Definitive Worst X I

Goggles & Flippers

Now there's around 50 votes, an no doubt being influenced by the age and memory of those who did so, here we have the worst XI to step onto the Fir Park pitch and also be paid to do so. There are no doubt much worse guys out there but this team would struggle to beat a bunch of schoolgirls (wouldn't you agree Sydney?). The midfield and defence were pretty much clear with the attack more skewed, Derek Townsley for example looked like a shoe in but was overhauled in the past day and now doesn't even make the team.

It goes without saying some players would be better placed within the formation but its purely an indication.

Manager: Maurice Malpas

Assistant: Harri Kampman

---------------------------------- John Gardiner -----------------------------------

-- Eddie Forrest ----------- Bobby Donnelly --------- Danny Murphy --

- Shawn Fagan --------------- John Davies -------------- Trevor Molloy -

Paul Keegan - Esteban Casagolda - Calum Elliot - Abel Thermius

Subs:

Colin Meldrum

Yassin Moutouakil

Ange Oueifio

Bob Malcolm

Brian Kerr

John Hendrie

John Reilly

Now there's around 50 votes, an no doubt being influenced by the age and memory of those who did so, here we have the worst XI to step onto the Fir Park pitch and also be paid to do so. There are no doubt much worse guys out there but this team would struggle to beat a bunch of schoolgirls (wouldn't you agree Sydney?). The midfield and defence were pretty much clear with the attack more skewed, Derek Townsley for example looked like a shoe in but was overhauled in the past day and now doesn't even make the team.

It goes without saying some players would be better placed within the formation but its purely an indication.

Manager: Maurice Malpas

Assistant: Harri Kampman

------------------------------------ John Gardiner -----------------------------------

-- Eddie Forrest ----------- Bobby Donnelly --------- Danny Murphy --

- Shawn Fagan --------------- John Davies -------------- Trevor Molloy -

Paul Keegan - Esteban Casagolda - Calum Elliot - Abel Thermius

Subs:

Colin Meldrum

Yassin Moutouakil

Ange Oueifio

Bob Malcolm

Brian Kerr

John Hendrie

John Reilly

Abel didn't seem to do too bad once he left http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abel_Thermeus

Not to worry. I enjoyed reading people's thoughts and feelings on player past.

Feel sorry for Shaun Fagan, guy tried his best, and scored a few goals.

So do I but I don't think he would have made that team if his name had been in the first section of midfielders. I would have had 5 or 6 in that section in before him but you needed to pick one from the second batch and I think he's probably the one most remembered.