Last Minute Winners

steelman1991

Sunday's game got me thinking about other last minute goals which have been wildly celebrated over the years.

So what's been everyone's favourite.

Mine I think would have to have been Ian Ross's winner against Celtic - purely for the unusual circumstances surrounding the game. Losing our goalkeeper early in the match and playing a good portion of it with Jamie (RIP) Dolan in goals.

Sunday's game got me thinking about other last minute goals which have been wildly celebrated over the years.

So what's been everyone's favourite.

Mine I think would have to have been Ian Ross's winner against Celtic - purely for the unusual circumstances surrounding the game. Losing our goalkeeper early in the match and playing a good portion of it with Jamie (RIP) Dolan in goals.

I suppose skippy Sunday is the first that springs to mind. However, that only handed rangers the title and did nothing for us as I was reminded walkin thro the Larkie on way home :-(

So I would go for Kirkie's semi-final goal V Celltic that ensured we were finally through to cup final in 91 ( not last minute dont think, but every bit enjoyable)

There truly is nothing finer in this world than a last minute winner!

Reid on Sunday.

Fitzpatrick v hearts in the semi

Skippy Sunday (the equaliser was actually better than the winner!)

Ian Ross v Celtic 1996

Clarkson v Killie 2007 (possibly quite a forgotten one but it kept the push for the ultimately successful 3rd spot going and I remember going mental!)

McManus v thistle this season was near enough last minute and thoroughly enjoyable.

Had forgotten about the Dougie Ramsey v Dunfermline one. Meaningless game but still brilliant moment.

Hateley v St Mirren

Nevin v Hearts (1999?)

Not winners but still pretty special

Sutton v Celtic a few weeks ago

Jutkiewicz v Hibs

Hateley v Odense

Kinniburgh v Celtic in the 4-4 game so nearly could've been on this list!

Any more?

Should we start a thread for last minute sickeners?

Skippy's for me. Sitting in an Irish pub in Sheffield surrounded by mhanks singing their usual shite and dancing roon the place celebrating..... And then silence and greetin and me sitting on my hands wi a big GIFRUY smile on ma face.Classic!!laugh1.gif

Not winning goals but Dougie's 2 break aways in injury time to beat Rangers 3-0 in 2nd last league game before '91 final. It took away their goal difference advantage and their faces were tripping them!

One of my favourite memories from that era too. Full highlights available on YouTube :) Would've been tem times better if Aberdeen hadn't then gone and blown it the next week anyway, though.