Greatest Well Eleven You Have Seen

joewarkfanclub

I liked Reynolds when he was with us. 150+ games by the time he was 23, so although he had experience, he still had some rawness to his game.

I think his improvement has continued since he left us and he has been one of Aberdeen's better signings.

We kept loads of clean sheets when Reynolds and Craigan were the partnership, but Reynolds got plaudits and Craigan crucified. However, when Craigan was missing we were like Keystone Cops at the back. In my opinion, Reynolds owes a lot of his (supposed) success to Craigan, and to bring it back to the original topic, Craigan should be much closer to the greatest XI than Reynolds in my opinion.

Craigan had the experience, but he was slower than me and his passing out of defence was, to be kind, mediocre.

I think the partnership with Reynolds was greater than the sum of its parts, though, as Reynolds was a faster and a better player on the deck.

Wouldn't have either of them in my best ever, but both players I was happy to see in a 'Well shirt.

Reynolds is no world beater, but has played at a consistently high level for a good few years and many ex defenders like willie miller who know the game far better than me say he is very good. Who am I to argue with them.

Let's just say I would be happy to have him back in a Motherwell shirt.