post='397577']

The game changed when Lawson came on.....

Seriously, I thought Sutton and Lasley were involved in everything positive. Vigurs has his flaws but his set pieces put Hearts under the cosh every time. Not since Cooper have we looked so dangerous from just about every corner. However for all round performance Sutton was the best for me today. McManus had a real good game too.

Against Ross County I was talking about the quality of Ainsworth's corners. So looks like we have options now.

A toss up between Lasley and Sutton for me. So many times yesterday when it got a bit scrappy in the midfield Lasley was there to get onto the loose balls and get us possession. Still got a great engine on him for an 'experienced player' breaking into the box on occasion and tracking back well.

In the end I voted for Sutton though. Won absolutely everything in the air, just about every flick on found a Motherwell jersey, chest control and lay off's were excellent and just generally led the line and worked tirelessly.

Unfortunately couldn't top it off with a goal against his old employers but I think they saw enough to see what they could have had if they'd bothered to use him properly.

Tough to pick a MOTM as I didn't think anyone was a star. Reckon Lasley just shaded it ahead of Sutton, McManus and Hutchy.

Ramsden is really proving to be Mr Consistent. Really player to have in the side and proving to be a solid full back.

Angol probably had his worst game in a Well shirt. I don't personally see the big deal with him anyway but he was very poor on Saturday. Was he away with Antigua?

I gave it to big Sutton. Wins a lot of balls for us. Looked a handful.

Thought the centre two were pretty good with the exception of Hutchisons stray pass.

Lasley was outstanding, vigurs came into it - although I think he holds onto possession for too long at times. As has been said ZFA wasn't up to much, he seems to struggle to use the space around him when he is off the ball.

Thought Nielsen was decent as well, quite a significant physical presence and seemed really confident.